Coulter Attacks 9/11 Widows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
I know, she's a freak and who cares and all that-but seriously, how dare she. Her book comes out today, some birdcage fodder about liberals being Godless evil creatures. She's some sort of satire of a human being I suppose, but how does she sleep at night saying things like that? Does she even have a conscience? If I was at all into book burning all of hers would be the books I'd burn.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/06/06.html#a8602

"Even her idiotic writing stunned Lauer. The last time she was on the show he treated her as a normal person. (Check out this video.) I would hope that stops, but NBC and the rest of cable news constantly give her a platform to rant on. When will that end? I think this is the first time Matt actually read anything she wrote. Her new book is called "Godless," but I'd say she's the one with no soul."

LAUER: On the 9-11 widows, an in particular a group that had been critical of the administration:

"These self-obsessed women seem genuinely unaware that 9-11 was an attack on our nation and acted like as if the terrorist attack only happened to them. They believe the entire country was required to marinate in their exquisite personal agony. Apparently, denouncing bush was part of the closure process." And this part is the part I really need to talk to you about: "These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by griefparrazies.I have never seen people enjoying their husband’s death so much ." Because they dare to speak out?

COULTER: To speak out using the fact they are widows. This is the left's doctrine of infallibility. If they have a point to make about the 9-11 commission, about how to fight the war on terrorism, how about sending in somebody we are allowed to respond to. No-No-No. We have to respond to someone who had a family member die. Because then if we respond, oh you are questioning their authenticity.

LAUER: So grieve but grieve quietly?

COULTER: Oh no, no, no, no, no. They were cutting commercials for Kerry. They were using their grief to make a political point while preventing anyone from responding.

LAUER: So if you lose a husband, you no longer have the right to have a political point of view?

LAUER: What I'm saying is I don't think they have ever told you, you can't respond.

COULTER: Look, you are getting testy with me.

Hahaha she's BRUTAL.

I don't doubt there are widows and other survivors who use their status shamelessly to their advantage in various ways (anyone here watch Denis Leary's firefighter show?) but to be attacked so viciously reflects more on those that agree with this wacko and buy her books. Bestsellers, yes?

If I were Matt Lauer I would have been desperate for the return of Tom Cruise insulting my intelligence and calling me glib. Then I would have dunked Ann's head in a boiling pot of something :wink:

Yeah her book makes a great Dad's day gift-share the love!

It is entertaining to read some of the comments on huffingtonpost

"As someone who has never lost a loved one to war or a terrorist attack, Ann Coulter is supremely qualified to speak about the issues. Her complete detachment from human emotion affords her a virtual throne of objectivity. There is no one more objective than Ann Coulter, and all those annoying 9-11 widows and gold star mothers should just fork out $25 for Ann's book so that they too might glean some insight as to what they should say and do, and how they should express their grief. If they don't, Ann Coulter is ready and willing to denounce them.

Why DON'T these grievers just shut the fuck up? Ann is only trying to help them, in all of her benevolence."

"Something tragic must have happened in Ann Coulter's privieged past to make her as angry and venom filled as she is?
What do you suppose it was? Losing Prom Queen? Not being invited to Buffy's Homecoming party? Losing her bid for president of the Young Republican's Club? Mommy and Dada sold the Boca house? Their Connecticut Country Club changed pool rules to exclude Coulter bikini?
Poor, poor, poor Ann - what a tough childhood it must have been. No wonder she sees things so clearly and cleanly about other people's tragic woes and has such a sharp and compassionate eye for the details of what's wrong with America and Americans.
Thanks for clarification on the 9/11 widows, Annie. See you in church."

Last edited:
I wonder what she thinks of some Republicans exploiting 9/11 and 9/11 victims and using it to justify just about anything. Waiting, waiting, waiting..tick tock

Kathy Griffin was on Today after Ann, they have video at Crooks And Liars. They should have hired Ann Coulter to replace Katie on the Today Show, Al Roker would probably weigh 300 already.

(rough transcript)

Kathy: I'd like to go after Ann Coulter, I saw that nut-bag on the show earlier. What's she doing wearing a cocktail dress at seven in the morning? She got home from the party last night. Doesn't she just make stuff up Al? Who fact checks? You can't just let Ann Coulter..

http://daoureportgrit.blogspot.com/2006/06/matt-lauer-debates-ann-coulter-loses.html

Matt Lauer Debates Ann Coulter, Loses

There are two reason Lauer lost the debate with Coulter over her stomach-churning statement about the 9/11 widows. First, as I argued recently, the mere granting of a platform to someone as obviously disturbed as Coulter is already a stain on the media outlet:

"When Coulter is invited to spout her putrescence on Larry King Live, the legitimacy granted to her is CNN's fault, not Coulter's. After all, there's no shortage of desperate attention seekers willing to say and do outlandish things to get noticed. The question is, why does CNN grant an open forum to this particular whack-job and not others?"

Second, Lauer failed to stay focused on Coulter's words: "I have never seen people enjoying their husbands’ death so much." Lauer should have said the following:

"There are two possible explanations for your statement. Either you believe it, in which case you're deranged. You don't believe it but said it for shock value, in which case you don't belong within a thousand miles of this network. Choose one."

Last edited:
hate her! :mad: :mad: :mad:

larry%20ann.jpg

Lauer handled the maniac well - he wouldn't let her spew too much venom before he shut her up. the fact that he refrained from snapping her neck - and he looked like he wanted to - makes me admire him all the more.
You gotta have a cool head when dealing with Mini Schessingers like her.
ETA: Lila! :lmao:

Can she please enlist and go to Basra or someplace so we don't have to see or hear her? Since she loves this war so much and all.

I blame the media for giving her an outlet to spew this nonsense. Disgusting.

Weren't people who went around spouting the kind of crap she spouts once shunned in polite society rather than being invited to speak on national TV shows? Or am I just imagining that?

tiny dancer said:
She's one vicious lady.:down:

I dare say...she's certainly no lady. Female, maybe, but probably part Robot/Cyborg Evil Take over the Universe kind of creature.

She is just thumping the raw nerves we expose.

The topic she touched on this article is actually one we've debated - with different names.

Another book review.....great.

Whatever happened this past week in Somalia and East Timor....just for starters?
Why no posts about these items........because no one has written a book yet about them I guess. Oh, I suppose I could start a thread but it would probably go no where because it's not newsworthy enough!!!!

BTW....did she mention anything about U2 or Bono......??

:|

martha said:
But seriously. Who is she and why do we have to have her on TV?

She is an entertainer. She's on TV because her books sell well. She has made a career, a very successful one, out of saying bombastic and shocking things she may or may not actually believe because they make her money. The problem is not so much Ann Coulter as it is the American public who buys into her nonsense. After all, as someone on this thread pointed out already there are tons of whackos looking for attention by saying and doing shocking things. Only the whackos who make the bestseller list get invited to be on TV.

I've often bemoaned the degeneration of American politics into spectator sport, but the truth is politics in this country has long been a spectator sport, and in fact it used to be a lot more ugly and brutal then it is now. Demagoguery and hate mongering are nothing new--they've been around since this country was founded. And in some ways the political rows have gotten a little safer--after all Alexander Hamilton was killed in duel and Charles Sumner, a Massachusetts senator was beaten senseless by Preston Brooks, a Southerner, on the Senate floor.

When was the last time anything like that happened in recent years?

Good points, maycocksean.

I find it ironic that Coulter's complaints about 9/11 widows who blame Bush are above reproach are savaged by those here who believe that 9/11 widows are above reproach.

She would love this thread.

Re: reply

wizard2c said:
Another book review.....great.

Whatever happened this past week in Somalia and East Timor....just for starters?
Why no posts about these items........because no one has written a book yet about them I guess. Oh, I suppose I could start a thread but it would probably go no where because it's not newsworthy enough!!!!

BTW....did she mention anything about U2 or Bono......??

:|

It's a little unwizardy to not post your threads and then point your wand at others for not doing your work for you. As a wizard, you should know you can change direction at any time.:wink: The thread topic belongs to the thread starter.
The responses may not be in your control, but bringing up the topic is.

Even if her views weren't so upsetting, listening to her voice is like chewing on broken glass. American womanood at it's very worst.

4U2Play said:

I find it ironic that Coulter's complaints about 9/11 widows who blame Bush are above reproach are savaged by those here who believe that 9/11 widows are above reproach.

I don't think they are above reproach, but they get a bit more leeway based on what they've gone through, and I don't think that's a problem.

Coulter, on the other hand, is a total fake.

4U2Play said:

She would love this thread.

She could get great material from this forum!

Back
Top Bottom