Congratulations President Bush

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dutch Partygirl said:
I don't have a problem with a good discussion and I'll even admit when I'm wrong, but there were loads of one-liners going around and not a lot of arguments. Untill U2 Travellers post where he finally came up with some more substantial stuff. I don't have time to read the American papers as well, but I did have a look at the Dutch tv-channels this night and morning and there were several reports of what I described before. That's all I'm saying. And I don't expect people to agree with me. If it's not true, it's not true. But it is really strange that the media here is reporting it (and don't bring me any 'your media is on the side of John Kerry' - stuff, because that's not always true).

So, you're saying you personally believe our election is unfair and your papers are reporting this, but you have no specific support for your claim? Even if your media was on Kerry's side, your claims wouldn't make sense b/c so far, Kerry's people have not made any claims about the election being rigged or unfair. What exactly is your media reporting?

Thats a fair question LivLuv. While I do think certain lawsuits will be filed, it will not nearly be the debacle we saw in 2000. And thank God for that.

Dutch Partygirl said:
You can hardly call it a fair competition with the voting system in the US and the way everything is going with votingmachines etc. Even in a number of Third World countries the elections are more fair than in the US.

Perhaps you could back these statements up with fact.

Or are these statements fueled by the results of the election?

No, they're not fuelled by the results of the election. I for one would've been happier if Kerry would've won (even though he's not all that either), but as I said before: it doesn't matter who wins, elections have to be fair. And I don't think that what the media have been reporting on here would've changed the results dramatically, but I still think that people don't go voting for nothing, so every vote should count (wether it's a Democratic one or a Republican one).

I don't have a tv here at work and I haven't got a newspaper here, so I can't give you any exact examples at the moment. I'll have time for that tomorrow. I'm just saying what the media has been reporting on here. (by the way: you can read in my earlier posts what they've been reporting about, I'm not going to write it all again).

Bush has clearly won, that's true and that should be respected since it's the will of the people. No doubt about that. I just think that every vote should count even though it won't make any difference to the end result. And yes, it's true that it hasn't been a complete mess like four years ago...

Drudge is reporting that Kerry has conceded to Bush and is planning to a public concession at 1:00 pm Eastern.

Dutch Partygirl said:
I don't have a tv here at work and I haven't got a newspaper here, so I can't give you any exact examples at the moment. I'll have time for that tomorrow. I'm just saying what the media has been reporting on here. (by the way: you can read in my earlier posts what they've been reporting about, I'm not going to write it all again).

And I'm not trying to attack you, I just want to know more specifically what your sources are (besides "the media") because our media here (the credible sources), at least to my knowledge, has not reported anything significantly unfair about this election. Every vote DOES count but at the same time, it's not impossible to call an election before all the absentee ballots are counted.

Why are people in general such sore losers? I'm not just talking about Dems in this either, as both parties can be real jackasses sometimes when they lose. People can't just say that they lost and shut up about it. They have to say it was the ballot, it was the lack of voting machines, someone slashed the tires on the polling workers vans, on and on and on.

Of course, people have the right to not like who won and be disappointed, but geez don't sit in the corner throwing a temper-tantrum like a 2 yr old.

Dutch Partygirl said:

if i'm not mistaken, the internet also works for sources. and you're posting, so you've got that, don't you?

jer2911 said:
Why are people in general such sore losers? I'm not just talking about Dems in this either, as both parties can be real jackasses sometimes when they lose. People can't just say that they lost and shut up about it. They have to say it was the ballot, it was the lack of voting machines, someone slashed the tires on the polling workers vans, on and on and on.

Of course, people have the right to not like who won and be disappointed, but geez don't sit in the corner throwing a temper-tantrum like a 2 yr old.

I agree, Bush won fairly. I wish it had been different but nothing too shady happened. Sure some little problems occured but not enough to bridge the gap. However, I think there was some reason for Democrats to complain about Florida back in 2000. That was never resolved well.

silenus said:
yeah...congrats from the hundreds of American soldiers and tenthousands of civilians who've lost their hartbeat for it

P.S.: I'm starting to doubt Americans get the same news/info as we do in the rest of the world

They do get the same news we get.

Only thing, they are not smart enough to understand those news.

U2_Guy said:

They do get the same news we get.

Only thing, they are not smart enough to understand those news.

I'm glad the really super smart people have started posting here. The rest of us just don't understand ......

The bottom line is that there are a lot of highly intelligent people that voted for both and a lot of complete morons that voted for both. Are some of the Bush supporters from the south ignorant hicks? Well, yes, I grew up around them, I know. But also, a lot of Kerry supporters are extrememly poor people who just want to be given a hand out and not do any real work themselves. Some of these stereotypes are actually true. But it is stupid to condemn all Bush supporters as ignorant, I argue with them on a regular basis at work. Don't always agree with them, but they are not stupid.

Re: Re: Congratulations President Bush

JOFO said:

to what? a bigger pile of shit than we're currently in?
it's the stupid fucking redneck shitheads of the south that got hm elected again.
I'm angry, and I'm not gonna be a gentleman about bush's win.

Eh... I am from the south, and I am neither stupid, a fucking redneck or a shithead although the fact that I voted for Bush will evidentally make you think otherwise.

As far as the south being the pivotal point of this election you are completely misinformed or you just haven't bothered your ass to watch as the election unfolded. The crucial state in this election turned out to be Ohio and, that by definition, is the NORTH.

Here's the bullet... now bite it.

Okay those who are still whining and getting angry.

dont behave like little kids..

be a bit more graceful

admit defeat..

dont worry..tomorrow sun will rise and everything will be ok.

if you are non-american who hates america...never go to america..boycott america products... or do whatever..

if you are in america and are ashamed or dont like it..migrate to Ireland or Egypt or Syria or anywhere you like..

believe in democracy and freedom... you dont have to hate gays if Bush is elected.

do whatever you like..that is freedom... but dont behave like kids if u are not a kid

FREEDOM & democracy Rules :)

Peace and Love all ... americans , non-americans, democrats and republicans

and to all bush supporters - congrats :)

to kerry supporters - may be 2008 :wink:

Last edited:
AcrobatMan said:

if you are non-american who hates america...never go to america..boycott america products... or do whatever..

Beautiful... but... America comes to some countries. They actually come uninvited. To be true, the USA invades countries.

They don't go to America. America comes to them.

Lovely. Now California will get shitted on for the next 4 yrs - again.

Anyone know the fastest route to another country? :p

Yeah, Acrobatman, nicely stated...

I agree, we have to say the congrats and move on.

I just hope that given how Mr. Bush doesn't have a 'mandate', he stops acting like he does, you know? It is close, there are many many many close to half of all the electorate people who don't agree with his views. So why act like that is not so?
I'm really going to be hanging on his acceptance speech rhetoric, hoping it shows exactly the sort of let's get what's happened here logic and love you seem to espouse...
Otherwise it's just more of the same misunderstandings, more of them same blindness more of the same.
we shouldn't be between more of the same and a hard place for 4 more years, that doesn't seem to be what the whole democracy thing is about. it should be more than majority rule kinda deal, hence that whole weirdo electoral college thing that lost the dems the election last time, no?

cheers love and peace to all today!

(even though I'm feeling pretty depressed....or 'down' I should more correctly say...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom