Do Animals have an after life?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I keep coming up with attempted humorous responses but they always seem a little too gruesome...I'm afraid some of the people here might be sensitive and wouldn't appreciate the humor. :|

Around 1989 I was told that All Dogs go to Heaven. I hope I wasn't lied to.

Seriously, how could heaven be heaven if your pets weren't there with you? :)

Come now, what Michael Jackson and Bubbles do behind closed doors is certainly none of our business. :wink:

sorry, couldn't resist... :shifty:

All dogs go to heaven.

That's where my Mom told me King went. :(

nbcrusader said:
Animals return to the dust of the earth.

There is no kitty or puppy heaven.

Sorry.

what!?!?!?!?

:sad:

not my dearly departed dog K.C. if he's not in heaven when i get there, i'm turning right around and searching for his lost soul.

and i know just what to say to get it to come running to me across the vortex of space and time.

Heck, even Martin Luther claimed that dogs go to heaven. This was to console his kids who were concerned about the damnation of their pets.

Irvine511 said:

what!?!?!?!?

:sad:

not my dearly departed dog K.C. if he's not in heaven when i get there, i'm turning right around and searching for his lost soul.

and i know just what to say to get it to come running to me across the vortex of space and time.

yeah...if my kitty and I aren't in heaven together i won't be happy. she's a member of the family! my baby!

So what determines if a pet goes to Heaven or Hell? I mean, obviously not all animals are going to go to Heaven, because that would be a pretty heartless God to send only one species on Earth to eternal damnation and send the rest to eternal bliss.

So if animals do have an afterlife, there must be some sort of criteria that splits them between Heaven and Hell. What would that be? It can't be acceptance of Jesus Christ.

I don't think anyone goes to heaven (or hell for that matter), so I don't think animals do either. But if on some off chance people do get an afterlife, then animals do also. It's incredibly arrogant to think only the human animal would get an afterlife and not others. Besides, more non human animals are deserving of heaven than humans.

I think a part of why so many people who do believe in heaven for humans but not animals is that they don't want to think of all their dinners sharing heaven with them. Easier to kill something if it doesn't have a soul.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
I know of at least one monkey that's gone to heaven.

I can believe that. I mean, after all - if man is five, then the devil is six. And if the devil is six, then God is seven.

Wait. Actually, what would that make animals? Four? :huh:

I hate math.

I'd also like to know: Are we truely made in the image of God?

That is the scariest thing I've ever heard.:wink:

XHendrix24 said:

I can believe that. I mean, after all - if man is five, then the devil is six. And if the devil is six, then God is seven.

I hate math.

:lol:

indra said:
I don't think anyone goes to heaven (or hell for that matter), so I don't think animals do either. But if on some off chance people do get an afterlife, then animals do also. It's incredibly arrogant to think only the human animal would get an afterlife and not others. Besides, more non human animals are deserving of heaven than humans.

Just out of curiosity, would you extend this to ALL living things? Or where would you draw the line? I'm only wondering b/c there are some "animals" that seem to function more like plants....like a sponge or anemone or coral.

XHendrix24 said:

I hate math.

Thank you.:wink:

jay canseco said:
I'd also like to know: Are we truely made in the image of God?

That is the scariest thing I've ever heard.:wink:

It is, isn't it? :ohmy:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Just out of curiosity, would you extend this to ALL living things? Or where would you draw the line? I'm only wondering b/c there are some "animals" that seem to function more like plants....like a sponge or anemone or coral.

There are religions which do extend this to all life forms.

The Jains may be the most interesting of the bunch - they believe everything has a soul, but that there are different "degrees" of souls.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

It's a big load of "if's" for me.... But if there is a heaven, and if it is a physical place with physical things then yeah, there better be plants and animals. I think it would be a pretty nastly place with only humans.

And if there is a heaven and it isn't a physical place but rather a collection of souls or life force or energy or whatever you want to call it...well, I think if humas have those things that pretty much every other living thing does also.

But I have the stinking suspicion that there is no heaven, hell, or other sort of afterlife, and we all just live, pay taxes, and die. Lovely, isn't it? :|

With all the dogs, puppies, cats and kittens and various pets my sons have had over these many years, I'm just going to have to have a bigger mansion..

Edited to say: this sounds rather glib.
Animal afterlife is a rather abstract idea I don't think about much..

Last edited:
If were created in the image of God and we have such a love for
our dogs and pets would'nt God care about them too?

...I mean animals are a heck of a lot more pure than us humans
right?:eyebrow:

edgeboy said:
If were created in the image of God and we have such a love for
our dogs and pets would'nt God care about them too?

...I mean animals are a heck of a lot more pure than us humans
right?:eyebrow:

What about the pitbull that killed? I mean was it really told that killing was wrong?

Or what about the parrot my neighbors had who called everyone an 'asshole'?

Or skunks, did they ever do anything nice?

But I do think goldfish should go to heaven. I mean they deserve it. Their whole life consists of living in a plastic bag and then sold in to slavery for a measly dollar at carnivals, then placed in a bowl slightly larger then themselves, they can't sleep, they don't remember shit, and then when they die we put them in a toilet...they deserve heaven.

Back
Top Bottom