Chaney won't give the papers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2live

The Fly
You give those papers Chaney, now! Where's Ken Starr when we need him, and Linda Trip and her tape recorder, and that weird "literary agent" woman. Chaney seems to have forgotten he works for us! He's our employee. Since there hasn't been a foot long diatribe on here in a while about how Bush walks on water, I'll step up to the plate and post this. Flame away.

Good For Him.. And I think diatribe is an overused word to try and be a funny and witty synonym for 'long big arguments that are just full of shit'... I'd substitute it for Drivel, or check Rogets for the latest Hot Topic Word.

L.Unplugged

Originally posted by U2live:
You give those papers Chaney, now!

, I'll step up to the plate and post this. Flame away.

It's Cheney, not Chaney
smile.gif

why not? probably because like most politicians, he's dishonest and self-serving; the same people who condemned Clinton for his lies and deception, are beginning to reveal their own hypocrisy

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
why not? probably because like most politicians, he's dishonest and self-serving; the same people who condemned Clinton for his lies and deception, are beginning to reveal their own hypocrisy

What is at stake here is not a dishonest politician hiding something, I highly doubt there is even anything incriminating in the papers or what not they're suing Cheney for.. Anyways, I'll post up an article or three outlining corrupt things that did happen between the White House and Enron.. DURING THE CLINTON ADMINISTRATION...

What is at stake is the ability for Congress to be able to get anything and everything they want, I've posted this before, the GAO is in danger of becoming Congress's Attack Dog, Congress can just ask for something and then they'll get, regardless of their motivation, regardless if there is NO EVIDENCE THAT ANYTHING WAS DONE WRONG.

L.Unplugged

Lemonite, I'm not interested in your defense of the Bush Administration on the basis that, "hey, Clinton was just as bad"

please, save that for the talk shows...

but it is really refreshing that you "highly doubt" there is any culpability here on the part of Cheney and the Bush Administration
smile.gif

and no, what's really at stake is our government and its accountability, or lack thereof; it sickens me that this has become more and more about political power plays and less and less about the people who were abused by Enron, and making sure something like this never happens again, but maybe I am missing something... ?

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
Lemonite, I'm not interested in your defense of the Bush Administration on the basis that, "hey, Clinton was just as bad"

please, save that for the talk shows...

but it is really refreshing that you "highly doubt" there is any culpability here on the part of Cheney and the Bush Administration

Well it's good to know that you set the tone of what is interesting to people, and how it should be written, However, the latest Enron/Clinton Scandals just came out like two days ago so I doubt that many people have even heard of them, hence the inclusion of the fact that there were things out now.. And I was never defending the Bush Admin. by comparing them to Clinton... I was just touting the latest evidence that there was some deep shit between Enron/Clinton. Check the news reports.. They're now out there.

And maybe Cheney did do something wrong, maybe not, at the moment there is no proof that he and the administration did anything wrong, and yes i'll include hence again, hence the reason why Cheney is holding back the papers, Now, if there were serious allegations or there was proof that Cheney did something Illegal, then I would be the first one yelling for him to turn over his papers et al, and you can state that this GAO issue is about such and such a thing just as much as I can, so you should strike the 'really' from your quote.. But I'm going to stick by the whole point of what the situation is really about in my earlier post, because, again, there is no evidence of ANY foul play if you can call it that, and because there is nothing there, I don't think that the GAO should just be able to ask for anything and everything jsut because they want it. It's not that difficult of a concept to understand.

I'm all for Government being held accountable, However, when there is no proof that any wrongdoing occured or any inkling of the sorts, then there's no reason to sit here and try and prove that he did something wrong. That's an abuse of power.

L.Unplugged

[This message has been edited by Lemonite (edited 02-23-2002).]

Originally posted by Lemonite:
What is at stake is the ability for Congress to be able to get anything and everything they want

They should be able to. It is called "checks and balances." It was built in to prevent one branch from becoming too powerful. Right now, there is too much power concentrated in the executive branch. Congress is doing exactly what it was intended to do: check the executive branch against corruption.

regardless if there is NO EVIDENCE THAT ANYTHING WAS DONE WRONG.

Well, it is kind of hard to determine if anything was done wrong, when the VP is withholding a lot of the potential evidence!

C'mon...I think you can be a fairly rational individual. You know that this needs to be done. You certainly wouldn't be crying this if this same situation was in the Clinton Administration. In fact, I know you wouldn't. He was impeached by the Republicans, remember?

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Originally posted by melon:
Well, it is kind of hard to determine if anything was done wrong, when the VP is withholding a lot of the potential evidence!

Lemonite: I agree on this point, but at the same time, like I wrote above, the evidence that is out there, the various phone calls and responses, paint a picture that absolutely nothing was given to Enron, no aid was presented... So, who's to believe that the information being held is foul, or illegal.

And I understand about the checks and balances, but there's no inkling that anything needs to be checked, Cheney is right about the fact that there is information that the VP/P need in order to make decisions, and maybe that information is not for the general public.. I know you'll chime back saying that they're dictatoring this country, but If there was evidence of wrong doing out there, I'm not so sure that they'd be resisting the call for information et al..Or at least the republican party.

Like I said, the GAO is setting the precedent that anything and everything should be made available.. Read below for more..

Melon

Lemonite:
I think that I'm being very rational on this aspect, very logical.. And like I said, if information comes out that something did occur wrong, or there was business like foul play, then I'll be the first to admit that this needs to be done.

I just don't like the possibility of setting a Constitutional precedent over something where the is so very little at stake, and very possibly.. nothing at stake..

L.Unplugged

[This message has been edited by Lemonite (edited 02-23-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom