Circumcision, on a grand scale? Or plucking out thine eye that offends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deep

Blue Crack Addict
Malibu Loses a Bit of Its Status as a Sex Symbol

By Jack Leonard
Times Staff Writer

August 13, 2005

Visitors to the California State Fair may notice something peculiar about the map of Los Angeles County on display: It's no longer anatomically correct.

Embarrassed by suggestions that the 3-D map resembles male genitalia, county officials this week ordered a small section near Malibu lopped off.

"We didn't want to offend the public," said Judy Hammond, the county's director of public affairs. "I know sex is a good advertising tool, but that's not really what we were going for."

The operation alters the shape of a large wooden box that stands at the entrance of the county's exhibit at the Cal Expo fairgrounds in Sacramento, which opened to the public on Friday. The box, in the shape of the county, is adorned with a heart as part of the county's exhibit theme: "We love L.A. County."

Exhibit-goers are prompted to fill out cards expressing why they love Los Angeles and then drop them into the box. The answers will be judged by county employees, and the authors of the best ones will win "I love L.A." Beanie Babies.

The shape of the wooden map is identical to millions printed on county books and brochures. But earlier this week, before the exhibit's official opening, a handful of passers-by working at the fairgrounds suggested that the wooden map looked a little too male.

County officials said they had never considered the map anything but gender-neutral. But because "it's such a prominent part of our exhibit, we didn't want to detract from the rest of the display," Hammond said.

article here, not the onion, still looking for an image

I honestly wouldn't have seen that if you hadn't mentioned it. These people's minds must function in a rather strange way.:|

Last edited:
DrTeeth said:
I honestly wouldn't have seen that if you hadn't mentioned it.

I have a map on my wall
and I never saw it, either.

the testes do look a bit shriveled up and the shaft is far below normal size

These people's mind must function in a rather strange way.

bammo2 said:
lol oh for gods sake. some people really do spend far too much time dreaming up ways to be offended

:|

Sure enough, on that note, I would like Norway to join in on the Euro. The sight of Finland and Sweden together gives me bad thoughts as well. :ohmy:

Eurozone2004.png

As I read my LA Times this morning, I just knew I would see this story FYM style :wink:

And to think I was driving through the male organ of California just yesterday afternoon :giggle:

BAW = spermatozoa?????

It is graven images that lead us to lust.

Read the holly word!

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath..."

NO graven images, the fundamentalists are right!

'and for heaven's sake

do not look at the CLOUDS

sometimes those fuckers are filthy!!!!

FizzingWhizzbees said:
No. Just no. There cannot be people THIS stupid in the world.

NEVER underestimate the sheer stupidity of US officialdom.

:rolleyes:

DrTeeth said:
I honestly wouldn't have seen that if you hadn't mentioned it. These people's minds must function in a rather strange way.:|

Exactly! That's the thing, a lot of this stuff I don't even notice until these people make a big issue out of it. Yeah, now I see it, everyone's aware of it now, and it's because of you. Duh.

bammo2 said:
lol oh for gods sake. some people really do spend far too much time dreaming up ways to be offended

:|

Indeed they do. I dunno, I can think of far more horrific things to be bothered by, but maybe I'm just weird :shrug:.

Angela

Wait a minute... :hmm: These are the same people that go through animated Disney movies frame by frame looking for dirty words spelled out in the dust, or clouds, or fog, etc., etc., right??

Why is it that those who are supposed to be "pure of thought" can point out an imagined penis or vagina lonnnnnng before the rest of us perverts could ever find it???? :confused: :| :tsk:

BluRmGrl said:
Why is it that those who are supposed to be "pure of thought" can point out an imagined penis or vagina lonnnnnng before the rest of us perverts could ever find it???? :confused: :| :tsk:

Just to point out, this article has nothing at all to do with conservative Christianity (assuming that's what you were alluding to with the "pure of thought" reference). The decision to alter the geography was the government's, not some fundamentalist Christian group's.

Though, I know how much some of you would love to blame conservative Christianity for all of the ailments of modern society. :sexywink:

I still dont see any penis. If either of the 2 Los Angeles's are meant to be organ shaped, then someone needs a doctor. Not a map maker.

I wonder what those offended by the map do when they walk through the animal exhibits at the fair...pretty good chance of seeing some male genitalia, nursing mothers and maybe even some dirty animal sex. Cover the children's eyes! :ohmy:

I looked at the map again, because you'd replied, BAW, and I just realised I was looking at the penis upside down. :der: Sorry for being so dumb everyone.

But that man still has elephantitis.
:tsk:

Angela Harlem said:
I looked at the map again, because you'd replied, BAW, and I just realised I was looking at the penis upside down. :der: Sorry for being so dumb everyone.

But that man still has elephantitis.
:tsk:

Yes he does :lol:

This reminds of my reaction when Bono said fuck at the Grammys ("Fuck up the mainstream".)

The next morning, I kind of gathered that some people were a bit upset by something Bono had said. So I paid a little more attention and heard they were all offended 'cause he (gasp!) said a naughty word!

You know, I had to go back and watch the damn tape 'cause I hadn't even noticed. Of course, I suppose that says more about my vocabulary...or maybe my attitude towards "obscenity".

BluRmGrl said:

because they're looking out for our souls. they are on guard, ready to battle temptation and Satan wherever he is lurking -- in the halls of scientific laboratories, the Supreme Court, behind the couch, or on a lewd map of SoCal. penises are to be peed out of and occasionally used to make god-fearing children. other than that, they are to be feared. feared! you know what the devil does with idle hands ... (give you a hint: begins with "m" and rhymes with "alleviate" and INXS once uttered that word in their sinful song "need you tonight").

thank goodness we have such people to look out for us! praise Jay-sus!

BluRmGrl said:

Because they're the real perverts. You are only a minor pervert in comparison. :wink:

BluRmGrl said:
Wait a minute... :hmm: These are the same people that go through animated Disney movies frame by frame looking for dirty words spelled out in the dust, or clouds, or fog, etc., etc., right??

Mmhm. That's what happens when you have far too much time on your hands, after all.

Originally posted by BluRmGrl

I've often thought about that, too. Strange, isn't it?

But I just want to know what exactly these people fear someone will do upon seeing a body part. I've seen body parts before, and last I checked, I hadn't turned into some heathen...what exactly do they think we'll do if we see that?

Angela

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom