Did Lee Harvey Oswald Act Alone???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No. Space monkeys were in position on the grassy knoll and one was in the drain by the road side. :laugh:

Seriously though, from what I have seen, it does look like there was a second gunman, but beyond that the other theory's about who it was seem like rubbish to me. I don't know how anyone could buy Mr. Stone's theory that LBJ had him murdered.

Garrison

pinkfloyd said:
i fully agree with Jim Garrison version , read the book , and watch the film by Oliver Stone

I think Garrison is the only person to come close to getting it correct.

The reason I put this thread in here is because I have been reading another book on the case, and it seems that Oswald's Military ID seems to have been the type of ID issued to spooks.

This coupled with his links to Guy Bannister/FBI in New Orleans makes me wonder even more if he was an intelligence agent.

The Drain

STING2 said:
No. Space monkeys were in position on the grassy knoll and one was in the drain by the road side. :laugh:

Seriously though, from what I have seen, it does look like there was a second gunman, but beyond that the other theory's about who it was seem like rubbish to me. I don't know how anyone could buy Mr. Stone's theory that LBJ had him murdered.

I have read the Drain theory. Interesting one at that.

MIT analysis on the accidental recording by the Dallas police indicated that there was indeed another gun fired. This was presented to the Church Committee in 1978 if I am not mistaken.

LBJ....nah he did not do it...but he knew who did it.

Alltogehter I agree with the Jim Garrison version as well.

Has anyone read the book of the doctor who helped at the operation in Dallas Parkland Memorial Hospital... what was his name...Crenshaw, Charles A.

Johnson knew it, Jackie Kennedy knew it as well.

Nixon knew it too!!!

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
Alltogehter I agree with the Jim Garrison version as well.

Has anyone read the book of the doctor who helped at the operation in Dallas Parkland Memorial Hospital... what was his name...Crenshaw, Charles A.

Johnson knew it, Jackie Kennedy knew it as well.

And until the Watergate tapes are fully released....

I believe tricky Dick knew it!

The best and most meticulously researched book on the assassination is Case Closed by Gerald Posner, and he makes an excellent case for the lone gunman theory. Having said that, my mind is still fairly open as to what happened, not that it matters anymore, just fun to debate...

Current Book

The book I am currently reading links a few former aquantences of George HW Bush, with L. H. Oswald.

Now this freaks me out!!!!!!!!!!

No, I don't think he acted alone. Magic bullet theory in itself sheds doubt on that theory. There was at least a second gunman that got off the hook. See Oliver Stone's "JFK.

brettig said:
The best and most meticulously researched book on the assassination is Case Closed by Gerald Posner, and he makes an excellent case for the lone gunman theory. Having said that, my mind is still fairly open as to what happened, not that it matters anymore, just fun to debate...

This unfortunately is one that I have not read. I will have to read it this summer. I do not think I can ever buy the "lone gunman" "magic bullet" theory.

Danospano said:
No, I don't think he acted alone. Magic bullet theory in itself sheds doubt on that theory. There was at least a second gunman that got off the hook. See Oliver Stone's "JFK.

While I appreciate Oliver Stone's movie and what he attempted to do with it.....but there are many other good books about the murder.

Mark Lane comes to mind. He defended Liberty Lobby against E. Howard Hunt. Hunt was suing them for saying he was in Dallas on the day of the murder. Hunt lost when another CIA employee testified under oath that Hunt met with Jack Ruby just before Kennedy was assassinated.

E. Howard Hunt and Frank Sturgis and Felix Rodriguez all of Watergate Fame, are linked together for this crime and for in their involvement in the training of Cubans for the Bay of Pigs invasion.

Finally, during Iran Contra Frank Sturgis was involved with a phone call to Vice-President Bush when the famous plane carrying the weapons to the contras went down.

One last thing that I found possibly linking Bush to the Bay of Pigs, that I confirmed at the archives in the Kennedy Library was the code name for the Bay of Pigs was "Operation Zapata". Two of the ships that carried the Cubans during the failed mission were "Barbara" and "Houston". Bush's oil drilling company was named Zapata and was based in Houston. We know his wifes name.

Food for thought.

Peace to all.........

Dreadsox said:

One last thing that I found possibly linking Bush to the Bay of Pigs, that I confirmed at the archives in the Kennedy Library was the code name for the Bay of Pigs was "Operation Zapata". Two of the ships that carried the Cubans during the failed mission were "Barbara" and "Houston". Bush's oil drilling company was named Zapata and was based in Houston. We know his wifes name.

Food for thought.

Peace to all.........

In my opinion thats pure coincidence. Bush wasn?t, ok, he maybe was born by then, but he didn?t play an important role in politics yet, did he?

In my opinion thats pure coincidence. Bush wasn?t, ok, he maybe was born by then, but he didn?t play an important role in politics yet, did he?

Here is a portion of the timeline of former President Bush:

CIA operative George Herbert Walker Bush founds Zapata Petroleum in Texas. Its subsidiary, Zapata Offshore is used as a CIA front. Initiating his career-long foray into Latin American shadow politics, Bush establishes ties with CIA operative and narco-trafficker Manuel Noriega of Panama (later its dictator).

1960-1961
Bay of Pigs. Bush and fellow CIA operative Felix Rodriguez organize and train Cuban exiles in Florida and across the Gulf region for an invasion of Cuba, and the assassination of Fidel Castro, with assistance from elements of the Mafia (based in Florida).

President John F. Kennedy pulls the plug on the operation, infuriating the Cubans, the CIA, the mob, and Bush. Maybe that's why they had him killed?

JFK is assassinated in Dallas. The involvement of Cubans, CIA operatives in Florida (Felix Rodriguez), and the questionable activities of Bush, Richard Nixon, Texas oil moguls and Texas politicians during the period, are detailed by numerous assassination researchers. J. Edgar Hoover interviews a "George Bush of the CIA" regarding "anti-Castro exile reaction" to the murder.

1968-1973
With Richard Nixon in the White House, Antonin Scalia in charge of the White House communications office, and George H.W. Bush heading the Republican National Committee, the Republicans maintain close ties to right-wing Florida Cubans.

*Bebe Rebozo, a prominent Florida Cuban with intelligence ties, is a close friend of Nixon. In 1971, journalist Ken Collier calls on Nixon to investigate 1970 Florida election fraud by Republicans. Scalia persuades Nixon to remain silent, Collier alleges.

The Watergate Break-In is conducted by anti-Castro Cubans and CIA agents tied to the Bay of Pigs: Rodriguez, Bernard Barker (former Cuban secret police), Frank Sturgis, E. Howard Hunt, and Eugenio Rolando Martinez. Nixon tapes reveal that the objective is to hide evidence regarding "Dallas" and "the Bay of Pigs thing." Bush assists Nixon in the coverup, and the stonewalling of the Congress.

Remember the tape of Nixon ranting about "firing everyone... except Bush"? Nixon said (it's on tape, Conservative Boys and Girls) "He'll do anything for The Cause."

Remember?

CIA Director George H.W. Bush stonewalls Congress regarding the aerial bombing of a Cubana Airline jet and a car bomb slaying of a Chilean diplomat.

*Anti-Castro Cubans are arrested, including Luis Carriles. Carriles' immediate superior is Felix Rodriguez (who boasts to have assassinated Che Guevara).

*During the Bush CIA years, the loyal Rodriguez is involved with the Phoenix program, Air America, and heroin smuggling in Southeast Asia.

*Bush writes internal CIA memo asking to see cable on Jack Ruby visiting Santos Trafficante in jail. In 1992, Bush will deny any interest in the JFK assassination while CIA head.

1981 Reagan-Bush inaugurated.

SEC filings for Zapata Oil for 1960-66 are found to have been "inadvertently destroyed."

1982-1986
Iran-Contra. With Vice President Bush "in the loop" with CIA Director William Casey and other members of the Reagan "firewall," Felix Rodriguez coordinates the contra resupply program in El Salvador under Oliver North.

*In Senate testimony, Rodriguez alleges to have passed ten million dollars to the contras from the Colombian Medellin cocaine cartel.

Last edited:
Oh - oh...:eek: :hmm:

What is troubling to me are the names Felix Rodriguez and E. Howard Hunt. Hunt lost a law suit against a magazine which published an article saying he was in Dallas the day of the murder. The lawyer for the magazine, Mark Lane detailed this trial in his book "Plausible Denial".

Both of these men were working together on the Bay of Pigs operation, both of these men were hevily involved in Watergate.

On the Nixon Tapes, Nixon is quoted as saying the the one person they can trust is George Bush. He is constantly worried about this "Bat of Pigs" thing blowing up in their face.

Many People think this was code for the "Kennedy Assasination".

brettig said:

The Posner Book just arrived via Amazon. I am looking forward to reading another perspective. Thanks for the tip.

brettig said:

I have recently finished this book on your advice. It was very well written, and totally fills in many things about Oswald that I was not aware of. He theory about Jack Ruby is very weak in my opinion.

Thanks for the good read!

Peace

Lone Gunman?

:drool:

Suuuuuuuuuuuure it was a "lone gunman", and he had a bag of Magic friggin' bullets!! I'm certain Mr. Oswald's statement, "I'm a patsy, I'm a patsy!" was completely uninspired right before he lost his life.

I really think that Kmart sold those magic bullets at one time. :huh:

Whoa...so many of you have mentioned Oliver Stone's JFL, it's scary.

Keep in mind that that was a Hollywood Film. Many of the facts were changed, overexposed, some made up. It's acting. Not to say that it's all false. It is based upon historical fact, but you can't watch one movie and make up your mind.

I myself believe that there were multiple gunman. The several bullet shots confirm this. There is absolutely no way that one or two bullets could have killed JFK and wounded the senator sitting in the front seat.

BTW--Jim Garrison himself was once treated for hallucinations, or some other psychological disorder ...

I do also think that Oswald was killed as his trial may have proven him innocent, thus, pointing figures at other people.

And I believe the CIA was involved. JFK WAS trying to splinter the CIA into smaller portions, thus diminishing their power. However, there are documents that are sealed in US vaults that will not be released until 2052 (I think), after all those involved are dead. I guess we'll see then. I doubt strongly however, theat these documents will point fingers at the uS government. Can you imagine the chaos? The US government kills its own president....power corrupt. The nation divides. I say we're better off NOT knowing.

Let's all play patsy.

I don't think he acted at all....

Wow! This subject has held my interest for many years, and I've read and viewed as much as I can about the subject. I don't buy Posner's song and dance. He gives you lots of interesting facts to support his position, but ignores a few major pieces that point to a conspiracy.

One of the more interesting facts that doesn't get too much mention was that the parade route was changed at the last minute to go past the book depository and thru Dealy Plaza. A map of the original route was run in the Dallas morning papers the day of the assassination. The angry lone nut theory gets completely wiped out when you consider that anyone acting alone would not have knowledge of the switch, and therefore, would not have positioned themselves where they did. (Unless, of course,they were tipped off by the secret service, FBI, or the CIA.)

Stone's JFK is a blend of history and hollywood, but the most important part of the movie is Donald Sutherland's "Man X". Man X is a fictional character created by Stone, and did not meet Garrison on the steps of the Lincoln memorial. However, the information he gives comes from an interview Stone had with a man named Fletcher Prouty. Mr. Prouty was in the military, invovled in special ops. It is his contention(and Stone's) that an alliance consisting of factions within the CIA, FBI, and major defense contractors were involved in the conspiracy. I am currently reading Prouty's book, JFK: The Cia, Vietnam, and the Plot to Assassinate John F. Kennedy. He has also put out another book I hope to read, The Secret Team: The CIA and Its Allies in Control of the United States and the World.

In 1963, Kennedy was about to pull the plug on our actions in southeast asia. Defense contracters stood to lose billions of $. JFK had already severly pissed off the CIA by taking away their roll in special ops, re-assigning the job to the Joint Cheifs. He always had an enemy in J. Edgar Hoover. One day all of the above got together and decided to get rid of the guy.

Hello, my name is joyfulgirl and I am addicted to conspiracy theories...

and therefore can never be trusted to have an objective opinion on these matters. :huh:

I don't think Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. There's way too much evidence to the contrary. However, I don't believe the conspiracy was as massive as Jim Garrison claimed. I think the truth probably lies somewhere between the lone gunman theory and the Garrison version.

Clark W. Griswold said:

Stone's JFK is a blend of history and hollywood, but the most important part of the movie is Donald Sutherland's "Man X". Man X is a fictional character created by Stone, and did not meet Garrison on the steps of the Lincoln memorial. However, the information he gives comes from an interview Stone had with a man named Fletcher Prouty. Mr. Prouty was in the military, invovled in special ops. It is his contention(and Stone's) that an alliance consisting of factions within the CIA, FBI, and major defense contractors were involved in the conspiracy. I am currently reading Prouty's book, JFK: The Cia, Vietnam, and the Plot to Assassinate John F. Kennedy. He has also put out another book I hope to read, The Secret Team: The CIA and Its Allies in Control of the United States and the World.

In 1963, Kennedy was about to pull the plug on our actions in southeast asia. Defense contracters stood to lose billions of $. JFK had already severly pissed off the CIA by taking away their roll in special ops, re-assigning the job to the Joint Cheifs. He always had an enemy in J. Edgar Hoover. One day all of the above got together and decided to get rid of the guy.

After reading several books on the subject, the Mr. X and and defense contractor involvement was something I came away with from the movie. Thanks, I'll check out Prouty's book.

I believe he acted alone. Or at least was the only shooter.

There were numerous witnesses interviewed THAT AFTERNOON that place a white male in the 6th floor window firing a rifle. Come on, that is pretty heavy evidence!

Yes, there were many who placed a white male on the sixth floor.

What is very interesting to me, is Marina Oswald testified that her husband had made an assasination attempt against extreme right wing General Edwin Walker earlier that year. When he did this he missed due to the bullet nicking a window pane.

The planning, according to Marina, involved detailed maps, and notebook. He also left an envelope with money ect. He basically left this for her in the case he was caught. Marina said after he failed to kill Walker he had taken the evidence and burned it all. The ballistics on the attempt to kill Walker came out a match to Oswalds rifle.

Oswald did not behave in the same manner the day of the Kennedy Assasination. We have a pattern established by his wife, of very detailed and well thought out planning involving Walker, yet none of this left behind on the day Kennedy was killed.

Oswald kills Officer Tippet for no reason at all. This was why he was arrested for the murder of Officer Tippet. Then he walks by the ticket booth and into a theater without paying drawing further attention to himself. It all makes no sense.

I believe he was involved. I do not believe he was alone in it.

I just finished another good book, written by a former Marine Sniper and Homicide Detective. He makes a very good professional analysis of Dealy Plaza and of the 6th Floor of the Book Depository. He loses me later in the book with some of his theories, however, he does make a great case as to where the other three shooters were based on evidence.

I really think it was some of those in the CIA and the joint cheifs who hatched the idea, and then hired lucky luciano to get some of the mob to do it.

the olive said:
I believe he acted alone. Or at least was the only shooter.

There were numerous witnesses interviewed THAT AFTERNOON that place a white male in the 6th floor window firing a rifle. Come on, that is pretty heavy evidence!

And there are even more witnesses claiming to hear shots from behind the fence that separates the plaza from the rail yard. The Warren Commision heard all this and still couldn't figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom