Counting Our Blessings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
I think one thing we can all agree on here in FYM is that it's been one hell of a week for news.

--At least 1,000 dead from the stampede in Iraq.

--No end in sight for coalition troops stationed in Iraq or currently being deployed.

--Possibly thousands dead as a result of Hurricane Katrina.

--Survivors of the hurricane are variously homeless, unemployed, sick, hurt, or lost.

Mindful of all the suffering going on, it might be good time for all of us here to share that for which we're thankful in the wake of all the destruction.

I'll start by saying that I am grateful for all my loved ones, their presence in my life, their health...and that I still have a clean, comfortable place to come home to, a job that helps me pay for it, and a car that gets me from place to place.

And also please continue to send good vibes to Verte, in hopes that she and all her loved ones are safe and that she'll be back with us when her power is back on.

I'm thankful for all of my friends and family. :heart: I'm thankful that I have the opportunity to go to university and get a degree and I'm thankful that I found a place to live while studying for my degree and that it looks like I'll be able to keep my part-time job this school year. I'm grateful for the beautiful weather today and for how nice everywhere looked when I was walking around town today. I'm thankful that tomorrow or Saturday I get to go home and see my family and pets.

And I'm thankful for all the things I normally take for granted -- like good health, living in a place which isn't affected by war or unrest, living in a country which provides me with healthcare and education, and many more things.

I'm thankful for friends, my Mother, my dog.. that I can walk, talk, see, hear and all those other things we take for granted. That I don't have to suffer through war, hurricanes, or any of the other horrible things going on.

that I have the necessities and many non-necessities

that God has shown me love and given me so much strength

for the beauty in life-nature, love, hope, good people, and all the other beautiful things that balance out the awful things

that today I made the decision to be happy and it's working so far, that lately I've been able to do that more often

that a really cute guy smiled and nodded at me today, hey sometimes that can make your day :wink:

On my local news they showed electric crews going to Birmingham, I think that's where verte lives..so hopefully she is just w/ out power and otherwise safe and OK

i am grateful for my fiance, our families and friends, our dog, theirs and our health and safety.

everything else leads up to all those things.

thank you.

I'm thankful that all of my friends and family are in good health, or on their way to a full recovery.

I'm thankful that on my next to last day at my current job, I got an offer for another one.

I'm thankful that I've been able to do most of what I've set out to do this year.

I'm thankful for a lot of things today.

deep, I'm at work. I'm using the Internet as a patron. I don't know when I'll be online at home. We don't even have our power back, and cable is probably weeks from being turned on around here. Nevertheless I'm thankful that I'm not in the worst part of the afflicted area, I'm safe and not stuck in a house in New Orleans. Hopefully I'll be back debating with you guys soon from home base.

I'm thankful I have two feet to walk with if gas prices get so bad it becomes my only option. I'm thankful for the cheese and crackers I had for lunch today and my mashed potatoes with fresh chives from my porch. I'm thankful I now live in a city with grass and stars and trees. I'm thankful for the job interview I had yesterday. I'm thankful my health insurance decided to pay my emergency room bill from a couple weeks ago in one swift polite phone call.

I'm thankful for the husband and the family and the fact that we're all healthy right now.

I'm thankful that I have a roof over my head.
I'm thankful that I have food in my house.
I'm thankful I have clothes on my back.
I'm thankfrul that I have water and electricity.
I'm thankful that I have an income.
I'm thankful for friends and famliy who are safe and sound.

As we all stay dry and safe, please, if at all possible, try to do something in the coming days.

I'm not going to post what I'm doing or what I think people should do. Do it privately and prayerfully. Give or do what you can in terms of money and/or time. But if everyone does something, we can start to help the people in the South.

Please.

Amen, Pax, you said it all. The only thing I have to add is:

When I was hungry, you gave me to eat
When I was thirsty, you gave me to drink.
Now enter into the home of my Father.

Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers,
that you do unto me.

MrsSpringsteen

great thread :up:

I suppose I a most thankful for free will.
We can all choose how to act.

We can choose....

I'm thankful that none of my family is in the disaster zone.

I'm thankful that two of my family members have moved out of Florida.

Sorry, but I've been watching the news and right this second those are the things I'm most thankful for. I've got family scattered all over the place and it's just luck that none of them were in the disaster zone.

I am thankful for the opportunity to go to college
I am thankful for my home
I am thankful for for my familly
I am thankful for my friends
I am thankful for the taquitos I just ate and the coke I just drank
I am thankful for the opportunity to ride horses
I am thankful for hot baths

I will keep everyone in Iraq and New Orleans in my prayers:heart:.

In no particular order, I'm thankful...

-that the place I'm living in is dry and comfortable, and that I have a roof over my head.
-that my family is here and safe and healthy.
-that I'm safe and here and healthy.
-that we have food and clothing and water.
-that it seems the northwestern part of Mississippi is relatively okay compared to the southern part, and the northwestern area's where an aunt lives, so my guess is she's all right.
-that I'm getting on well in school, and that the most likely thing to disrupt my school year would be snow, not a hurricane.
-that the power is working in our home.
-that there are people out there who are doing random acts of kindness, be it for Katrina victims or for anyone else, and even if it's something as simple as holding open a door for a person or giving them a smile as you pass them in the hall. Thank you all. We need you. And we appreciate what you do.
-for good music to get me through the stress of the day.
-for my ability to be able to feel things strongly, and to be allowed to express said feelings.
-for the nice weather we tend to have here overall.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom