Condoleezza Rice for President

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why hasn't there been a Native American elected for President?
We ran this country many years before the British came. I believe we can run it again.

Who are the presidents or Prime Ministers of other countries? I do not honestly know, enlighten me who the PM or Presidents of South America, Mexico, Australia, Africa, China, Japan, Korea, Canada, Italy, France, etc.

If it serves me correctly, the leader of Italy is Italian. The President of France is French, etc. I don't believe Tim Carey is the leader of Japan, no, sorry, no.

What is America? Where did it come from? Were there even people on this continent before Colombus's people came? Or was it just NEW land and the British just came in and were the ONLY ones on this country?

I just don't get why my people were tricked, slaughtered, then taken advantage of, and then we can't even run for President of a country that was originally ours.

What's stopping a Native American candidate from running? is such a situation impossible through legal barriers or is there the broader problem of gathering widespread political support.

Interesting citing Australia, considering that much like America it is a country with colonial history, and the British had the principle of Terra Nullius at their disposal.

Last edited:
xtal said:
Who are the presidents or Prime Ministers of other countries? I do not honestly know, enlighten me who the PM or Presidents of South America, Mexico, Australia, Africa, China, Japan, Korea, Canada, Italy, France, etc.

In order of apperance: name a specific South American country, Vicente Fox, John Howard, name a specific African country, Hu Jintao, Junichiro Koizumi, Pak Pong-ju [DPRK - real power exercised by Kim Jong-il] and Roo Moo-hyun [ROK], Paul Martin, Silvio Berlusconi, Jacques Chirac.

Well, by your use of logic, Japan should be run by one of the Ainu, seeing how they were on the island before the Japanese came and took their island. Also, Mexico should be run by maybe the Toltecs or Mayans (no Aztecs-they migrated in to Mexico and conquered and subjugated many people who were there first.

I'd love it if a Native American were elected President. Perhaps it will happen before a woman gets elected President. Personally I think Hell will freeze over before a woman is elected President.

Hell would freeze over if a Minority were elected president.

I'd bet a million on that. Would you?

i think Powell could have won if he tried.

i also believe Rice is qualified as well.

Rice would be both a minorityand a woman, and a person who has proven herself in the public and private sector.

i would hope that we'd see a president elected because they were the right person for the job, not because they are the better of two mediocre candidates.

namkcuR said:
Barack Obama '08 :up:

John Edwards '08 :down:

John Kerry '08 :down:

Any Republican '08 :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

I saw an interview with Obama - He's seems quite smart and capable.

What the hell is Condi Rice qualified for, that's MY question. She ignored information prior to 9/11, as did the whole administration. :reject:

:shifty:

Lila64 said:
I saw an interview with Obama - He's seems quite smart and capable.

What the hell is Condi Rice qualified for, that's MY question. She ignored information prior to 9/11, as did the whole administration. :reject:

:shifty:

No, don't blame the people actually IN OFFICE at the time the attacks took place, don't you realise it was all BILL CLINTON'S fault. [sarcasm]

In spite of the fact that he specifically warned the incoming adminstration about Al Queda!

I can't stand Condaleeza Rice. I think she's an idiot. Barrack Obama should be our next president. Anyone see his speech at the democratic convention?

She is very smart, has experience in foreign affairs and multilingual to boot. However she would not be president of the world, it is the domestic politics that help make a president.

The ascension of either Condi Rice or Hillary to the White House would be the final sign that the apocalypse is upon us

Does anybody in here actually believe that a BLACK WOMAN has a chance to be elected president?

I mean, seriously. :|

Many have said a woman or black could never get elected

The ideal situation would be that both major parties nominate a minority

Most accept that Colin Powell could have won in either party.

We could have Hillary and Condi in 2008.

I find Condi Rice lacking in many capacities.

It seems the GOP are always trying to inoculate themselves from their true biases
by elevating mediocre people of color.

Do I agree with Rice's foreign policies? Not at all, but I'd hardly call her mediocre. She is a fabulously talented, smart, and accomplished person, and more than qualified to run for President.

I'd have to know what her domestic policy would be like before I could say if I'd vote for her or not.

The person I have wanted for the presidency for years is a minority, but he isn't even in politics anymore: J.C. Watts

deep said:
yes

if it is not Condi Rice,

she is pathetic.

On the contrary, the African American with the greatest chance of being elected in 2008 is Condi Rice.

How is an African American women of such talent labeled "pathetic"? :|

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom