Canadian exchange troops and so forth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
as everyone knows we are not participating in this war

however, the US ambassador to Canada said it is ironic since our 2 or 3 frigates in the persian gulf are doing more to aid the war than most of the 45 or so members of the coalition.
They are not fighting, but they are part of the mission Apollo which Canada is still fully supporting. They are in the gulf and are there as protective measures.

Before the war started we also sent 30 soldiers to the US in the middle east as part of an exchange program. They are in iraq now...the government will not say exactly where or if they are in direct combat, but they're there. There's a big debate in parliament now with the NDP and the Block Quebecois wanting to haul those troops out of it since it makes it seem like we're not standing behind out position 100%

thoughts?

I don't like it when we have to be either For or Against, conservative or liberal, Republican or Democrat. Some issues are fluid. Only a blockheaded closed mind never looks at the other side or tries to understand. On many controversial issues -- both sides are right! I don't think any country ever had a better neighbor than Canada!

it's all relative I suppose

Over here living is so much better and we are used to near perfect relations
now this happens and canadians are all worried about US/Canada relations. Investors are pulling out.
I'm assuming many many countires would love to have a peaceful, friendly country at their border!

I really hope the US can be mature about this and not damage trade or anything...it's a big worry over here, though I'm sure it won't be such a big deal

Smokey said:
I don't like it when we have to be either For or Against, conservative or liberal, Republican or Democrat. Some issues are fluid. Only a blockheaded closed mind never looks at the other side or tries to understand. On many controversial issues -- both sides are right! I don't think any country ever had a better neighbor than Canada!

Hey, I like this post! Thanks! You speak for this U.S. citizen perfectly. To me this is a very complicated problem and any attempt to make it simple is just plain fallacious.

Back
Top Bottom