Caravan of Death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scarletwine

New Yorker
I know I've plugged this channel before and will admit the political commentary is lefty, however they have the best documentaries I've seen in years. PBS and 60 minutes when they were on the cutting edge.

This even has a U2 connection and was a brilliant program

WorldlinkTv:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/correspondent/1124506.stm
Chilean judge Juan Guzman this week interrogated Chile's former military ruler, General Augusto Pinochet. The questions centred on the actions of a military squad, known as the Caravan of Death.
Isabel Hilton meets the man who believes he can put Pinochet on trial.

In November 2000 I returned to Chile to retrace the route of the Caravan of Death, the subject of our film and the basis of the case against Pinochet, talking to the families of the victims, most still crippled by grief, 27 years later.

I love this channel and have seen the most insightful documentaries on an amazing array of subjects. From SA shaman medicinal learning (amazing), gov't sponsored rain forest cutting, behind arranged marriages, and a womens jeep race with a Palestinian and Israeli women team.

It was heartwarming to watch some of the "Mothers of the Disappeared" finally getting closure.

If you have a great station, please pass it on.

edited to add this:
A report about the human rights violations General Augusto Pinochet, Chile?s former military ruler, and the judge who hopes to put him on trial. The filmmakers retrace the route of the Caravan of Death, a military squad used by Pinochet to terrorize his political opponents, to talk to the families of the victims, most still crippled by grief 27 years later. WorldLink TV Spotlight is hosted by Mark Hertsgaard.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom