Cheerleaders Can Display Their Breasts But Nursing Mothers Can't?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nbcrusader [/i][B]Duh. I think we were trying for some higher level of analysis here. [/B][/QUOTE] I don't mean to be disrespectful said:

So if I'm ever at a sporting event that you're at and you paid to watch the game and I feel the urge to masturbate, I'll whip out my penis and start yanking away. It's perfectly natural, and a bodily function. Don't want to witness it? That's fine! Don't look.

Or instead, maybe I'll take a crap right in my seat once I get the feeling in my intestines. It's perfectly natural, and a bodily function. Don't want to witness it? That's fine! Don't look.

What's that you say? There's a place that confers privacy for the commitment of any and all bodily functions without the chance of bothering other patrons called a washroom? And it only takes an extra 2 minutes of my time to get there? Wow! What a novel concept. Going to a washroom for privacy when you need to commit a bodily function. Wonder why nobody's thought of that before?

Dave, mate, get real.

The comparison is ridiculous and completely irrelevant. There is a difference between FEEDING A CHILD and public defecation. Can you not see that much?!

Last edited:
sallycinnamon78 said:
Dave, mate, get real.

The comparison is ridiculous and completely irrelevant. There is a difference between FEEDING A CHILD and public defecation. Can you not see that much?!

Okay, scrap defication for sanitary purposes.

We still have a random list of things that are getting approval and things that are rejected (labeled "icky").

I guess it is easier that way.

Yes, feeding babies must be compared to spitting, farting, cutting toenails, defecating and masturbating.

And once again, some people want to control not only whether or not a woman has a baby, but where and how she feeds it.

Just unfuckingbelievable.

Dreadsox said:
#3 If you should have to breast feed your child in public, you should seek out the nearest shit house, so that the MEN in the public place, do not go into a masturbatory state and have to run to the other shithouse to relieve themselves.

:lmao:

edit: can't say that in fym. :wink:

Last edited:
joyfulgirl said:
Yes, feeding babies must be compared to spitting, farting, cutting toenails, defecating and masturbating.

And once again, some people want to control not only whether or not a woman has a baby, but where and how she feeds it.

Just unfuckingbelievable.

What is "unfuckingbelievable" is the level of hyperbole and polarity used to "discuss" the issue.

nbcrusader said:

Okay, scrap defication for sanitary purposes.

We still have a random list of things that are getting approval and things that are rejected (labeled "icky").

I guess it is easier that way.

Okay... let's take an example...

Masturbation = acting upon a controllable sexual urge. Nothing 'icky' about it to me, as I'm not that repressed or plain silly. I believe it is fair to say that most of us would agree that this behaviour is inappropriate in public?

Breastfeeding = feeding a baby. Necessary.

Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
I think most men want to keep breasts as a sexual body part, and keep it to themselves. Seeing a woman breastfeed destroys this vision.

I'm with you on that one, BVS.

sallycinnamon78 said:
Okay... let's take an example...

Masturbation = acting upon a controllable sexual urge. Nothing 'icky' about it to me, as I'm not that repressed or plain silly. I believe it is fair to say that most of us would agree that this behaviour is inappropriate in public?

Breastfeeding = feeding a baby. Necessary.

Okay, we can divide activities on the level of necessity. Of course, we will get different takes on what is really necessary. (and I'm sure some smart alec guy will say the former is "necessary" as well).

Perhaps some personal grooming activities could cross the line?

nbcrusader said:

Okay, we can divide activities on the level of necessity. Of course, we will get different takes on what is really necessary. (and I'm sure some smart alec guy will say the former is "necessary" as well).

Hmm....how about....breastfeeding is necessary because someone else's life depends on it? You can't even come CLOSE to that for masturbation! :D

All I'm saying is that is being inconsiderate of those around you to bring an infant to a sporting event. I don't want to see you breast feeding your kid next to me.

Realistically, do you not believe that this is your own problem, caused by your own hang-ups, and has very little to do with mother and child? Or not?

What's that you say?

Talk sense, and come up with a relevant argument while you're at it. THAT'S what I say.

There's a place that confers privacy for the commitment of any and all bodily functions without the chance of bothering other patrons called a washroom? And it only takes an extra 2 minutes of my time to get there? Wow! What a novel concept. Going to a washroom for privacy when you need to commit a bodily function.

It is not merely a 'bodily function'; it is feeding an infant, providing nourishment. So, logically, your comment could be seen as innaccurate and irrelevant.

Wonder why nobody's thought of that before?

Perhaps they have the sense to differentiate between nursing a baby and taking a crap?

DaveC isn't comparing the two.

Given the arguments (natural, function, need) in favor of public breastfeeding, if you simply substitute "masturbation" for "breastfeeding" and the defenses (don't look) you get the same result (public masturbation is okay).

However, no one would seriously support public masturbation. Thus, the arguments proposed so far are flawed as they cannot be applied on a consistent basis.

Many thanks for this deep insight into Dave's thought process.

You're not taking semantics into account there. The 'need' isn't the same. Also, the effect of not feeding your child is very different from the effect of not masturbating!

Yes or no, food is necessary for survival?

Last edited:
MrsSpringsteen said:
I was thinking that too, it's nice to hear a guy say that

Yeah :).

Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
It sort of shocks me that younger people have "issues" with this, no offense of course, but it is surprising. I would have thought it would be just the opposite.

Well, here's a younger person who doesn't have issues with it :).

It does amaze me that we've spent 13 pages debating this issue. I'm still just not exactly sure what it is about a breast that bothers people so much.

Actually, a lot of the time, when a breast is shown on TV, it's mainly the nipple area that's blurred out, so it seems that's the portion that's supposedly offensive to the general public. Well, gee, if that's the case, you know, guys have nipples, too, so I guess they'd better start covering up in public as well, eh?

If guys can walk around totally topless in public all day, then I think they could at least be able to deal with a woman breastfeeding for a brief amount of time.

Angela

sallycinnamon78 said:
Realistically speaking, would you agree that this is your problem, not that of mother and child? Or not?

I think this may go to a broader issue in our society.

Rather than coexisting and/or defering to each other, we tend towards a behavior that, towards the extreme, might say "it's my right, to F-you".

Perhaps I just have a different mind set, but I am conscious of minimizing my externalities (the economics term for reducing the impact on others).

I can't believe some would even reduce it down to a body function.

One must not spit to live, unless they are choking and in that case I really don't think anyone will fault them for it.

Sexual pleasure is something that involves consent, if one wants to watch someone masterbate by all means but it still involves consent or it's deemed illegal.

Defecation we all do to survive, but it's something we all do in private for many reasons.

So really, can we drop these ridiculous comparisions?

And once again for all those that have missed it, we all comsume for our nourishment in public, why should this child be sent back to the shithouse?

One minute I'm appalled by this thread and the next I'm cracking up. I'm definitely having a love-hate relationship with this thread.

:lmao:

BonoVoxSupastar said:
I can't believe some would even reduce it down to a body function.

One must not spit to live, unless they are choking and in that case I really don't think anyone will fault them for it.

Sexual pleasure is something that involves consent, if one wants to watch someone masterbate by all means but it still involves consent or it's deemed illegal.

Defecation we all do to survive, but it's something we all do in private for many reasons.

So really, can we drop these ridiculous comparisions?

And once again for all those that have missed it, we all comsume for our nourishment in public, why should this child be sent back to the shithouse?

Thank you :up:.

Angela

nbcrusader said:

Perhaps I just have a different mind set, but I am conscious of minimizing my externalities (the economics term for reducing the impact on others).

Perhaps if the people who are trying to get breastfeeding out of the public eye had the same mind set, we wouldn't need this thread.

LOOK OUT BELOW!!!!

Bebe39.gif

Bebe39.gif

Bebe39.gif

:D

DrTeeth said:

Perhaps if the people who are trying to get breastfeeding out of the public eye had the same mind set, we wouldn't need this thread.

I guess the one way coversation is where all FYM thread lead....

image_1777885.jpg

Supporters outnumber opponents of buxom statue in Wellington

'The Siren' continues to cause a stir.

By DWAYNE ROBINSON

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

WELLINGTON — The sound and fury over artist Norman J. Gitzen's depiction of a voluptuous mythical siren were muted Tuesday night as more than a dozen residents and art enthusiasts came to support the sculpture some have called obscene.

To call The Siren obscene is not OK for me," said Susan Salidino, a member of the Wellington Art Society. "The Siren is no more obscene for its breasts than my fifth-grade teacher who was endowed with the largest bosom I've ever seen."

Just three residents, all who chose not to speak publicly, came to oppose The Siren, which sits outside of the Wellington Community Center where Tuesday's village council meeting was held.

No breasts in public ever!!!

This is making me sin in my heart
and I do not want to burn in hell.

You are all responsible for my salvation.

Last edited:
Dreadsox said:
So the message here...

#3 If you should have to breast feed your child in public, you should seek out the nearest shit house, so that the MEN in the public place, do not go into a masturbatory state and have to run to the other shithouse to relieve themselves.

#4 There are moral issues involved in nursing, and you have an obligation to make sure no other human mammal notices your teat. Human beings cannot control the urge to look at your breast which is why we are better than every other mammal on the planet. We hide your breasts so that caos will not ensue in the public place you are occupying.

#5 If you cannot get to the nearest shite house, you should make certain to have five layers of covering in your backpack, to cover your body, and make certain there is no accidental exposure of the cheastal area.

:lmao::lmao: That was great.

FizzingWhizzbees said:
Once again, can somoene please present some compelling arguments for preventing women breastfeeding in public places? So far all we've had is "I don't like to look at it" which is an extremely weak argument - we could all list many things we prefer not to look at...

Thankyou. I asked that question in my first or second post in this thread, have periodically asked since, and STILL am none the wiser as to what the big deal is.

deep said:
Can you read ?
Two people on this page don't want to go to hell!

If I go to hell
well then I hope I burn well
I'll spend my days with J.F.K., Marvin Gaye, Martha Raye, and Lawrence Welk
And Kurt Cobain, Kojak, Mark Twain and Jimi Hendrix's poltergeist
And Webster yeah Emmanuel Lewis 'cause he's the Anti-Christ

deep said:

No breasts in public ever!!!

This is making me sin in my heart
and I do not want to burn in hell.

You are all responsible for my salvation.

It's a bit late to be thinking of that

given your previous criticisms of George W. Bush, the personal representative of Jesus Christ on Earth.

I don't particularly want to go to hell, but maybe I'll meet more interesting people if I do. I expect I'd run into a whole bunch of politicians, that's for sure. Maybe all of us liberals have to go? If so we can have protests.:wink:

sallycinnamon78 said:
Thankyou. I asked that question in my first or second post in this thread, have periodically asked since, and STILL am none the wiser as to what the big deal is.

Same here. I'm also still confused as to why a breast bothers people, period. Nobody's answered that one, either.

Also, glad that there's a lot of support for that statue in that article deep shared. It's just a statue. The human body can be a great art form.

And if I am indeed going to hell, then I'm gonna try and meet up with a bunch of the rock stars :D. Their life stories would be quite interesting.

Will probably want to bring some sunscreen, though :p.

Angela

Who is fooling who? Religious beliefs are not at play here.

be that as it may, I was just leaving to go to City Council Chambers to support church expansion plans for a local denomination, so their believers can have larger facilities.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Hey, you're the one that wanted to go biology on us! Look a few pages back and read anitram's post. She works in a lab. If anyone knows about germs and sanitary conditions, it's her.

Yeah and like I said, are you wiping your breast across the floor and then letting the baby suck on it? It doesn't matter if the floor has bacteria on it, the kid is not eating off of the floor.

I may be wrong, but I thought deep was just trying to lighten the mood a little (as have several other people over the last few pages). We all obviously feel strongly about this and it's become quite intense.
A little diffusion now and again is a good thing, I think.

I'm off to bed fairly soon as it is heading for 4am here. Catch up with you lot later. :)

randhail said:

Yeah and like I said, are you wiping your breast across the floor and then letting the baby suck on it? It doesn't matter if the floor has bacteria on it, the kid is not eating off of the floor.

mmhmm, and I'm sure you've never had the flu or common cold, or if you have, it's only because you licked a public toilet...

randhail said:

So, you would send your sister or your wife -- who carried a child for 9 months and then went through excruciating pain to give birth to it -- into the nearest filthy, disgusting, germy, stinking public bathroom to feed their baby because you are too immature to deal with the sight of a discreetly covered breast? You really and truly think that your delicate sensibilities are more important than those of the mother and child?

Yeah and like I said, why don't you take your next burger and fries into the nearest public bathroom? As long as you don't wipe it across the floor you should enjoy it so much that you might not even notice the smell of the guy taking a crap.

Back
Top Bottom