cool down...take a deep breathe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
ok...in this thread I will not allow replys greater than 10 lines, no excessive quoting, and no disagreeing.

seriously though, I used to love coming here now I just get more frustrated than not. It's becoming tense, bordeline pretensious and conflicts are rife.

lets just cool down

Here's a nice personal view point you can all criticise me on:

I actually beleive Ice cream should be banned and children forced to eat old gruel.

What a timely thread. :yes:

bassy, if you want people to cool down though, don't you think that banning ice-cream would be counterproductive? Perhaps we should feed it to them instead and watch the temperatures drop. :D

mmmm cold gruel. *licks lips*

I'll breathe your face

Sicy said:
You spelled breath wrong.

well...thanks for pointing that out :madspit:

By the way, could it not make sense being "breathe"
I'm going to take a nice deep breathe

*is grasping for straws*

IO will eventually take over all u2feedback

good
this IS free your mind after all!!

playboy mansion

love coming dow n

let's go ooon

there will be no time for sorrows

i know , i got to believe :lemon: :lemon: :lemon:

I think I know of a good compromise for the ice-cream gruel problem. Some want ice-cream, others want gruel. How about gruel-flavoured ice-cream, or ice-cream-flavoured gruel?

You forgot to say its official

I had an m&m ice cream sandwich for dessert not desert

here, i got this for you

Basstrap said:
*is grasping for straws*

straws.jpg

I think icecream should be banned full stop because I hate it.

Go on, disagree with me :madspit:

Back in my day.........we had to walk 6 miles in bare feet through the snow to get to school where we were fed old gruel. It was a luxury. That is why I hate icecream too, the snow. bah.
Kids are spoiled these days.
:mad:

I :heart: Ice Cream but prefer ice lollies :drool:

Angela have you got that t-shirt thats your avatar- im getting it from u2.com

foray said:
Haha, Angie, did you ever see the Monty Python sketch about old men bragging about how hard it was in their day? :D

yarof

hehe unfortunately not Fors, that is just me inadvertantly ripping someone off again. I have it on good authority that the Monty Python vids are good though so I will have to borrow my dad's I think.

Hey Lara, was this avatar image on the Irish shirts? Or just American? I have one similar, from Zoo, but its got a couple of different drawings. The astronaut dude, a tv and something else. Its fantastic, and I reckon this avatar image would look just as great, if not better. We dont get a great variety of concert shirts here I dont think lol.

No they sell it on u2.com it says Achtung Baby accross the back and its very cute..i have an elevation one with 3 pics on the front the ATYCLB suitcase, BD pic and Elevation pic with the big scribbly heart on the back with tour dates and this looks pretty much the same.....my dad purchased one last week and its being shipped out so im hoping to get it soon- how long does a parcel take to get from America to Ireland??? Im v.excited- im getting 2 parcels this weeek hopefully :D

Ooh! I'd be excited too hehehe it will make a great shirt! I wish I could trust internet purchasing. Actually, Im glad I dont trust it, cos I wouldn't trust myself. I'd spend too much money on stuff....but damn that will make a nice shirt!!!

I'd guess it would take about 2 weeks to get to Ireland???? Shouldn't be too long I wouldn't think....

:)

dark side of the moon

pinkflow (ok that's too funny to fix my spelling mistake :lol: ) - all ur pop lyrics quotes make me laf and giggle

thx!! :happy: :wink:

pinkfloyd said:
playboy mansion

love coming dow n

let's go ooon

there will be no time for sorrows

i know , i got to believe :lemon: :lemon: :lemon:

Four well-dressed men sitting together at a vacation resort. "Farewell to Thee" being played in the background on Hawaiian guitar

Michael Palin: Ahh.. Very passable, this, very passable.

Graham Chapman: Nothing like a good glass of Chateau de Chassilier wine, ay Gessiah?

Terry Gilliam: You're right there Obediah.

Eric Idle: Who'd a thought thirty years ago we'd all be sittin' here drinking Chateau de Chassilier wine?

MP: Aye. In them days, we'd a' been glad to have the price of a cup o' tea.

GC: A cup ' COLD tea.

EI: Without milk or sugar.

TG: OR tea!

MP: In a filthy, cracked cup.

EI: We never used to have a cup. We used to have to drink out of a rolled up newspaper.

GC: The best WE could manage was to suck on a piece of damp cloth.

TG: But you know, we were happy in those days, though we were poor.

MP: Aye. BECAUSE we were poor. My old Dad used to say to me, "Money doesn't buy you happiness."

EI: 'E was right. I was happier then and I had NOTHIN'. We used to live in this tiiiny old house, with greaaaaat big holes in the roof.

GC: House? You were lucky to have a HOUSE! We used to live in one room, all hundred and twenty-six of us, no furniture. Half the floor was missing; we were all huddled together in one corner for fear of FALLING!

TG: You were lucky to have a ROOM! *We* used to have to live in a corridor!

MP: Ohhhh we used to DREAM of livin' in a corridor! Woulda' been a palace to us. We used to live in an old water tank on a rubbish tip. We got woken up every morning by having a load of rotting fish dumped all over us! House!? Hmph.

EI: Well when I say "house" it was only a hole in the ground covered by a piece of tarpaulin, but it was a house to US.

GC: We were evicted from *our* hole in the ground; we had to go and live in a lake!

TG: You were lucky to have a LAKE! There were a hundred and sixty of us living in a small shoebox in the middle of the road.

MP: Cardboard box?

TG: Aye.

MP: You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When we got home, out Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt!

GC: Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at three o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of hot gravel, go to work at the mill every day for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would beat us around the head and neck with a broken bottle, if we were LUCKY!

TG: Well we had it tough. We used to have to get up out of the shoebox at twelve o'clock at night, and LICK the road clean with our tongues. We had half a handful of freezing cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at the mill for fourpence every six years, and when we got home, our Dad would slice us in two with a bread knife.

EI: Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad would kill us, and dance about on our graves singing "Hallelujah."

MP: But you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't believe ya'.

ALL: Nope, nope..

BASStrap is the king of rules

we'll see how bad I am at rules when IADP takes full effect

I'll rules you! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom