Coverage of protests in DC and London

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sparkysgrrrl

War Child
I only read the English one, but I always think its great when you have that many protestors and so few incidents of trouble. Great co-operation by the police.

But a naked protest?
:eyebrow:

Anti-war protests never get fair treatment from the media unfortunately. It was especially amusing that at 4:00pm the BBC claimed 40,000 protestors, and by 4:30 had suddenly changed that to 250,000. Sounds like they realised the demo was so big that nobody who saw pictures would accept the 40,000 figure, it's certainly not plausible that they really thought there were 210,000 more protestors in half an hour.

I thought it was an amazing demo - did anyone else out in Inteference-land attend?

::: is still singing chants from Saturday :::

Yeah, that's what got me, there's PICTURES for christs sake lol
You got to go Fizzing? Lucky lucky!
I have a few friends in London that said it was absolutely amazing and just beautiful. I watched some of the coverage on C-Span here in the states of the rallys in DC but it was nothing compared to what was happening over there, I was just blown aways and so so pleased to see that many people show for the event.

Makes me have hope for humanity once again:yes:

I wanted to attend but was unable to go. I ran out of vacation time and I live across the country. I was really disappointed I couldn't go. Two of my friends from Jubilee LA went though and said it was amazing.

I watched Cspan too. I thought their coverage was pretty good!

Your right, though the news media really didn't televise anything other than the disruption on the first day.

That's all they care about anyway- the media. If there's a disturbance, not the actual protest.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom