Dean Losing Ground.....Kerry Surging....Edwards Climbing....3 way Race in Iowa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
[Q]Pollster John Zogby: ?This is officially a 3-way race. Kerry is surging. He actually led the pack on Monday with 25% for the day. Dean had his worst single day with only 18%. Dean leads in the West, with Kerry in 2nd and Gephardt slipping, but Gephardt leads in the Central region of Iowa and the three are tied in the East.

?Kerry now leads among liberals, while moderates belong to Gephardt. The three candidates are bunched together among Democrats. Dean still leads among voters under 50, and Gephardt dominates voters over age 65. But it?s a 3-way race for those 50-64 years old.

?Kerry is challenging Dean for college educated voters, and challenging Gephardt for union votes. The three are tied among men, and the top four (including Edwards) are tied among women.

?This is fascinating. There?s major movement every day in Iowa.?[/Q]

January 11th Poll

Dean at 24 %
Gephardt 21%
Kerry at 21%

Kerry surging....Dean dropped 4%http://zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=779

I'm probably going to vote for Clark. I feel the most confidence in him as a candidate.

But I'll probably end up resigning myself to the "Anyone but Bush" syndrome come the presidential election. Bush is too much of an embarrassment to remain in office; even Dean's feet-in-mouth problem would be an improvement.

Melon

Clark is surging in NH....but Zogby has not made those numbers available yet.

I smell a possible McCain-like upset in NH by Clark. The question is, if Kerry pulls some kind of an upset, what kind of bump will he get in NH, will it hurt Dean and help Clark?

Clark is running well in national Polls.

I will most likely vote for Clark in the primaries here as well.

Well last night Sen. Harkin came out for Dean. Braun quits and endorses Dean. Rob Reiner & Martin Sheen were also on the podium last night. I predict that sews it up for Dean in Iowa.

The more I watch him the more I'm starting to like him. He's hit good universal message about taking Washington back from the special interests.

It was not supposed to be a three was race. Dean has misspoke too many times on too many issue.

*unilateral action (supported it in Bosnia, and in Iraq in 1988)
*secret energy meetings (held them in VT as Governor)
*badmouthed the caucus system
*speaks out against domestic abuse (intervened in personal Security State Troopers Case (SEE ABC NEWS YESTERDAY), records of which are apparently sealed by Dean for the next 15 years)

I think this man is unelectable. I think you would be hard pressed to win with him. He is cannon fodder for Karl Rove.

To top ot off, he cannot sincerely pull off what it would take to win in the south, where Clinton and Gore were able to at least compete in some areas. He is not religious enough and he cannot fake it.

Peace

The Democrats best shot....Wesley Clark and John Kerry

I don't know about the south, but Edwards would be excellent VP material and could pull in the south. Especially the working class white boys with his personal history and message.

While he isn't my first choice (yet) I don't agree that Dean is unelectable. While I'm sure Rove thinks he'll have a field day, I'd say the majority of Dems mainly want Bush out of the White House first and foremost. He is also quite capable of standing up to Rove unlike some other candidates. He also is bringing in new voters to the system and will refine his message over time.

As for the items you listed, there is plenty of ammunition to blast back at the Bush admin.

Really I like a couple of them and would not be adverse to most anyone except Lieberman.

Kerry is leading in Iowa? This is indeed interesting. I think I will vote for Clark in the primaries also, he's doing well and I could definitely vote for him for President in the fall.

Last edited:
should be an interesting few days in Iowa -- not to mention that the poll was completed yesterday so all the braun supporters are gonna mix it up more.

Not sure about the primary but in November I'll be an ABB [anyone but bush].

The reason why Dean is probably the most electable DEMOCRAT is because the polls indicate a majority of democrats were against the war.

However....

According to MSNBC 65% of the electorate supported the WAR. That is the entire electorate, not just the democrats. What a terrible position to be in.

None of them are electable

Kerry, Edwards, Lieberman, Gephardt, Hillary... they all voted for the war in Iraq, they all supported the war in Iraq, and none of them said anything when Clinton was bombing Iraq in 1998.

Clark stood in front of Congress in September 2002 and said UNDER OATH that Saddam was in current retention of chemical and nuclear weapons, and was violating international law. Clark went on to say that the United States had every right to take military action to deal with this violation by Saddam. In April 2003, Clark was praising Bush's handling of the war and said it was the right thing to do.

The majority of Americans support the war in Iraq, and the majority of democrats support the war in Iraq, also evident by the majority of democrat senators voting for the war.

The Dow Jones is up 30% in the past year, the Nasdaq is also up over 30% in the last 12 months, the markets are taking off and going upwards.

As for private interests, Dean was signing deals with Enron up in Vermont, he dropped out of the public financing system just months back so he could take private contributions. Gephardt is just a puppet for the labors and big union money.

Until one of the democrat candidates can stand up at a debate and offer ideas and solutions instead of just personal attacks, scripted one liners, and hateful ranting - they will all continue to lag behind Bush in the national polls.

Kerry momentum....is bringing him higher.....

dean and gephardt now below 20%

Diane L said:
Go Edwards...Go Edwards...!

Yesterday I visited John Edwards' campaign website and signed up to volunteer. I just hope it's not too late for him by the time the NY primary comes up.

I've been following Kerry & Dean's campaigns more closely. I have yet to feel loyal to any candidate. I just watched Edward's commercials and am also visiting his website.

To those following this race, why isn't he top choice?

Edwards has my interest of late as well....

My only question is experience....he has not completed a term in the Senate yet. there is not enough of a record to know exactly who or what he stands for if I am not mistaken.

I think he looks like a great VP....although he has my interest....

Wes Clark again has irked me with his comments on abortion.

Back
Top Bottom