Congratulations To All Bush Supporters..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

STING2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
....its one year ago today, November 2, 2004, that your votes and hard work all helped to re-elect President George Bush to another term in office. Many people who had never participated in a political campaign before, got out and volunteered and worked damn hard in the final weeks to insure this victory. Congratualitions to all those volunteers and also everyone who simply voted for the President. The result was that George Bush was the first President since his father in 1988 to win a majority of the popular vote. In addition, the Republicans increased their numbers in both the House and Senate, the first time the party of an incumbent President has succeeded in doing that in nearly half a century!

Popular Vote

George Bush 62,040,610

John Kerry 59,028,439

Electoral Vote

George Bush 286

John Kerry 251

If you believe those numbers you'd believe anything. :|

If it was held to day, Bush would lose, even with the questionable Diebold administered voting process.

Last edited:
Aah, STING, you reminded me of a great night I spent in NY during the Republican Convention last year drinking and arguing with representatives from Texas and Alabama. Nice guys, but they scared the hell out of me!!!

STING2 said:
....its one year ago today, November 2, 2004, that your votes and hard work all helped to re-elect President George Bush to another term in office. Many people who had never participated in a political campaign before, got out and volunteered and worked damn hard in the final weeks to insure this victory. Congratualitions to all those volunteers and also everyone who simply voted for the President. The result was that George Bush was the first President since his father in 1988 to win a majority of the popular vote. In addition, the Republicans increased their numbers in both the House and Senate, the first time the party of an incumbent President has succeeded in doing that in nearly half a century!

Popular Vote

George Bush 62,040,610

John Kerry 59,028,439

Electoral Vote

George Bush 286

John Kerry 251
R.I.P America

timothius said:
This is parody, right?

As far as FYM threads go, it's got to be the equivalent of wandering around a bar, finding the drunkest guys you can and one by one pinching their girlfriends backsides. I reckon 5 more replies in this thread before one of them throws a punch. 5 more posts after that and the police show up. If a mod decides to close this before the all in brawl kicks in, may I request that they refer to it as a "pre emptive strike" and point STING to the Rules of the forum, possibly the most vaguely written rule out of all of them, and if he argues it, just continually quote that rule and give no other explanation?

Okay, well, try and save the thread before it heads into the abyss...

STING (and others) you are congratulating people for getting Bush re-elected, so what from the last 12 months of the Bush administration are you proud of? Just bullet points that are a sentence or so long on each point for ease.

And those who feel the opposite, give us a bullet point list of everything you think he's boned up.

Can we also try and let this go for a couple of pages before we start debating each others points? It would be interesting just to see a few lists before the gloves come off. We all know that is going to happen, just let it run for maybe 24hrs first...

Since that guy took office we've lost two really tall buildings, an ENTIRE city, our world standing, self respect, dignity, Osama Bin Laden, WMDs, human rights and a lot of jobs. There is no sign of us finding any of those things soon.
Why is it you are all so proud of him but I can almost gurantee there are 5 people at your job including your boss who you complain about every day because he is inept?
Why aren't they both held to the same standard?

I remember watching the election coverage on TV.

I also remember being very unhappy with the results. Still am. Ditto the first part of Iskra's post in particular about why.

And I think that may be all I'll be saying about this topic. *Sits back and watches whatever direction this may or may not take*

Angela

I'm generally more interested in comparisons. President Bush and Iran's President Ahmadinejad have much in common. Both were elected on an image of an unassuming man that appeals to hardline religious conservatives. Both have their bombastic speeches against their enemies that appeal well domestically, but make foreign nations uneasy--but that doesn't matter, because both presidents don't care what the rest of the world thinks of them.

Likewise, interesting comparisons can be made between populations of the U.S. and Iran. Both have a large internal divide in terms of education and income distribution, and, most tellingly, both nations have a large section of their population that is completely ignored when it comes to public attention. And so these people, by and large, look to their religious clerics for validation--who, in turn, tell them how to vote. Reformists/liberals in both nations, as such, are relegated to being nothing but dreamers.

There's some differences, though. Both presidents don't get along, because here, at least, theocratic interests and wealthy business interests are one in the same. In Iran, Ahmadinejad's opponent was the wealthy business-friendly candidate, and the one that the U.S. hoped would be elected.

Anyway, reformists in America here should learn some lessons from this comparison. The lessons that Democrats have taken away from this has been to start trying to pander to theocratic ideology as if it was their own. No, the lesson is that the majority invisible in America no longer believe that any leadership will change the system--just like in Iran--and so they'll vote on morals as a fallback.

Democrats here need to regain the strength and ideals of the 1930s, where they truly stood for the interests of the working class. And we're not talking vague promises here; people no longer trust vague promises. We're now at the point where the Democrats, if they are not to forfeit the mantle of the "reformers," have to start talking in specifics. And we have large sections of America mired in inefficiency and corruption, mainly because it has been the tactic for decades to use "morality" as a way to mask that corruption. Most of Appalachia stands as a testament to decades of scapegoating and corruption.

I hope those 62,040,610 are happy when most of their taxes go up with Bush's "tax reform plan." It's 1986 all over again, and the super rich are, once again, getting a free pass to dump their tax burden onto those who can afford it the least. But, really, they have no one to blame for this but themselves.

So congratulations, Bush voters, you've elected a real winner once again.

Melon

[q] PollingReport.com

PRESIDENT BUSH – Overall Job Rating in recent news media/nonpartisan national polls

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Approve Disapprove Unsure Approve minus Dates % % % Disapprove

CNN/USA Today/Gallup 10/28-30/05 [41 56 3 -15

ABC/Washington Post 10/28-29/05 39 58 3 -19

FOX/Opinion Dynamics RV 10/25-26/05 41 51 8 -10

Gallup 10/24-26/05 41 56 3 -15

Pew 10/12-24/05 40 52 8 -12

CNN/USA Today/Gallup 10/21-23/05 42 55 3 -13

WNBC/Marist RV 10/12-13 & 17/05 41 53 6 -12

CNN/USA Today/Gallup 10/13-16/05 39 58 3 -19

Diageo/Hotline RV 10/12-16/05 40 57 2 -17

FOX/Opinion Dynamics RV 10/11-12/05 40 51 9 -11

NBC/Wall Street Journal 10/8-10/05 39 54 7 -15

Pew 10/6-10/05 38 56 6 -18

AP-Ipsos * 10/3-5/05 39 58 -19

CBS 10/3-5/05 37 58 5 -21

Newsweek 9/29-30/05 40 53 7 -13

FOX/Opinion Dynamics RV 9/27-28/05 45 47 8 -2

CNN/USA Today/Gallup 9/26-28/05 45 50 5 -5

ABC/Washington Post 9/8-11/05 42 57 1 -15

Pew 9/8-11/05 40 52 8 -12

Time 9/7-8/05 42 52 6 -10
[/q]

Last edited:
I'm still unhappy about the election results. Bush has botched everything, no one likes us because of his policies, it's all a big mess.

STING2 said:

Popular Vote

George Bush 62,040,610

John Kerry 59,028,439

Electoral Vote

George Bush 286

John Kerry 251

Originally in the forum FAQ

Trolling: Intentionally disrupting a forum by posting obviously inaccurate or inflammatory information and/or hoping to get a rise out of people. The perpetrators are known as "trolls".

BonoVoxSupastar said:
I know many Bush voters who now, a year later, are quite embarassed.

I was thinking the same thing. I have friends still on the Republican Town Committee from when I served. They are HORRIFIED.

But then again, they ar MA Republicans so they do not count.

Glad I resigned.

yeah, bush is doing a bang up job.

harriet miers!
scooter libby!
Mike Brown as head of fema!
Scripted interviews with soldiers!

and all this in just the past few months!
so, yeah, Congrats to all the glorious and wonderful Bush supporters who made sure that we got four more years of inept decisionmaking!

Let's all celebrate our blind faith!

great idea to promote the man fired from the International Arabian Horse Association to head the FEDERAL EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY!!!

The bush administration is pulling apart at the threads. Conservatives are even questioning his decisionmaking capabilities.

Let's hope he completely destroys the republican party. He's not far from pulling it off.

(CNN) -- Just a year after President Bush won a second term in a tight election, his administration faces plummeting approval ratings and troubles such as rising energy prices, an indictment at the White House and waning support for the war in Iraq.

CNN.com asked readers to pose as advisers to the president and offer suggestions for ways the administration could get back on track. Here is a sampling of those responses, sent in by e-mail. Some of them have been edited for length and clarity.

I believe Harry Truman could provide the best advice, with the simple words "The Buck Stops Here." If this administration would take responsibility for its wrongdoings, rather than placing the blame elsewhere or, worse still, forging ahead regardless of the wisdom of the decision, it would go a long way towards restoring the integrity of our government.
Drew Hunt, Normal, Illinois

Hi. I am currently serving as a U.S. soldier in South Korea. I will not bash the army or the president. But what I will suggest is to bring some of the many soldiers home from Iraq. Everyday we spend over there, more and more soldiers are dying. This is not a popular war anymore like it was after 9/11. Bush could probably save face for his presidency by showing humility to the U.S. soldiers in both Iraq and Korea and let them come home (even if they just come home for long R&R tours instead of the measly two weeks) and be with their families.
An anonymous soldier, Pyongtek, South Korea

Bush should start listening to the American people by bringing our troops home, removing Rumsfeld, appointing moderate justices, and finding Osama. As a citizen who voted for Bush in 2004, I realize it was a huge mistake.
Brent Finnell, Greenville, North Carolina

Lose the "stay the course no matter what" philosophy, and the "either you're with us or against us" mindset. It's cost them Colin Powell, and other quality people, including 2000 plus American soldiers. The Bush gang has isolated itself from the rest of the country, and a lot of the world by being a sealed unit. No matter how good you look at the beginning, eventually you have to change that suit -- it's starting to stink!
Dennis Quinn, Wonalancet, New Hampshire

The key things that I think President Bush could do: stop trying to fight the fires of the moment (i.e. the Rove/Libby deal and so forth) and actually do something versus reacting. Unfortunately, he missed a prime time with the Supreme Court nominee. I feel it should have been a person with more technology and privacy experience.
Scott Goad, Bloomfield, Indiana

Admit that you and your senior Pentagon staff made mistakes. Replace the senior Pentagon staff and develop a realistic plan to bring some of the troops home.
Lee King, Salt Lake City, Utah

Mr. Bush's (dis)approval ratings are well deserved, but if he wants to raise them he could try to show that he really cares about the middle class, and especially the poor people of this country. So far tax cuts for the wealthy, and his clear preference for corporations over people do not leave much hope for the remainder of his term.
Richard Painter, Sun Lakes, Arizona

Do something that is genuinely beneficial to the American people. Like capture Osama bin Laden, or bring the troops home from Iraq, or protect whistle blowers who report corporate crime that is in collusion with government actions of extortion.
Joshua Shakopee, Minnesota

I do not think there is a lot he can do to regain the rating he once had. I think pulling our service people out of Iraq would help but we have gotten ourselves so deep already that pulling out now would only put our country at greater risk of terroristic attacks or worse. And pulling out of Iraq now could likely lead to Saddam regaining control in Iraq.
Martha Prater, Rusk, Texas

Push legislation to regulate oil companies as public utilities -- just like electric, natural gas, and telephone companies. This would require that companies obtain regulatory approval before raising gas prices.
Andy Park, Largo, Florida

The president could do numerous things beginning with changing policies that contribute to animosities and/or hostilities directed toward our country. Stop agitating the peoples of the world by getting in bed with and supporting corrupt so-called tyrant leaders. Alternative fuels and a call for the legalization of medical marijuana and the farming of hemp for industrial uses. Wage a war on government corruption at all levels of government and ease off on at least some of the oppression against the people. Bring the troops home immediately and stop meddling in foreign affairs while this country has so much corruption of its own that it isn't even dealing with. Clean up your own back yard firstly and lead by example. Doing the right thing when you have the power to do so isn't really that hard but one firstly has to want to do the right thing.
Richard Mark Jones, Purvis, Mississippi

The president needs to remember who elected him, we the poor and middle class people.. Not Big Oil,Haliburton or any of the other big business CEO's he has been courting or paying homage too. If he gets rid of us, who will support the country then?
Sandra Crater, Milford, Illinois

Ignore the posturing of the Democrats and the sniping of the press and get on with the job of governing and leading the country. STAY FOCUSED!
Bill Hatcher, Capron, Virginia

In light of recent news that U.S. oil companies have set record quaterly profits the President could take a very public position and invite the CEO's of U.S. oil companies to the White House. He could use this opportunity to remind them that they have had enormous success over the years because of the blessings of the remarkable nation they are a part of. Then for the good of the country he could ask them to return the favor and help the country out by reducing gasoline prices.
Chris Denney, Oshkosh, Wisconsin

If President Bush wants to take back his presidency he should pay more attention to the wants and needs of the American people, rather than to warring factions within the Republican party. He should also take responsibility for the failings of his administration, namely Scooter Libby's implicated involvement with the Plame CIA leak and the Department of Homeland Security's inability to deal with natural disasters on American soil. He needs to remember that government is "for the people, by the people" and do his best to serve all of us.
Molly Wright, Berne, New York

I think Bush can save his office by focusing on improving domestic issues, such as the poor (Katrina), and bring our armed forces back home, address global issues that face our children such as global warming, support other energy sources for transportation, stop the growing gap dividing the rich and poor.
Teresa, Burbank, California

The best thing Bush could do is revive the military draft. This war is something we should all share in and not just the bottom 25% of high school graduates.
Patrick Wright, San Gabriel, California

Mr. Bush should reach out to ALL Americans, not just his base. He displays a shocking willingness to shock the body politic by playing to the radical right. He should make good on his campaign mantra and be a uniter not a divider. If he won't give ground he will be ground into meaninglessness as we the people step over him to do what's right for the majority.
T.K. Hodgson, West Hollywood, California

Stop spending like a drunken sailor and close the borders and kick out a few million illegals. That will shake loose some jobs and raise wages because of less cheap workers Who can work for 12 to 13 bucks and have a nice car or a house.
Andrew M. Herold, Beltsville, Maryland

First, President Bush could help his approval ratings by getting off the evangelical tract! Yes, we are a Christian-founded country but all Christians are not evangelical! All others have freedom to choose their religion, or none, and he sould be inclusive of all.
Cheri Windsor, Colorado

Give full true backing (no lip service) to the people that voted twice to put a man in office to gain back our country. No euthanasia, no abortion, no persecution of Christians, no judicial tyranny, no homosexual privileges, no attacks on the institution of marriage, no attacks on the family, etc.
Pedro A. Delgado, Miami, Florida

I don't think that Bush can get back on track. He is SO FAR off the mainstream track, that I think he has fallen over! He is completely out of touch with America and has no regard for the consequences of his wasteful agenda and corrupt business dealings. I just hope America can emerge in 2008 without being totally destroyed.
Jennifer, Georgetown, Delaware

Clawgrabber said:
yeah, bush is doing a bang up job.

harriet miers!
scooter libby!
Mike Brown as head of fema!
Scripted interviews with soldiers!

and all this in just the past few months!
so, yeah, Congrats to all the glorious and wonderful Bush supporters who made sure that we got four more years of inept decisionmaking!

Let's all celebrate our blind faith!

great idea to promote the man fired from the International Arabian Horse Association to head the FEDERAL EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY!!!

The bush administration is pulling apart at the threads. Conservatives are even questioning his decisionmaking capabilities.

Let's hope he completely destroys the republican party. He's not far from pulling it off.

Scripted interviews with soldiers?!?!??!! OH NO!!! How will the US survive?!?!??!

Harriet Miers not confirmed? OH NO!!! DOOM and CHAOS for America!!

Disaster in New Orleans?! Yep!...ALL Mike Brown's fault. And therefore inept decision making by Bush.

Scooter? Big deal. Not Rove or Cheney like all the democrats were salivating for.

Back
Top Bottom