David Hicks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
Full Story

"In fairness if David Hicks has violated a law, an international law, there is no reason why it would not apply in Australia. That's universal jurisdiction, and so he should be tried in his country."

He said there was no reason for Hicks to be tried by the US.

"David Hicks has never injured any US citizen or service member. Why is the US holding him to try him?" Major Mori later told Sydney radio 2UE.

"If he hasn't violated his country's laws, to the country he owes allegiance, if he hasn't violated any of their laws, why is he being criminally held responsible for anything?"

Good question.

I'm betting this is not even news in America.
It's only even news here when there's nothing better/more tragic/sensationalised to talk about.

/cynicism

:hmm:

I don't understand either.
As far as I know he wasn't anything more then a foot soldier as well. I can't see what value he has to the US, and I can't see why he can't be tried/jailed in Australia.

I'll bet you $100 the outcome won't be till after the Australian election. Howard won't want the US handing him a lifetime or death penalty - to be served/zapped in the US - beforehand. It would then be a big, big deal. At the moment I think most people just think he's a dickhead, his father is a dickhead, and they don't really care.

It wouldn't be news in the US, but I think it's amazing the above comes from a US military guy.

Back
Top Bottom