danny pearl is dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by sharky:

"The terrorists who say they killed my husband may have taken his life, but they did not take his spirit. Danny is my life. They may have taken my life, but they did not take my spirit.

B]

I just wanted to say that she is a very strong woman, and GOD Bless her.

That is an unbelieveably strong statement, all of it, and she is courageous and shows her true spirit is still alive to be able to make this statement under the circumstances.

She is an inspiration to all
frown.gif

The guy who set-up the kidnapping is behind bars, which is a great thing. However, this piece of trash was behind bars already! He was freed in exchange for a plane load of passengers in a high jacking agreement. Guess what he was behind bars for orginally...yup, kidnapping. So, what do we do with this guy? In my humble opinion, this guy needs the chair and he needs it quick. Juice him up. The longer he's alive and in custody, the more time that gives some of his crazies to plan some kind of terrorist attack to get him out of prison. This guy needs to go to Allah and he needs to go now.

In the darkest hour the soul is replenished and given strength to endure.
--Heart Warrior Chosa

I refuse to accept the end of man...I believe that in the end mankind will not only endure: we will prevail.
--William Faulkner

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

Originally posted by paxetaurora:
I refuse to accept the end of man...I believe that in the end mankind will not only endure: we will prevail.
--William Faulkner

i have that whole speech posted above my desk. and i agree wholeheartedly.

The worst part is that there's a good chance the group who did this will never be caught... but if they are, they'll never get out of this situation in one piece.

as if this hasn't been gut wrenching to begin with, authorities believe copies of the tape may soon be available for sale in Pakistani video shops. They believe the kidnappers made several copies and will try to put them in circulation.

Originally posted by sharky:
as if this hasn't been gut wrenching to begin with, authorities believe copies of the tape may soon be available for sale in Pakistani video shops. They believe the kidnappers made several copies and will try to put them in circulation.

OK.. Now things have changed.. Apparently Connie Chung Has Viewed this Video Tape.. NOW I want to See it... The media has an obligation to to show this to America (It's never stopped them before in releasing man other things).. To help us understand Just who these people are, just how evil they can be, and At least give an example of how Islam.. a religion we are taught in school that has the same god as we.. Who are a Peaceful Religious sect... And who are just Misunderstood by us... The media has an obligation to now show us These people and this act of barbarism that Harks back to the Seventeen Hundreds...

Name One Christian or Jew who recently beheaded one of their Enemies in the name of God?

This just makes me Sick.

L.Unplugged

[This message has been edited by Lemonite (edited 02-28-2002).]

Why is this an Islamicthing. If I recall the group he represents were only asking for the return of sovreignty to Pakistan. The airplanes that they paid the U.S for but never received and that Pakistan prisoners and the Taliban Ambassador to be return and tried in Pakistan.

When someone kills some kills someone in the U.S for example

"not recently but, christian, Jeffrey Dahmer? Jewish, David Berkowitz or Son of Sam"

were the religion of these people attacked as such

Originally posted by nintendan:
Why is this an Islamic thing.

Because Pearl was three things that they hated most.. He was a JEW, He was an American, and he worked for the ultimate journalistic symbol of Cap'ism.. How can you not say that it is at least partly related to religion when they have Pearl's last words on tape being, 'I am a JEw, My Mother is a Jew.'.. God knows that would be the last thing in my mind if I were holding someone captive to sit and make them say 'I am a Southern Baptist, My Father is a Southern Baptist.'

And excuse people if they may jump to characterize other things as an 'islamic' thing.. It's just that the last time a terroristical killing occurred, it was in the name of Allah.. Oops..

L. Unplugged

and that is a new thing? is religion not one of the leading causes of war and conflict? currently it's islam, it used to be Christianity, what will it be next?
please don't give me that BS that islam is the worst religion in terms of sheer barbarism just because the cut off heads. almost all religions had the their fair share of bloodshed "in the name of god", one time or another. just because christianity moved along and became more mainstream, does not change it's bloody and brutal past, and it doesn mean that islam won't move along either.
this is how the world works. human history has been filled with violence.

No one's giving you any BS.. As you choose to write it, about Making claims to be the 'worst' in regards to Barbarism, I'm just pointing out a common misconception at the current moment in the world's education of Islam.. You're missing the point of my original post anyways, Get back on track, or I'll assume you are writing to the Sicilian Goddess, or Olfsaki.

L.Unplugged

Do you suppose maybe we could respect the memory of the dead and argue these issues in a new thread? I know what you're saying isn't meant to be disrespectful, but let's keep this topic as a memoriam to the spirit of Daniel Pearl and debate in a different one.

His death affected some people more than others.

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

Originally posted by Lemonite:
Name One Christian or Jew who recently beheaded one of their Enemies in the name of God?

is this statement not offtrack? danny pearl is dead at the hand of terrorists. does it really matter which corrupt sect of a certain religion they follow? and yes, all religions have corrupt sects.
concentrate on getting the terrorists, not generalising the muslim people.

Originally posted by Lemonite:
To help us understand Just who these people are, just how evil they can be, and At least give an example of how Islam.. a religion we are taught in school that has the same god as we.. Who are a Peaceful Religious sect... And who are just Misunderstood by us...

you surely must be joking. islam being represented well in the media??? i suppose the countless hollywood films about arab- muslim terrorist hijackers are actually a tribute to their martyrdom?
islam has NEVER had a fully positive image, mainly because muslims don't really care about their image because they do not believe that their religion has to sell, they are busy trying to stay true to their faith, not look good on tv on the 700 club. and mainly because the media loves to take the most shocking aspects of it, and show that as solid proof for ratings.
blame the terrorists, not islam. even the US government seems to understand that.

[This message has been edited by CannibalisticArtist (edited 03-02-2002).]

Originally posted by CannibalisticArtist:
[Bblame the terrorists, not islam. even the US government seems to understand that.

[/B]

You've been missing my whole point, I've blamed the terrorists on this board since Day One.. I'm not attacking Islam here, I'm not going to go back and reference all my posts where I've said that these are fundamentalists who twist every word of the Koran.. I'm just saying that there still exist people in this country who don't believe that there are muslims who would kill in the name of their god.. Because it is a Peaceful Religion.

That's all..
L.Unplugged

Back
Top Bottom