Confirmed: Yushchenko was poisoned

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ukraine has alot of problems. All countries do, of course. But my sister spent two weeks there in 2002 and I read English-language reports from the Kyiv newspapers. There were demonstrations in Kyiv protesting corruption in the government. Ukraine will get a new president because the present one can't run for re-election. It's none of my business, really, but Yushchenko really does seem like the better candidate, and also the guy who the liberals in Ukraine like. I'd defintely vote for him if I were Ukrainian.

Dioxin can occur naturally--it's a by-product of chemical processes and settles in the water, grass, etc. Animals then ingest it--we eat animals, so we have levels of dioxin in our bodies too (although low; dioxin accumulates readily in beef, dairy products, milk, chicken, pork, fish and eggs).

It's also fat soluble, which migth explain how it easily could have been immersed in a liquidy or fatty, creamy soup.

:down:

wow, what a bad year yushchenko's having. like a fraudulent election result wasn't enough. let's hope justice for both of these wrongs is forthcoming.

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
Dioxin can occur naturally--it's a by-product of chemical processes and settles in the water, grass, etc. Animals then ingest it--we eat animals, so we have levels of dioxin in our bodies too (although low; dioxin accumulates readily in beef, dairy products, milk, chicken, pork, fish and eggs).

It's also fat soluble, which migth explain how it easily could have been immersed in a liquidy or fatty, creamy soup.

Aha. :|

U2Kitten said:
Who did it?

That's a good question, and as far as I can tell, no one knows. It's dreadful, just dreadful. I hope things sort out well for the Ukrainian people, they've been through alot of real :censored:

A_Wanderer said:
Yes lets all blame verte for saying "the Russians" when referring to certain interests within a nation.

Well, specifically some Russian people who want to maintain their power over Ukraine, and don't want to play fair with the democratic process in Ukraine. Yushchenko has been a "president-in-waiting" for quite some time now, and I really think this is scary to the Russian power structure who apparently want to hang on to Soviet-era type power. Politicians can be real monsters anywhere you go. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
Yushchenko got out of the clinic in Vienna just today. I hope he's OK. This is unbelievable.

Last edited:
I just read an article in the local newspaper about Yushchenko. It's going to take him a long time to get over the dioxin poisoning. This is surreal.

Yushchenko is back in Kyiv (that's the Ukrainian spelling of the city's name, the Kiev spelling is Russian) and saying "the authorities" are the people who poisoned him. That's the current president. Yikes!

I actually deleted a bit of that post where I referenced the crticism of saying the French in reference to actons of their government, I feel that it is unjust to criticise when the intent of the statement is evident.

Yes, I think it's a bit irrational to go saying that we're blaming the entire country of Russia. To me, I thought it was obvious what I meant, and what verte meant, but perhaps I'm being naive. I apologize for any misunderstanding, but personally, I think this was a bit of a ridiculous dispute.

A_Wanderer...would you like some freedom fries?:wink:

Oh, of course it's not the entire country of Russia. In fact, I'm sure most Russians are absolutely horrified at this along with the rest of the planet. It's only certain powerful people in Russia who have a vested interest in keeping the status quo in Ukraine.

hmmm any relation between this guy:
news_img_1555779_0006.jpg

and this guy?:
spongebob.gif

[/conspiracy mode]

I heard that it would take 12 years for all the stuff on his face to go away. Poor guy he needs a hug. :hug: Believe it or not when I show before and after pictures of him to my friends most of the girls, (17 and 18), talk about how HANDSOME he was! Which, he really was, but that shocked me coming from my peers. Anyway it has to be so difficult for him to be going through all this right now

U2democrat said:
Believe it or not when I show before and after pictures of him to my friends most of the girls, (17 and 18), talk about how HANDSOME he was!
Are these the same type of chicks who think our B-man is old & icky??? :down: :wink:

This whole poisoning thing is seriously twisted though... Seems to me that whoever did this didn't want to kill Yushchenko quickly - they wanted to watch him waste away slowly. And that's some bad mojo right there. :mad:

The inside scoop is that they didn't want to kill Yushchenko, they just wanted to knock him out of commission during the campaign season. Now it's really making the opposition--which is to say the present regime--look bad. They've made Yushchenko look like some sort of sacrificial lamb for democracy in Ukraine. It's none of my damn business because I'm not Ukrainian, but I sure hope he wins. Of course so do a fair number of Ukrainians, the liberals, who I naturally relate to.

Last edited:
verte76 said:
This would get a U.S. president impeached. I know I'd be for impeaching *any* politician who did anything like this.

Agreed. I don't give a damn what party a person is running for, if they do something like that, I don't want them in charge. You just don't do that to people.

6,000 times higher, huh? Holy shit...that's insane. The poor guy. He's certainly handling all this quite well, though, it seems...I don't know if I'd be able to. Man, my respect for him keeps growing. May he have a full recovery from all this crap.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom