Candid Yearbook Photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
Personally I think "regrets and mistakes" is a good idea. Wow, yearbooks have come a long way since I was in hs :wink:

Yearbook photos ignite storm
Pictures show students drinking, smoking marijuana
The Associated Press
Updated: 9:43 p.m. ET May 27, 2007

CONIFER, Colo. - Most likely to succeed? Try most likely to go to jail.

The yearbook for the high school in this mountain town near Denver published photos of students smoking marijuana and drinking beer, drawing the ire of parents and administrators.

Hannah Fredrickson, the senior who served as yearbook editor, said she regrets not balancing the yearbook pictures of teenagers smoking pot with pictures of non-drug users. She also said she is sorry about not warning her principal.

But she said people need to know what is going on.

“The point of the yearbook entirely is to cover what happens in the year,” she told KCNC TV. “You’d be surprised at how many children at Conifer High School smoke pot. I wanted to push more for a deeper side of Conifer, which, for a lot of students, is drugs and alcohol,”

The Jefferson County School District began an investigation after parents complained, and the school has offered to take back yearbooks and refund payments.

“There were some things ... that I don’t feel that I can defend. There were some pictures and quotes that I do believe have crossed the line,” acting Principal Pat Termin said.

Students were shown holding a bong and exhaling smoke in a section labeled “Health — addicted addictions.” Three female students — all identified — are shown holding citations for underage drinking in a second titled “Regrets and mistakes.”

Amy McTague, the teacher who supervises the yearbook production, sent a letter of apology to parents.

“It wasn’t my intent or my students’ intent to portray such a negative tone in their attempt to cover all aspects of a students’ life and some of the very difficult choices they face,” she wrote.

“My editor and I have discussed at length and have agreed that there was no balance on the pages that are of concern and that some elements are completely inappropriate. These issues detract from the many wonderful things that are included in this book.”

The only non school function photos we had in our yearbooks were our senior ads and they were pretty straight forward as to what would be allowed.

U2democrat said:
I got "Most likely to run for public office"...shocking I know :wink:

:ohmy:

:sexywink:

There are some drunk photos of me and my friends in our yearbook, but they were taken at school dances (and the teachers didn't know we were boozed). :whistle::angel:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

psst... yea, they probably did...

I'm sure they figured it out after the 3rd or 4th dance we showed up to.

We just got pretty good at acting like we weren't :shh:

I remember the year before I graduated there was a big stink because in the photo collage section of the yearbook there was a picture that had several students with beer bottles in hand and there was a "Ron Burgundy with his pleated pants"-esque picture as well....

*cough* dressed up as MacPhisto for my senior pic..that was in november..last month..2 days before the yearbook deadline the yearbook teacher called me yelling at me for my pic..so for a day it was me and my mum with the principal and superintendent yelling on the phone about the pic..they say there arent allowed any offthewall pics allowed..but i have other yearbooks with worse pics of kids as goth..so *cough* they made me get my pic redun..so no maccy tanner..grr:madspit:

Back
Top Bottom