Dillon and new flic about Buke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hiphop

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
called Factotum. Matt Dillon plays Henry Chinaski, Bukowski´s alter ego. Anyone seen that flic? Good?

I want to see it, being a longtime fan af Bukowski. But another comment I heard goes like:

"This movie does a poor treatment of portraying bukowski, completely missing out on his grittiness and dark humor. This movie might as well have been about any average joe with girl problems and job problems. Even worse than the script was Dillon's boring portrayal of Chinowski (Bukowski's alter ego). Seeing a dirty, decrepit, drunken man like bukowski in the lead role might have made this movie mildly interesting, but instead we have this overacting pretty boy horribly miscast. Additionally, the rest of the casting was equally atrocious-more watered down acting from the likes of Marissa Tomai, etc. If you want to see the real Bukowski on screen check out Barfly, which is not perfect, but much better, or better yet try to track down the old documentary video called ¨Bukowski drinks, smokes, and talks,¨ which has candid footage of bukowski boozing, chain smoking, driving around the sleaziest parts of LA and yelling at his girl friend. Once you've seen this, you'll realize what garbage Factotum really is. Perhaps this movie would be great if you know nothing about bukowski but love this Dillon guy (I pity you)."

Recommendations?

Back
Top Bottom