Daddy, why did we have to attack Iraq?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha...how perfect.

I notice the neocons are absent from this thread. :shifty:

Melon

Forgot to add....so Cheney could get a foothold into Iraq with Halliburton. And Georgie could show off to his dad. "Look daddy,
I can finish the war you started. Aren't you proud of me?"

I think it's all orchestrated by the house of Saud, think about it:
- By creating instability in Iraq oil supplies in the middle east are threatened and oil price skyrockets, Saudi's make a killing and Bush may suffer for it domestically.
- It excuses them from responsibility in fighting terrorism, if all their Jihadists jump across the border to fight the American crusaders its not in their domain and out of their control.
- The saudi's have a lot of political capital (read oil money) to use in washington and any number of key people could have been swayed to see things their way.

War for oil is an illogical argument, the war costs a shitload of money and lives, it affects Bush's chance for re-election adversely and it would be a lot easier to just ease sanctions with conditions, Saddam is desperate to sell and we wan't to buy: A match made in realpolitikal heaven. Look at the real issue and the truth will present itself, dont believe what anyone tells you until you investigate yourself.

A_Wanderer said:

War for oil is an illogical argument, the war costs a shitload of money and lives, it affects Bush's chance for re-election adversely and it would be a lot easier to just ease sanctions with conditions, Saddam is desperate to sell and we wan't to buy: A match made in realpolitikal heaven. Look at the real issue and the truth will present itself, dont believe what anyone tells you until you investigate yourself.

every war has been happened because the main reason is to have the control and the power over something that brings money, oil brings the shitload of money you're talking about for this life and for the next 100 lives, iraq is the heaven of oil. you're talking about the lifecosts, if a politician really cares just for one life, he never never begins a war, why don't they send they're own sons, why don't they send members of their own families to go and die?? they don't care about people who die, they stay healthy and rich at home, talking like heroes on the tv, kidding around with people feelings, what should we investigate, everything is so clear

We should investigate business links, meetings, agreements, who saw what plan's when, who benefits etc. I do not think that the motivations behind the war in Iraq were as simple as oil imperialism, there are many levels involved and we will not know the truth for at least 40 years.

Back
Top Bottom