Did Bono go to Iraq with Sean Penn, and if so, do all of you agree with it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amna said:
I hope so... If so, YOU GO BOY!!!!!!

that is so demeaning!

the irish are the negroes of the British Isles.

they have earned a great deal of respect

Sean Penn has already been to iraq, smoking up a storm, and from reports i read just asked Bono to make the trip himself

bono can find many more famous men in CA, anyway.

watch your mouth, or is it covered?

Re: Re: Did Bono go to Iraq with Sean Penn, and if so, do all of you agree with it

DebbieSG said:

that is so demeaning!

Sean Penn has already been to iraq, smoking up a storm, and from reports i read just asked Bono to make the trip himself

you are quite vexxing tonite...how is what she said demeaning? are you joking?

i dont catch on to things quickly, you see. :|

Re: Re: Re: Did Bono go to Iraq with Sean Penn, and if so, do all of you agree with it

Cow of the Seas said:

you are quite vexxing tonite...how is what she said demeaning? are you joking?

i dont catch on to things quickly, you see. :|

boy has many meanings.

they are men now

interpret as you wish, read between the lines, while there is still space...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Did Bono go to Iraq with Sean Penn, and if so, do all of you agree with it

DebbieSG said:

boy has many meanings.

they are men now

Surely no harm was meant by the use of the word "boy"..........

Hmm. Sounded like a figure of speech actually. I can only think of one meaning of the word boy. Unlike "the irish are the negroes of the British Isles." Care to elaborate? I don't feel like reading between any lines.

Methinks he was refering to the position of the Irish in the past when they were pretty much considered to be the lowest level of the white races. The British used them for endentured servants (read: slaves) for a long time. It was all quite horrible. Racism against the Irsish was quite common in England for a long time, and still exists in some areas today.

WHAT THE HELL? HAHAHAHAH, IT'S A FIGURE OF SPEECH WHEN YOU SAY "YOU GO GIRL" OR "YOU GO BOY"..... IT IS A POSITIVE SAYING....

The war on Iraq is frightening and wrong and I think we need a few prominent popular figures to speack up against it?

Girl (debbie), I think u need to check yourself before you wreck youself ..... :p

Re: Re: Did Bono go to Iraq with Sean Penn, and if so, do all of you agree with it

DebbieSG said:

that is so demeaning!

WTF?

You cannot be serious. Please tell me this is a joke.

Can you actually say you believe that Amna was making a racist comment and we should all be offended?

Have we become so damn PC that innocent slang terms need to put under a microscope and examined for hidden racist undertones? Give me a break.

"yyyyyeeeeaaaaahhhhhh bwooooyyyiiiiieeee!!! "

- Flava Flav to a London audience in the 80s.

I seriously doubt any Irish b-boys in the crowd took offense. We all know what secret hip-hop heads those Irish kids are..

:laugh:

I don't suppose my explanation of the objection helped things. I can't see how boy would be offensive to an Irishman. At most, in hte wrong tone of voice it could be offensive to a black person. But Irish. I just thought I'd explain what I surmised the term "negroes of the British Isles" to mean. It does describe a real situation (though not an extensive one any more). I'll throw in my WTF with everyone else and say I never saw that reaction coming.

Screaming Flower said:
dread you should be ashamed of yourself. :tsk:

Spank me.......

I'm a BAAAADDDDDD BOY!

Did I just type that? Ouch, wife just hit me in the head....OWWWWW

Bono's American Wife said:
dread, you're such a naughty boy :shame:

Please....Please.....Don't dial 911

Uh oh...you did it....

Bad Boys Bad Boys
What ya gonna do
What ya gonna do when they come for you.....

AAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhhhhh

I can't wit to relax tonight. It has been a hard hard day. This is now officially my favorite thread ever!

Time to go sit in my

Lay - Z - BOY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom