Did the US Supply Weapons to Iraq?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
Please List all Weapons HERE with links or Books where I can find the information. Thanks!

Well since they couldn't find any, they definitely didn't supply Iraq with weapons of mass destruction!

I bit, and quickly searched for about 5 minutes, and I suppose you know as well as I do that it looks like people have demanded information from the government, but it is not definitely known.

Thank you...Rono!

I am looking for more...please.....

Especialy in the CONVENTIONAL WEAPONS>

STING...I know you are looking...please hold the horses for a bit...please....I want to see what is out there.

Rono....most of the info you posted has an interesting footnote....almost indicating that there is no shred of credible information to support the claims.

[Q]*According to the German daily newspaper Die Tageszeitung, which identified this list as a since-deleted portion of Iraq's 11,000-page report to the U.N. Security Council. [/Q] So if it were deleted...why? Since it was deleted it means the evidence no longer exists in the UN report that the US companies did these things. To me it invalidates the claims.

[Q]'executive branch of our government approved 771 different export licenses for sale of dual-use technology to Iraq. I think that is a devastating record'[/Q] Article two speaks of dual use technology. Medical/Agricultural technology based on my research was approved during that time period.

This would apply to the third article as well......

Please anyone have any conventional weapons that the US supplied Iraq with? I have seen three forum members accuse the US of arming Iraq with weapons in the past week. I have been asked to dig deeper in my research. I need some help.

It al comes down to that double use of that stuff,..you can use it for weapons and for agriculture ect,.....and it is all before 1992.

But i never said that the U.S did sell weapons to Iraq directly,...dut the weaponstrading is a all corrupt trade ,...The US ( and other countries ) could sell to taiwan. tiawan sells to india, india,....ect,.....

But why should that be importaind ? France did sell to Iraq, The US to the butchers in middle- America,..everyone is a hypocrite ( sometimes )

But what is the Iraq- Iran scandal ? Was that not about selling weapons to Iraq and Iran ?

Rono said:

But what is the Iraq- Iran scandal ? Was that not about selling weapons to Iraq and Iran ?

Iran Contra.....was about selling weapons illegally to Iran through Nicaragua I believe.

north.jpg

an american hero.
0971700915.01._PE_PI_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Last edited:
I have read and reread....again...the article could be referencing the same dual purpiose agricultural materials....it is not specific enough. It adds nothing new to the issue.

Thanks though....

Still waiting.

Angela Harlem said:
Dread....the " :| 's " are a sign that the lack of credible sources on the internet shows your argument is the strongest?

Come on....

Ummmm.......I took it to mean....ho hum...I am waiting...

and....I still am.....

But if I am in some kind of trouble here....please feel feel to PM me. Thanks....For the benefit of the doubt.......

Also....I started this thread to not derail another thread in FYM. Then ELVIS recommended its creation but I was a step ahead of him on it.. I have patiently waited for a shread of one ounce of CREDIBLE and VALID information. Since it is a popular claim here in FYM and WAR that the US created Saddam and the mess in Iraq

Rono has very nicely provided information about dual use technology. That does not indicate that the US armed Iraq.

Many times here in FYM people have said the US has given Iraq Weapons...including Elvis. Well, where is the evidence. Where are the BOOKS that I can read offline. Where are the credible sources, that do not contain "deleted" footnotes.

I was asked to create this thread....and only one member, Rono has been respectful enough to respond. I may not agree with the sources, or the conclusions, but they do not conclusively prove the US armed Iraq.

Certainly not based on the wealth of sources that others have provided about France, Germany, China, and Russia.

But, since I was not aware that the smiley was an offensive symbol, I will not use it anymore. Maybe the smiley symbols should be elimiinated.

There....rant over.

Last edited:
Specfically I asked for CONVENTIONAL weapons....given we could debate for months in here about dual use agricultural vs chemical weapons materials......

insert apropriate unoffensive smile here ( )

I wasn't even aware that the US government denied that (parts needed to manufacture/) weapons had been sold to Iraq

and what kind of evidence are you looking for anyway?
receipts with signatures?

I have plenty of clients who are bar owners etc
I can't prove it, but I know that none of them are declaring their entire income
everyone knows that
and I doubt that I could find the proof that they do on the net somewhere

I think that was angie's point
you don't exactly "win" an argument because no one was able to produce conclusive evidence

I don't support accusations based on nothing in any way
but if we can't debate something - that many believe to be true - because there is no exact proof then we could just as well delete the entire Free your mind forum

Back
Top Bottom