Clone controversy part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
Anyone got thoughts on this?

TEL AVIV (Reuters) - The head of a company that says it has produced the first cloned humans said on Wednesday it would show proof at a gathering of some of the parents in Brazil next week.

Clonaid, a company founded by the Raelian movement that believes mankind was created by extraterrestrials, announced in December that it had made the first cloned human, a baby girl called "Eve" born on Dec. 26 to an American mother.

Brigitte Boisselier, president of Clonaid, said three more cloned babies had been born since and some of the parents as well as other couples wanting to have cloned children would meet in Sao Paulo starting on Monday.

"Parents who want to be cloned, and those that have been cloned already, will be there. They want to start an organization -- Human Clone Rights," she told Reuters in Israel.

"Hopefully all the proof for the Japanese baby boy who was cloned two months ago will be shown there.

"The baby in Israel -- Eve -- is doing well. She is almost three months old now. The American parents are very happy and they might be in Brazil, but I cannot announce that yet."

Boisselier, a French-born chemist who is a Raelian, said the other two cloned babies were born in Saudi Arabia and the Netherlands.

Clonaid has produced no evidence for the allegedly cloned children so far. Scientists believe the assertions may be a hoax to make money or garner publicity for the Raelians.

The London-published Arab daily Asharq al-Awsat quoted Boisselier as saying Clonaid would offer evidence "to the whole world" in Sao Paulo next week.

"We will reveal with pictures and documents a Japanese baby girl and millions will see her parents," she told the newspaper.

Re: Re: Clone controversy part II

nbcrusader said:

Its all about the cult - they are after money and new members.

Yeah, that's what it looks like to me, too. I personally think it's a big hoax. Cloned babies? Yeah, right.

Back
Top Bottom