David Blaine - The Endurance Man

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AcrobatMan

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Song of the week "sentimental" by Porcupine Tree
Ok Yesterday I have completed watching 4th episode of David Blaine. Can anyone tell me how he does it. There are some tricks..

but the endurance thing.. Staying inside ice for more than 60 hours, standing on a tall slender structure for 30+ hours, being in a small glass cube for 40(??) days...

How does he do it. I love the fact that he pushes his endurance to the extreme. Well once I had tried staying in my home all alone for 48 hours ( which is not even 0.00000001% of what he does) ...Interacting with no one...That was couple
of years ago ..But after one day...I thought I will try some other day.

The fact that David can do it means we dont extract 100% from our body as well as mind - because he can extract a lot more than that. What if we pushed ourselves to that limit as David Blaine...Would we be more successful in whatever we would do.

You might think David is crazy or nuts..but I seem to admire him a lot with what I have seen of him. The endurance stunts are real. His magic would be tricks - even that I would be interested in knowing how he does ..the levitation..and other stuff.

He is weird..he looks a bit insane..he stares and he speaks slowly but with confidence. And he does some really unbelievable things...

Kind of inspiring !!

David Blaine :up:

- Acrobat

The being by himself for 40 days is easily done if you are introverted. But spending those 40 days in a glass box and exposed to everyone is something only an extrovert could tolerate.

So yeah, a very special individual that one.

LOL. Not without food no. Wasnt he drinking glucose water? I forget.

I thought you were refering to mental isolation with your reference to 48 hours by yourself didnt go so well. Apologies.

beli said:
Wasnt he drinking glucose water? I forget.

No he was not ..but some skeptics thought otherwise...mind you he is not very popular...he is called selfish,egoist, loser...blah blah

But to me, he is really unusual and if he has to inspire people ..he cant do it without showing them.

I really like the man :up:

I am sure we must be having Blaine haters out here :)

Mental Isolation is dealable if you have something to do, that is why solitary confinement is hell - you have no purpose.

isnt it sort of wasting 40 days of his life to prove that point? well, the show probably made money so it shouldnt be a concern.

although i admit it would be an interesting experiment. solitary confinement. the boredom. annoying people below. would be nice if you had a tv and a bed, but no.

I like his magic tricks better than sitting in a block of ice.. that's just nuts :slant:

Back
Top Bottom