China VS. Taiwan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
phanan said:

The last I checked, their copied nuclear bombs would still be very effective.

Well of course if they resorted to nuclear weapons, which I seriously doubt, the world would be destroyed. Not in so much a biblical sense but more a scientific way. Climate shifts and contamination and such.

A_Wanderer said:
Australia would honour it's ANZUS treaty and support the US if it ever came to such a situation

I don't think ANZUS applies in that scenario. I mean, if China attacks Taiwan and the US says "Let's go get 'em boys!" that's not where ANZUS comes in (and in that scenario, if it took place tomorrow, I think Australia would try and stay out for as long as possible). ANZUS would only apply if China decided to attack unprovoked a US territory or interest or whatever (eg takes out a US Navy ship or something on the way). In which case, I'd suggest ANZUS would be invoked, but that would be the last of our worries and we should all move to the hills rather quickly.

1) Do you believe Taiwan has the right to officially declare its independence from China?

YES 11 votes

NO 2 votes

2) If China attempts to invade Taiwan(regardless of whether Taiwan had declared independence or not), do you support US and international military intervention to stop China?

YES 6 votes

NO 7 votes

Very interesting results so far. Nearly everyone supports Taiwan's right to declare its independence from China, but people are split on whether they support US and international military intervention to stop a Chinese military invasion of Taiwan.

Hokay. So zis is de erth. Then one day, we decide to nuke those chinese sons-of-a-bitches.

Anyone know what i'm talking about?

That is what will happen if we (righteously or not) declare war on China.

STING2 said:

2) If China attempts to invade Taiwan(regardless of whether Taiwan had declared independence or not), do you support US and international military intervention to stop China?

YES 6 votes

NO 7 votes

Mine was a marginal yes, depending if there was enough support worldwide. Because if there wasn't, it would be a definite no.

Sometimes these things are hard to judge by just a yes or no.

Lets get some more votes on these questions here:

1) Do you believe Taiwan has the right to officially declare its independence from China?

YES 11 votes

NO 3 votes

YES 6 votes

NO 8 votes

Back
Top Bottom