Coulter Attacks 9/11 Widows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cartoonist, who made one up a while back on this very topic

trall020304.gif

In 1992, columnist Christopher Hitchens called Mother Teresa "The Ghoul of Calcutta".

Cunt! Bastard! Media whore! Fake! Ridiculous! Evil! Dog shit bird brain!

God I hate this country and its stupid people.

Ted Ralls can burn in hell, too

Respect is a big word........it goes a long way. Too bad Mankind hasn't learned the word yet.

Now we have the UN and the U.S. name-calling...........perhaps the Children of the World should start taking over........................the Furbys are now International as well....and they can talk with each other logically.

I'm so disgusted that it's disguisting. Or has some unknown IT invaded the world. Or perhaps Sauron in his Tower watch.

What exactly is happening to this World????

:|

PS: Don't bother answering this post because it does not exist. I look at my private message board for the past several years now........and it reads "zero".
Well I'm not a zero.....I, like many others, have ceased posting here at Interference........I believe that is the best route to take.

4U2Play said:
In 1992, columnist Christopher Hitchens called Mother Teresa "The Ghoul of Calcutta".

Cunt! Bastard! Media whore! Fake! Ridiculous! Evil! Dog shit bird brain!

God I hate this country and its stupid people.

Ted Ralls can burn in hell, too
And he makes a very persuasive case about her and the theology behind what she did.

Actually, Ted Rall is a pretty good cartoonist and writer. You should check out more of his stuff before making a snap judgment. Yahoo has published a lot of his opinion articles. I think some of you would agree with what he has to say.

As for Ann Coulter, I almost feel sorry for her. Almost. Someone that hate-filled is just pathetic, really.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

actually, i think her saying this is exactly what's good about america... that we live in a nation where someone can say something so rediculously fucking stupid, and not have to worry about being taken off to a goulag, never to be seen again... even though we all may want that to happen in this case.

Very good point. As soon as we talk about "exceptions" to the freedoms our country grants we start our way down a slippery slope.

Hitler convinced Germans that Jews were the very epitome of evil that would destroy their country if not controlled. I'm just real nervous when we get into that "inhuman, epitome of evil" stuff particular when the issue of censorship might be raised. I'd have to agree that Ann Coulter is pretty sick, but I can never support "shutting her up" or "bashing her face with a frying pan" or any of the other suggestions of violence or silencing mentioned occasionally on this thread.

It's funny to defend ann coulter on those grounds, as her whole schtick is that people who disagree with HER are vermin. Just saying.

It's not really a free country, but it's not too bad, yet. I'd rather see someone vigorously take her on. Which isn't the same thing as silencing her. She is laughably insane, but somehow I don't think she's joking.

Kieran McConville said:
I'd rather see someone vigorously take her on.

Not that I know jack about the situation, but wouldn't people who take her on be labled anti-American these days? It looks like she's got some conservative friends, and we know how those folks can twist things to make it sound like if you disagree with them, you're a terrorist sympathizer.

Of course, our "liberal media" is completely without any balls at all, so if they start ignoring her, they'll be accused of all sorts of interesting things.

Since Rosie O'Donnell is challenging Naomi Campbell to a fight, perhaps she could challenge Coulter as well....seems she needs her ass kicked too..... :D

MsGiggles said:
Since Rosie O'Donnell is challenging Naomi Campbell to a fight, perhaps she could challenge Coulter as well....seems she needs her ass kicked too..... :D

Now that I would pay to see- Rosie vs Ann Coulter, steel cage match

Then Rosie vs Star Jones :D

I think Bin Laden is easier to find than Ann Coulter's soul is..

Olbermann: Honestly, if you were Ann Coulter's attorney at a sanity hearing where could you possibly start? Our #2 story on the Countdown, eclipsing even Bill O'Reilly and Malmedy, the Connecticut Screech has continued her assault on 9/11 widows. After calling them "witches who acted as if the terrorist attacks happened only to them" she has now told Reuters news that they are, quote, "professional victims." All as part of the promotion of a book in which she claims *liberals* are, quote, "godless."

[Today Show interview tape]

Let's return to *this* planet. To recap Coulter's argument: The wives of those who died in the worst attack in this nation's history enjoyed their husband's deaths and profited off them, they have politicized 9/11, their positions as widows immunize them from any criticism or debate over their opinions. All of this stated by a commentator much of whose income in the last four and a half years has derived from *her* speeches and writings about the deaths of those same men on 9/11. All this stated by a commentator who has staunchly, repeatedly, and enthusiastically defended an administration that began to politicize 9/11 within a month of the nightmare and has never paused for a moment since. All of this stated by a commentator who has called those who have criticized her and her party "un-American" and now, "godless." All of this stated by a commentator who is bitching that these 9/11 widows can't be criticized while she is writing a book and going on TV and venomously criticizing them.

[Tucker Carlson interview tape, ending with Coulter saying, "these women got paid, they ought to take their money and shut up about it."]

The way Ann Coulter always does when she's criticized.

Ms. Coulter's walk on the swaying tightrope of her own emotional stability did not end there. In her book she also wrote, "And by the way, how do we know their husbands weren't planning to divorce these harpies? Now that their shelf life is dwindling, they'd better hurry up and appear in Playboy..."

Appearing in Playboy and getting divorced -- neither of those being scenarios that Ann Coulter is ever going to have to deal with in *her* life.

