Condom a Cappella Ring Tone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
Well that's unusual. Would it work to "make condoms more socially acceptable and promote the image of a condom user as a smart and responsible person"? I don't know..

msn.com

How do you tackle the taboo of talking about condoms? A new HIV-awareness campaign in India is using a cell phone ring tone to start the conversation. The tone consists of a choir repeating the word "condom."

The "Condom a Cappella" ring tone is part of a massive campaign produced by the BBC World Service Trust with a grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to help prevent the spread of HIV in India. The goal of the campaign is to "make condoms more socially acceptable and promote the image of a condom user as a smart and responsible person," according to the BBC World Service Trust.

With approximately half of the world's population carrying cell phones (India alone has more than 140 million subscribers), can other public service messages via ring tones be far behind?

You can listen to it here

http://www.condomcondom.org/

Obviously the purpose of it is completely serious-but a choir repeating the word condom is pretty funny too. That'll be stuck in my brain all day :wink:

Uh, good idea, bad execution. The song itself is so ridiculous, that it'll induce nothing but laughs. I don't know, my logic just says that if you're giggling about contraceptives, you're more likely to be too embarrassed to buy them/use them/ask your partner to use them. There has to be a better/easier way to get kids past the taboo/gigglishness of condoms, educate them, and encourage them to use them.

My suggestion of putting them in cereal boxes is unlikely to fly though.

Back
Top Bottom