Der Untergang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This reminds me of the point of Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness -- that in the heart of every man lurks evil and each person decides whether to follow that evil side.

I believe there was a movie a year or so ago called Max, about a friend of Hitler's when they were both involved in the art scene of Germany. Normal guy. But there must have been something that changed that. And we have to fight with ourselves everyday to make sure we don't go on to the "Dark Side" as it were.

I would say this movie sounds like a good warning to society. Look no further than Sudan and the leaders there who have pulled in the janjaween.

The thing about someone choosing to follow their dark side if that they would rarely see themselves that way. All the evidence suggests Hitler saw himself as a force for his nation's salvation. That he was in fact a nihilist probably never occured to the man.

ALEXRUS said:

One of the best (still not perfect :sexywink: ) concise descriptions of what happened in the USSR at the time I've ever heard from a foreigner.

Now that's a compliment. :sexywink: You should fill in the blanks!

Back
Top Bottom