Five of the most politically active 9/11 widows, including Kristen Breitweiser and Lorie Van Auken, have responded in a written statement.

[Statement shown]

And lastly, back to my allusion about having to defend Ann Coulter in a sanity hearing, that was inappropriate -- because it was insufficient. Imagine, in fact, defending her on Judgment Day -- and trying to find her soul.

A_Wanderer said:
And he makes a very persuasive case about her and the theology behind what she did.

he does.

and Penn and Teller -- of "Bullshit!" fame on Showtime -- went after her as well.

and they went after Ghandi for being a huge racist.

Small point:

Coulter was referring to four 9/11 widows in particular, not all of them: Kristen Breitweiser, Lorie Van Auken, Mindy Kleinberg and Patty Casazza.

Seems to have been lost in the fiery overreaction, but I agree, she is the worst criminal on planet earth, along with Hitchens, Penn and Ghandi.

Teller is cool, though, I can't imagine him saying anything offensive to me.

Last edited:
It seems like a lot of people who support Coulter's statement condemned Ward Churchill's statement. I don't see a difference- both were wrong.

4U2Play said:
Seems to have been lost in the fiery overreaction, but I agree, she is the worst criminal on planet earth, along with Hitchens, Penn and Ghandi.

if you're interested, here's one of Hitchens' pieces on MT:

[q]Mommie Dearest
The pope beatifies Mother Teresa, a fanatic, a fundamentalist, and a fraud.
By Christopher Hitchens
Posted Monday, Oct. 20, 2003, at 4:04 PM ET

Mother Teresa: No saint

I think it was Macaulay who said that the Roman Catholic Church deserved great credit for, and owed its longevity to, its ability to handle and contain fanaticism. This rather oblique compliment belongs to a more serious age. What is so striking about the "beatification" of the woman who styled herself "Mother" Teresa is the abject surrender, on the part of the church, to the forces of showbiz, superstition, and populism.

http://www.slate.com/id/2090083/

[/q]

Thanks for that, Irvine, I always read Hitchen's stuff on Slate and in The Atlantic magazine, very provocative.

People like him and Coulter are media geniuses, I think.

They know exactly what they are saying, and they know exactly how the public will respond.

People love to think of themselves as morally superior to everyone else, so whenever Coulter or Hitchens lash out at sacred cows like Mother Teresa and the four 9/11 widows from New Jersey, the great unwashed masses love to jump up and down screaming about how evil they are and how dare they, etc., which allows them to feel good about their moral outrage while continuing to ignore real outrages like the genocide in Darfur (see how many people here responded to my previous threads regarding Sudan compared to this thread).

Predictable stuff.

Now, everyone in the English-speaking world knows who Ann Coulter is. She used to be one of those right-wing hacks polluting Fox News every night, now she's been given the power to offend millions around the globe.

Hitchens must be insanely jealous.

Chris will probably go after Mandela (Marxist) and baby harp seals (smelly) next.

Last edited:
wow -- i really can't agree with the comparison between Hitchens and Coulter.

Hitchens has been a public intellectual for a long, long time whereas Coulter seems to have been born rich and blond and skinny and went to Cornell law school.

i think Hitchens has a "schtick" -- the drunken British pundit who lives in the US -- but i don't think the two of them are at all intellectually comparable.

4U2Play said:
the great unwashed masses love to jump and down screaming about how evil they are and how dare they, etc., which allows them to feel good about their moral outrage while continuing to ignore real outrages like the genocide in Darfur

Very insightful - an ever growing aspect of public discourse these days.

Irvine,

Maybe not, but they both know how to garner media attention.

That was the point. And that takes a certain cunning, no?

Coulter is given 7 minutes of air time on NBC for calling someone names, while RFK, Jr. is given 30 seconds of air time despite having something very important to talk about (the vote in Ohio).

Notice Coulter isn't backing down from her writings? She was on TV today calling the 9/11 widows "witches and harpies". Brilliant.

Guess whose name will appear on this list soon:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/11/books/bestseller/0611besthardnonfiction.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Last edited:
nbcrusader said:
Very insightful - an ever growing aspect of public discourse these days.

Yes, but you can't blame us. We are all so busy with our own little lives, our own little outrages.

Real outrages like Darfur are far too big, far too distant to wrap our heads around. What does Sudan have to do with us?

It's much easier for me to turn on the TV, watch loudmouths like Ann Coulter call someone a "witch", and proceed to get my knickers in twist for a few days.

I can then get on the internet and engage in my daily "Two Minutes Hate" session, then get on with my busy schedule.

Irvine511 said:

whereas Coulter seems to have been born rich and blond and skinny and went to Cornell law school.

As if she'd subject herself to the horrors of the librul Ivy league!

Cow went to Michigan.

4U2Play said:

Yes, but you can't blame us. We are all so busy with our own little lives, our own little outrages.

Real outrages like Darfur are far too big, far too distant to wrap our heads around. What does Sudan have to do with us?

It's much easier for me to turn on the TV, watch loudmouths like Ann Coulter call someone a "witch", and proceed to get my knickers in twist for a few days.

I can then get on the internet and engage in my daily "Two Minutes Hate" session, then get on with my busy schedule.

Busy with our own lives, and many have no idea where Darfur is on a map.

Back
Top Bottom