Certain transport fire-exits.....................questionable?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
Have you looked at the 'Fire-exit' on any transport you normally take and thought they didnt look correct? By this I mean the size of the door or esp the back or front of a seat running in front of it by 2 inches.............reason I ask is cause yesterday as I dont have a car yet, getting the bus home.....I passed an area near Short Strand where 5 gun shots where fired closeby, this made me nervous and considered that in an emergency with the bus gettin attacked whatever, if ur not near the front, exit through 'Fire-door'................and on looking, the door is smaller in width and has the back of a seat running over it by 2 inches.....and I was thinkin........'imagine a whole pile of pple trying to get out and having to angle themselves quickly'..........how many seconds are u wasting. Esp if if if there was a fire......ur bag gettin caught round in trying to rescue it..?

The other thing was I watched this program on aaaaages ago where pple were going around checking fire-exits in planes and it particular there was one with the seat in front of it by what, 3 inches giving little extra room! In fact, I think a lot are like that (this is correct right?) and it was put to them about saftey and the arms of the seats etc being an obstruction in an emergency and it was said by management of airline comps that removing or moving the seat further away costs too much money..........

I dont know the exits for trains or boats............I should.......prob very obvious ones...........but as a nearby exit...:shrug:

now.........what is ur opinion......do u think they should make more room and make them bigger? After all when entering a plane there is no obstruction.....(and I aint been on a plane for a loooooong time so someone here might belt my ass for bein ridiculous and u are right to do so :D).

or do u think its pointless, in ur opinion, cause emergencies are very very rare, really......in any transport......

but this has more to do with fire, or cause to stop and get pple off quickly NOT tragic accidents (if some of u think that)........

Im only askin..............do u feel safe enough.......

I know last night I didn't.........but then, it could be as simple as opening and running.

(but I may be over the top with this thread...in which case, I apologise.)

Back
Top Bottom