Consolation.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
I don't know whether to put this in FYM or Zoo Confessionals but the mods can figure it out. Hugs and kisses to all my fellow Kerry supporters. :hug::kiss:
I had kept my composure until I got into my car to drive to school this morning, then I had a breakdown. Tears were rolling down my cheeks and I was sobbing (very dangerous while driving). Most people here at school have been kind and given me hugs, but there are those few who have been jerks. There are no words to describe what I am feeling right now, but my eyes are red and my gut hurts. Well, I guess I should say it. Edwards in 2008!!!!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

By 2008, who knows what damage will have been done...and why would Edwards do any better than Kerry? The American people want Republicans. It makes me sick but it's that simple.

AJ
:sad:

to my decent friends on the left.
i know it's tough right now and the weight of the world seems to be on your shoulders.

it's ok.
you have firiends on the left and many friends on the right who are reaching for you.
not to change you but let you know that we love all people unconditionally.
maybe we do not love your beleifs, but we love you.

it will be alright.
:hug:

db9

I'm doing OK. Of course I'm disappointed, but not shocked. I guess it's the historian in me, f:censored:d up things have been happening for ages. I don't like this development but I don't let the political situation run my life. I'm leaving town today, and going to, of all places, Washington D.C. We did our best, and it wasn't good enough. I have no regrets.

:hug: U2democrat. You must NOT give up hope! You truly are the future girl, you go!!

And at least we know one thing for sure this morning, John Edwards is still hot :wink:

In fact I think the sympathy factor makes him even hotter

Plus now he has more time to work out :wink:

I'm sorry U2democrat, I'm not meaning to make light of your pain at all, just trying in a silly way to cheer you up. :)

It was a good fight.

Sometimes things have to get worse before they get better.

:hug:

joyfulgirl said:
It was a good fight.

Sometimes things have to get worse before they get better.

There is a lot of wisdom in this statement.

A number of conservatives thought the same thing through the Clinton years....

nbcrusader said:

There is a lot of wisdom in this statement.

A number of conservatives thought the same thing through the Clinton years....

Yeah, I sure hated that budget surplus and not spending $87 billion on a war based on false pretenses.
:eyebrow:

Keep yer chin up, U2D. In the great cities of America—New York, Chicago, LA, Philly, Seattle, Denver, Minneapolis, Miami—the centers of art, culture, education and business, where people value diversity, community, expression, and the free exchange of ideas, Kerry/Edwards dominated the vote by an 80 to 20 margin. So you're not alone.

Bush won in the suburbs and in rural America, where the predominant factor ruling their lives is FEAR. Bush sold fear and America bought it. Fear of homosexuality, fear of terrorism, fear of change.

But what can ya do, but keep fighting for truth, justice and what's right in your heart.

:hug: U2dem. Sorry, I'm not a Democrat but I DO support anyone that stands up for what s/he believes in and tries to make a difference. (listen to that Veggie Tales song, "Stand up! Stand up! for what you belieeeeeeeve in!") At least Kerry will have a position in the Senate. It wasn't all for naught! And Kerry won my state even though the west side is full of rich white conservatives!

I'm definitely NOT giving up. If anything, this only drives me even more for future political victories. I'll try to be as strong as I can during the immediate aftermath of this election, but I just feel like I've been run over by a truck.

I appreciate the light hearted Edwards jokes, they make me smile :).

Edwards 2008!!!!

U2 Dem, I feel your pain..
This is the first election I have actually gone to bed crying and got up crying. I'm still trying to figure out why this hit me so hard. I've been through quite a few election morning afters, but this one really hurts...
The one thing that will keep me going is the fact there will be house and senate elections in the near future and it's just as important to have some balance in these branches of govt., as much if not more than who the President is..
Right now however, I'm still totally bummed...:sad:

Oh, I do wish to congradulate all the Bush supporters out there. I would want to be respected for my opinion if the shoe was on the other foot. I know your are just as happy as I am sad.

The bright side is that Bush gets to try to clean up his own mess.

Only one in ten aged 18-25 voted. :down:

Yeah, I feel like I've been hit by a freight train. I'm so glad I'm leaving town today. I'm flying into, of all places, Washington D.C! I don't believe in letting the political situation run my life. I'd rather do that myself. When I get home I may act on the massive poster board purchase for my protest signs. :wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom