Democrats leave Bono disappointed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dreadsox said:
The question is will Bono's dream of building the ONE Campaign produce voters verses sign ups.

If he gets the sign-ups to be voters....There may be many sad politicians next election.

Only if the sign-ups-turned-voters can be convinced the opponents would do anything better, or care about this more than a plethroa of other things.

80sU2isBest said:

Just enjoying my Christmas season.

I pop in every once in a while to read what's going on, but usually don't post. I've been tempted to several times, and on this one, I succumbed to that temptation. I really shouldn't have, because I've been enjoying not arguing with people. In fact, I'm going to delete the post I made.

Have a great Christmas, everyone!

Hey 80s! Glad to hear you're still around even if only reading but not posting. I'd been thinking about you as I've posted on various threads, wondering "what would 80s say" on this issue (I'm sure you can guess which ones :wink: ) which is a good thing, I suppose, because it means you've managed to avoid pigeonholing!

Still I totally understanding about getting tired of arguing with people. It can be quite wearing, sometimes more so than I realize. I took a break from FYM of about two or three weeks after I went to see U2 in Japan. I was in other forums reveling in my experience (first U2 show and all) and to be honest it was kind of nice to have a break from all the strenuous back and forth. When I came back, it was cautiously. I actually stayed away from the "forgiveness" thread for a few days, because I just didn't want to deal with all the vitriol that I was sure was there. I was pleasantly surprised to find a really pleasant, respectful, and good-natured discussion going on.

Anyway, this is more of a PM (sorry everybody but 80s doesnt' get PMs) but I just wanted to say I'm glad you're around, hope to see your posts every now and again, and Merry Christmas!

maycocksean said:
but I just wanted to say I'm glad you're around, hope to see your posts every now and again, and Merry Christmas!

:yes: I have been anxiously waiting to read your posts for other threads too. Though I understand the need to back away for a bit. Hope you don't stay away forever! Have a Happy Christmas! :)

I was hoping Nancy would not only expedite the money but promise Bono more.

This is defective leadership.

dbs

A temporary and very minor setback in the ongoing project to enhance Paul Hewson's ego and reputation, a project which I hope you all fully endorse and subscribe to.

^^^
Load of horse crap

If he wanted to "enhance his ego and reputation" there are far easier ways to do it...:eyebrow:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom