Cannot believe how that American cop acted......!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
diamond said:
Ok fine Fizzing and deep.
Next time your car breaks down in the gheto call a gangbanger for help.
Oake dok;)
thank u-
DB9
:lol:

I don't own a car, diamond. But if I did and it broke down then I believe I'd call the AA or RAC, rather than the police.

I don't understand why you find any criticism of the police so unacceptable. Yes, they provide an important service, but this doesn't mean they're above reproach. By this logic we would also fail to condemn sexual abuse in the church, or teachers who assault their pupils.

My old pal Zone.. I think I've found the latest species of prey for you to hunt down and warn her of a nice forkful of Humble Pie to drop right in her shorts one of these days.. Our Dearest Fizzing.. I think she's fits the bill pretty perfectly.

L.Unplugged

Just a recent Editorial on Maxine Water's Ineptness..

EIB:

One of the things I love about this job is that you just never know what's going to happen next. Well, we were treated to one of those delectably fun moments recently, courtesy of Democratic California Congresswoman Maxine Waters.

Waters appeared Monday at a House hearing on the WorldCom accounting errors, and let's just say she'll make a good candidate for any political blooper shows out there. Waters identified the investment banking company Salomon Smith Barney as Salomon Barney Frank. What made it funny was that she didn't even blink. Completely oblivious to her error, she kept on talking. Meanwhile, everyone behind her was trying not to laugh, but they couldn't control themselves and it distracted her. She finally abandoned the prepared text and went to the Democrat playbook, giving her usual spiel of the little people getting screwed by the rich.

Last edited:
Lemonite said:
My old pal Zone.. I think I've found the latest species of prey for you to hunt down and warn her of a nice forkful of Humble Pie to drop right in her shorts one of these days.. Our Dearest Fizzing.. I think she's fits the bill pretty perfectly.

Lemonite,
If you'd like to discuss politics then I'd be perfectly happy to do so. However, from our recent discussions both in private messages and on this forum, I'm led to believe that you're more interested in petty personal conflicts than the real issues involved. If I'm mistaken about this and you are serious about discussing politics without resorting to jokes or insults then I apologise and I'm willing to participate in any reasonable discussion.

However, please don't send me any more private messages, I found your last message offensive and I've no desire to continue such conversation. There should be no problem with any discussion between us being held in a public forum.

Thanks for your time,
*Fizz.

diamond, ehh, let's not resort to saying things like that. what you said reminded me of the time i was standing outside waiting at a grocery store for my dad on christmas eve and they were closing up. i was talking to one of the managers as he was standing by the entrance telling them they were closed. one guy walked up (mind you, this is like 7 or 8 at night, shouldn't these people have bought their christmas dinner long before now?) and he turned him away. the guy immaturely retorted, "next time you have a robbery, you'll see how fast we (the police) get here." same goes for you, lemonite. weren't you the person who told me about a month ago you didn't make personal attacks? :tsk:

anyway, everything is really speculation until the suveillance tapes are released to the public, so we can see what happened beforehand. but regardless, beating a minor while he is freaking HANDCUFFED is inexcusable. i don't care if the minor turned around and opened fire, that's just not right. especially for officers of the law, who are supposed to be protecting us. since he'd already put a person into a coma, it sounds to me like this cop is one of those abusers of the law. you know, everyone has run into someone like this. maybe not a cop, but someone who abuses the power that's been given to them. i've seen cops turn around and turn on their lights and sirens just to go through a red light because they don't feel like waiting. and trust me, i ended up being able to see them for quite a long time to know they weren't trying to catch up to someone speeding or something. hell, my mom got into a horrible accident over 30 years ago with a cop who ran a red light who had no business being out of the office. he ended up getting fired. but i digress.

as many others have said, especially deep (great post! btw), that i can't believe some people don't at the very least think perhaps this cop did overstep his authority. maybe he was a bit too harsh. i can understand why our mere saying these things don't persuade you to change your mind, i'm just hoping that maybe once the other tapes see the public eye, that it is realized by everyone how horrible of a crime it was. whether it was racial or whatever really doesn't matter. i don't care if it was a 16 year old black male, a 30 year old white female, or an 85 year old asian male. it's a horrible thing to do.

on the flip side, i am interested in hearing the kid's side of the story. why did he feel the need to start going at the cop? all they were doing was being pulled over for expired tags and his father having a suspended license. i wonder if he was trying to hide something. this is one story i'm going to be fairly interested in watching the facts unfold.

Re: Racism in LA.

diamond said:
BAW True racism exists in So.Cal.:yes:

I grew up next to Watts in the city South Gate.:)
For a white kid this was tough. :(

IAM AGAINST POLICE BRUTALITY ALSO
HOWEVER, I WILL SAY THIS-

Perspective ppl.
Thanks.:)

Peace

DB9
:idea:
:cool:

Private messages are just that.. PRIVATE.

They are not to be discussed on the board, no matter who you are.

People have been banned for this. If you have something to say to someone about their private messages, tell them in private.

FizzingWhizzbees said:

Lemonite,
If you'd like to discuss politics then I'd be perfectly happy to do so. However, from our recent discussions both in private messages and on this forum, I'm led to believe that you're more interested in petty personal conflicts than the real issues involved. If I'm mistaken about this and you are serious about discussing politics without resorting to jokes or insults then I apologise and I'm willing to participate in any reasonable discussion.

However, please don't send me any more private messages, I found your last message offensive and I've no desire to continue such conversation. There should be no problem with any discussion between us being held in a public forum.

Thanks for your time,
*Fizz.

I find this interesting.. 'Personal Conflicts'.. I never use such tactics, only Ideas.. 'Strict Blind Idealism' is what is under question here.

I won't comment on anything else, as PM conversations are just that .. Private.. You've stepped in some shit there dear.

Lighten up kid,
L.Unplugged

Last edited:
Re: Racism in LA.

Originally posted by diamond LEST WE FOR GET ...HERE IT IS AGAIN-
IAM AGAINST POLICE BRUTALITY
[BTrue racism exists in So.Cal:(

I grew up next to Watts in the city South Gate.:(

IAM AGAINST POLICE BRUTALITY ALSO
HOWEVER, I WILL SAY THIS-
Again-
IAM AGAINST POLICE BRUTALITY.
Hope this clears any misconceptions.

Perspective ppl.
Thanks.:)

Peace

DB9
:idea: [/B]

Last edited:
The Wanderer said:
I have no idea why on earth anyone would want to be an inner-city cop in the United States, if you over-react to a situation you are persecuted, if you under-react you are lying on your back in the morgue

these guys have one of the most dangerous and most difficult jobs in the world, let's get all the facts before we sentence these fellars

you forgot to mention that thier pay is shit(e) too (at least until they get some rank under their belts)

Or sould i say their pay dosen't reflect the dangers they go up against daily

diamond said:
Maddie-
Welcome to our Jungle;).

Seriously-
Perspective is needed here:idea:

Before the event was being recorded..

What did the young fella do to provoke the officer?:adam:
Did he just blow the head off of a 98 yr old woman?
Did he spit in the officer's face?
Perspective.
or
Did the officer not get enough lovin from mama at home..making him a shitty day, or serve bad coffee at the local donut house..?;)

Lets not rush to judgement..

DB9:cool:

dear mr diamond:

Perspective???????? It doesn't matter what this young fellow may have done to provoke Officer Morse before he was handcuffed...his conduct as a police officer was reprehensible. Period. End of debate. When the cuff's are on and the suspect is under control that's it...no further force is necessary. Police manuals teach this.

My goodness...how can ANYONE justify this cop's actions...even the former chief of internal affairs of the D.C. police department said this afternoon on CNN that had the suspect spit on Officer Morse that still would not justify, quantify, rationalize, warrant, etc etc his conduct!

Honestly mr diamond, if you are somehow suggesting that Officer Morse's actions were acceptable based on how this 16 year old, mentally challenged youth acted towards him PRIOR to the cuffs being slapped on him than that scares me. It doesn't matter. The kid was cuffed. In fact, news reports today indicate he was freakin' UNCONSCIOUS...until the enraged Officer Morse went ballistic and slammed his head against the car! And the punch to the head...you can't honestly defend that and still sleep at night...can you?

diamond...even your righteous brother on the right Sean Hannity (one of the most scarriest men in America) of Fox News went so far as to say the officer's actions were "disturbing" , "troubling" and "inexcusable".

Perspective??????? None required in this case. The officer's actions speak for themself and are disgusting.

Rush to judgement??????? Hardly. America doesn't need any hot headed cops with anger management problems policing our streets.

:mad: :mad:

Brother Someone-
Its been settled.
Bad Coffee..Mr PoliceMan was a victim of bad coffee;)

Just kidding:(
It was wrong ..
Sincerely-
DB9
:larry:

I was surprised to find this topic on the forum, as police brutality is so common here.
This was bad, but not nearly as bad as it gets. Nearly everyone is suspicious of cops here, and rightly so.
I avoid them, although I have run into a few very sweet and funny ones lately, like the traffic cop who "threatened" to give me a ticket the other day for walking too fast! ;).
But you cant trust them.

And there is much racism torwards whites as well as blacks.

This cop should of course be fired, but its important to remember that there are sooooo many cases much worse than this one that we dont even here about...

Wow, I'm surprised the story was reported in countries other than the US- it must give everyone a real nice view of the US! :tsk:

Anyway, it's a shame that some cops abuse their authority like this. And we only ever hear about the brutality that was caught on tape- just think of how many instances go unreported because there's no real evidence. Like Wanderer said, I really don't know why anyone would want to be a cop in an area like that. They're brave for taking on those jobs- maybe they hope to make a difference, but it seems like it's only getting worse.

Giant Lemon said:
Wow, I'm surprised the story was reported in countries other than the US- it must give everyone a real nice view of the US! :tsk:

hey...like I said in my earlier post...at least now its being reported ...there was a time within my memory when stuff like this would get swept under the carpet completely....no one would know....

Its out in the open now...and they can't hide. I think its good the world knows...no more secrets..

dream wanderer

Bono's American Wife said:

This is one of the few "cop myths" that my husband will admit to ;)

LOL- when was the last time you heard of a donut shop being robbed? Those places are the safest, best "patroled" businesses in the world.:yes:

UPDATE ON CNN.
The cops Attorney said-

His client -the cop, after grappling w the young feller and being assaulted TWICE and receiving injuries on his neck and face,(blood on cop's face) the suspect still refused to co-operate w/the police.

When they brought him to the trunk of the squad car he PURPOSELY buckled his legs and REFUSED to STAND UP STRIAGHT.
:confused:
His inaction and REFUSAL to obey a lawful request forced the policeman to be firmer and they had to lift him and pushed him hard onto the trunk.

Sometimes I see they things on NYPD..oh dear.:lol:

While this was occuring the suspect PUNCHED THE POLICEMAN in the GROIN w/one of his hancuffed hands:ohmy:
This is when the policeman that had the bad coffee slugged him.:ohmy:

Never hit any fellow in the nuts esp when youre going to jail.

Again ppl lets NOT rush to judgement...
Thank You-
DB9

Angela Harlem said:
The use of force doesn't have to be violent Diamond. It is called restraint.
So does anyone really know what happened yet?
Angela

Angela-
If you read the whole thread, both sides of the story are contained there:idea:
Also read the related thread on the videotaper being arrested:idea:
It might shed some more light for you.:idea:

I still say you should NEVER hit another fellow in THE NUTS as it causes INVOLUNTARY VOILENT reactions, esp when the fellow w/the crunched NUTS is an a position of authority.

DB9

I think it terrible how some cops treat people, but as long as people dont say anything about the way that were treated nothing is going to ever happen and even if they did nothing would happen because people wouldnt believe the person any ways.

diamond said:
UPDATE ON CNN.
The cops Attorney said-

His client -the cop, after grappling w the young feller and being assaulted TWICE and receiving injuries on his neck and face,(blood on cop's face) the suspect still refused to co-operate w/the police.

When they brought him to the trunk of the squad car he PURPOSELY buckled his legs and REFUSED to STAND UP STRIAGHT.
:confused:
His inaction and REFUSAL to obey a lawful request forced the policeman to be firmer and they had to lift him and pushed him hard onto the trunk.

Sometimes I see they things on NYPD..oh dear.:lol:

While this was occuring the suspect PUNCHED THE POLICEMAN in the GROIN w/one of his hancuffed hands:ohmy:
This is when the policeman that had the bad coffee slugged him.:ohmy:

Never hit any fellow in the nuts esp when youre going to jail.

Again ppl lets NOT rush to judgement...
Thank You-
DB9

Refusing to stand after being handcuffed is quite common and an officer is trained to handle this, with APPROPRIATE force.

The officer's own attorney gave an interview last night and said the suspect "squeezed" the officer's testicles...not punched.

A retired LAPD captain has revied the tape and said in his opinion, it would have been very unlikely for the suspcect to have grabbed the officer's testicles at the angle the suspect was laying and from where the officer was standing.

Did you also see on the tape where the officer lifted his fist to punch the suspect a second time but the other officers restrained him?

And on a side note...Even though I think the officer was completely wrong and overstepped his authority, I don't think the 16 year old deserves millions of dollars for this ie. the federal lawsuit filed yesterday. I also think that today's planned march, headed by the Rev. Dr. Al Sharpton is going to hurt the kid's case more than it will help it.

, with APPROPRIATE force.

The officer's own attorney gave an interview last night and said the suspect "squeezed" the officer's testicles...not punched.

Did you also see on the tape where the officer lifted his fist to punch the suspect a second time but the other officers restrained him?

, I don't think the 16 year old deserves millions of dollars for this ie. the federal lawsuit filed yesterday. I also think that today's planned march, headed by the Rev. Dr. Al Sharpton is going to hurt the kid's case more than it will help it.

Bonos Am Wife-

Things like this happen sometimes when you get near a fellow's genitals. Its a unvolutaring action for some of us guys.. He shouldnt bumped groped or unintenionally grazed his privates.;)

Also-
IT IS CLEARLY TRANSPARENT HERE about the suspect's motives are..ie-..MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR lawsuit.:ohmy:
Are you ppl getting the picture yet?
Only in America.
Thanks-
Db9

Last edited:

I also think that today's planned march, headed by the Rev. Dr. Al Sharpton is going to hurt the kid's case more than it will help it.

The Gen. Rev. Dr. Mrs. Philosophical Idiot Sharpton always hurts the case. And no it's not just his nappy hair.

L.Unplugged

Ah....yes......Ok. Diamond, i have indeed read this entire thread. All I have read though are 2 sides to the story. Conflicting supporting articles for whoever it is in favour of. Doesn't equal the truth.

And please, please dont tell me a kick/hit/pinch/punch in the Jatz Crackers justifies a violent reaction. Bloody hell you guys are big skirts, you'd fair dinkum swear to God you lot (the male species) are the only ones to have such a highly sensitive area.

From all the reports that have been presented, I'd say the kid was wrong with a few things and so was the cop.

Re: Cop, it comes back to restraint.

From what I have seen of the video, the police officer used too much force. Also, I believe they only pulled up the warrants on the photographer to get back at him for happening to film it. I am curious as to why the police departments wanted the original videotape IMMEDIATELY after the incident occurred? Did they want to erase it? That is a bit suspicious to me.

That being said, let me warn ALL of you if you ever meet me in person: DO NOT EVER TOUCH ME IN THAT BIOLOGICAL AREA. It ALWAYS incites a violent, reflexive reaction from me and you are likely to get kicked, punched, etc., I don't care if you are Bono, the Pope, or Barney the Dinosaur - I will automatically do something to hurt you. I am not a cop so you cannot use any of those "LAW" charges against me. It is stupid (and cheap) for a suspect to attack that area and not expect SOME retribution.

~U2Alabama

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom