Cheerios

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
From the Erie Times-News

Cereal box takes aim at Saddam

By David Bruce
david.bruce@timesnews.com

Cheerios targets cholesterol, not Middle East dictators.

But someone in the Erie area used a box of Cheerios to send a bizarre message to Saddam Hussein Sunday.

A stockman discovered the slightly crushed box of cereal, with package text in Hebrew, at the Summit Township Wal-Mart store about 1:30 p.m. Sunday.

The cereal box, discovered in a garbage can near the store's entrance, had a note taped to it that read, in English: "Tell Saddam we will bring this over in person very soon."

"As soon as we discovered the box, we moved it to a secure location and notified authorities," said Wal-Mart assistant manager Shawn Thomas, who worked Sunday. "With everything that has happened over the past year, year and a half, you can't be too careful."

State police determined that the box contained nothing but cereal and advised Thomas to throw it out. A Wal-Mart district supervisor inspected the box Sunday and said the same thing.

"Our main concern was making sure our customers and associates were safe," said Thomas. The store intended to dispose of the box Monday.

Neither police nor the store know where the cereal box came from or who left it at the store. Local Wal-Mart stores do not sell cereals with Hebrew text.

Cheerios, made by General Mills, is distributed worldwide in a joint venture with Nestle. Cereal boxes with Hebrew text are sold in Israel.

Hebrew-text cereals sometimes wind up at local Big Lots stores, which purchase many of its products in bulk at a discount. Representatives of two local Big Lots stores said they are not currently selling any boxes of Cheerios with Hebrew text.

Whoever wrote the note does not share the same beliefs of most Jews or Israeli supporters, said Rabbi Leonard Lifshen.

"We hope that the current crisis with Iraq ends in peace and doesn't lead to war," said Lifshen, spiritual leader of Congregation Brith Sholom, 3207 State St. "Israel will be at the short end of the stick if it comes to war. Remember, Iraq lobbed missiles at Israel during the Gulf War."
bilde

note: i only find this funny since the box only contained the cereal...

ooh, what were they gonna do? lower his cholesterol to death?! :laugh: :lmao:

it'll be the new comeback..."why i oughta...LOWER YOUR CHOLESTEROL!!!" :mad: :laugh:

Last edited:
I know of another health benefit of Cheerios which could possibly be used against Saddam, but it is not appropriate to mention.

~U2Alabama

Did you know Cheerios has more sugar than honey and more salt than nuts?

anitram said:
Did you know Cheerios has more sugar than honey and more salt than nuts?

aha, we're getting somewhere :)

this is the funniest part:

Whoever wrote the note does not share the same beliefs of most Jews or Israeli supporters, said Rabbi Leonard Lifshen.

i'm picturing this huge crowd of israelis bearing boxes of cheerios through Bagdad...

is there some symbolism here that i'm missing?

U2Bama said:
I know of another health benefit of Cheerios which could possibly be used against Saddam, but it is not appropriate to mention.

~U2Alabama

Fiber?

For added effect, you could throw in some bananas with the cereal.

Back
Top Bottom