Cheerleaders Can Display Their Breasts But Nursing Mothers Can't?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
starsforu2 said:

My inclusion of bodily practices is that spitting when no one is looking or in a trash can isn't particularly offensive, but it does bother some people to see it happen in front of them. Same with clearing throats, farting etc. So my inclusion of breast feeding is also based on the audiences reaction and not to the moral or ethical wrongness of the act.

And I think my point and probably Fizz's point as well is why should what other people think decide what's offensive and NOT the moral or ethical wrongness of the act? I think the above logic is backwards.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

And I think my point and probably Fizz's point as well is why should what other people think decide what's offensive and NOT the moral or ethical wrongness of the act? I think the above logic is backwards.

Because we do it all the time. Somethings are preferential, without being moral. It's about taking personal responsiblility for being considerate and going out of your way to be kind or non-distruptive to others. I don't know why that would not be considered the high-road instead of just saying that this is natural, the rest of you all deal with it.

starsforu2 said:

Because we do it all the time. Somethings are preferential, without being moral. It's about taking personal responsiblility for being considerate and going out of your way to be kind or non-distruptive to others. I don't know why that would not be considered the high-road instead of just saying that this is natural, the rest of you all deal with it.

But we're talking about FEEDING A BABY, ok? We're not talking about bodily functions that may be completely normal and natural but gross to most people. Why must feeding a baby be compared to spitting and farting?! This is really quite astonishing.

starsforu2 said:

Because we do it all the time. Somethings are preferential, without being moral. It's about taking personal responsiblility for being considerate and going out of your way to be kind or non-distruptive to others.

OK, I'm going to look at it from your point of view then - if seeing a woman nurse is inconsiderate and disruptive, a screaming baby is somehow a better, less-disruptive situation? And this is somehow more considerate to the CHILD as well?

If you go back and read what he said to begin with he stated that he thought women should just be discreet, not forced to breastfeed somewhere else.
Of course Im going to defend him because he's my husband, but I think that he was trying to make the point that even breastfeeding mothers should be considerate to the people around them.
Like not just yanking out their boob in front of everybody, but at least keeping it partially covered :shrug:

A bare exposed breast would be disruptive in public, I believe. I would have a hard time not noticing, and then feeling bad because Ive just stared at this woman trying to feed her baby
A quietly nursing mother with part of her shirt over her breast is not.

How many breast feeding mothers have you seen just whip it out there for the world to see.....Give me a break.

Good GRIEF! This thread is amazing.....

joyfulgirl said:

But we're talking about FEEDING A BABY, ok? We're not talking about bodily functions that may be completely normal and natural but gross to most people. Why must feeding a baby be compared to spitting and farting?! This is really quite astonishing.

:lmao: sheesh, reactions run high! Look my whole and solitary point is that women should cover it up for no other reason than it would be more courteous than to not cover up. I think motherhood is beautiful, but I still don't want to see someone else's breast while they're are feeding their baby. And I think it's incumbent upon the mother to try to cover up instead of making the rest of us turn our heads.

-- Gotta go, I hope noone was "Truly" offended --

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
OK, but I'm having a really hard time understanding what is so "disruptive" about breastfeeding.....

I think most men want to keep breasts as a sexual body part, and keep it to themselves. Seeing a woman breastfeed destroys this vision.

I think that's how we get the "nice rack" comment made earlier and randhail's opposition only in sport's arenas. Seeing a woman breastfeed destroys the myth and steals from the testosterone level of a football game.

So the message here...

#1 Women...breast feeding your baby is important and better for your child and you are a sucky mother if you do not do it.

#2 While breast feeding you should plan on only being away from the safe room in your house, where there is NO CHANCE of your breast being exposed to the general public, for an hour and a half.

#3 If you should have to breast feed your child in public, you should seek out the nearest shit house, so that the MEN in the public place, do not go into a masturbatory state and have to run to the other shithouse to relieve themselves.

#4 There are moral issues involved in nursing, and you have an obligation to make sure no other human mammal notices your teat. Human beings cannot control the urge to look at your breast which is why we are better than every other mammal on the planet. We hide your breasts so that caos will not ensue in the public place you are occupying.

#5 If you cannot get to the nearest shite house, you should make certain to have five layers of covering in your backpack, to cover your body, and make certain there is no accidental exposure of the cheastal area.

Last edited:
As a counterpoint, I might say that having women breastfeeding probably wont destroy the "myth" of the breast as a sexual object.
I believe its both a necessary body part and also something to attract the other sex.
its not like us women are doing anything to dispel the notion that its a sexual body part. We buy pushup bras and breast implants to attract men's attention.
personally, if I was going to breastfeed which I probably will someday, I would prefer to be discreet about it rather than be oggled by people, or make them uncomfortable.
Then again, I feel uncomfortable just sporting cleavage on any given day :laugh:

I seriously think that is the problem...

Men would lose the sexual object......and it bothers them.

Bring a rain coat to the bedroom......cause brother.....you cannot avoid how de-sexitized they become.....

Dread, that was too funny! :lol:

I would just like to suggest that anyone who thinks a shithouse, as Dread put it, is a fine place to feed a baby should take their Big Mac and fries to the nearest one, "make a little nest" (didn't somebody say something like that?), and enjoy.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

I think most men want to keep breasts as a sexual body part, and keep it to themselves. Seeing a woman breastfeed destroys this vision.

I was thinking that too, it's nice to hear a guy say that

It sort of shocks me that younger people have "issues" with this, no offense of course, but it is surprising. I would have thought it would be just the opposite.

And I'd also like to add someone finally made a long thread on here that had to do w/ breasts other than Dreadsox. I will take my payment in twenties :D

Last edited:
MrsSpringsteen said:

And I'd also like to add someone finally made a long thread on here that had to do w/ breasts other than Dreadsox. I will take my payment in twenties :D

Ummm... I do have an oral fixation...:wink:

u2bonogirl said:
if I was going to breastfeed which I probably will someday, I would prefer to be discreet about it rather than be oggled by people, or make them uncomfortable.
Then again, I feel uncomfortable just sporting cleavage on any given day :laugh:

When you give birth in a room with your knees three feet apart for about a half a dozen strangers getting a good view and a number of them sticking their nitrile gloved hands into your dilated vagina, I think you might think about discretion a bit differently, lol.

:lol:

After all women go through to have babies, they should be able to feed them anywhere they need to.

anitram said:

When you give birth in a room with your knees three feet apart for about a half a dozen strangers getting a good view and a number of them sticking their nitrile gloved hands into your dilated vagina, I think you might think about discretion a bit differently, lol.

:crazy:
Eek. Thank heavens for seasonale :bow:

Back
Top Bottom