Canada will sign Kyoto - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2002, 06:10 PM   #41
I serve MacPhisto

Local Time: 09:10 PM
Oh Nevermind.

I will remain FREE

I have my heart, my soul, my spirit, and my beliefs.

You can never take that away from me.

I AM FREE, this place is NOT!

I shall rise above the pity and soar amongst my dreams

I AM FREE

you can have this place

Old 09-08-2002, 06:18 PM   #42
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:10 AM
You're leaving us?

Old 09-08-2002, 06:51 PM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by z edge

1) I am a troll?

2) I have given 7 years of my life in service to YOUR country for YOUR safety and the safety of YOUR family. I have been in 2 buildings that have been blown up by terrorists, and I currently work in a facility with my continued service that is a terrorist target.

I have a sister and her new husband who both serve the military, and many cousins who do as well.

I would have gladly given my life for you or any other American to make our country safer. I have had a lot of remorse in my own heart that I was considered a protector of this country and that older citizens and children looked up to me, yet we were attacked and innocent civilians lost their lives while their families mourn and I am still around, a protector of this crap safe and sound.

3) And you have gone out of your way to extinguish my opinion with a threat, calling me a troll and accusing me of having motives.

4) Yet it is acceptable for other members to call me:

a coward
murderous
blasphemous
wish me to be bombed

and attack my beliefs:

Bush = Hitler
Republicans committ murder/ genocide on the elderly and the poor
my religion is blasphemy

5) and one MOD in particular publicly curses at me?

6) Every time I bring this to your attention you have no response other than to threaten me?

7) And you yourself have publicly alluded to me as a liar (re: fighters patrolling the cities of America)

8) Just wondering, have you ever made a personal sacrifice for our country?

9) Why do you Despise those of us that do?
My responses:

1) You've been asked to cease posting certain pictures - you've done it again.... you're now trolling.

2) And this has WHAT to do with your pictures exactly??? Lose the ego.

3) Your opinion? I told you the lose the pictures.

4) We're not talking about other people right now, are we?

5) I think he pointed out the 'bite me' example quite well, I'll let you deal with him on that issue.

6) uhm. I don't threaten you for bringing anything to my attention, I simply have given you a warning, which you neglect to respect.

7) I didnt allude to you as a liar, I questioned your information. Last time I checked, you weren't the official authority on anything (that Im aware of).

8) Yep, I pay you. Remember those things called taxes? Not to mention, I've assisted the FBI with a few investigations in the past (I'll choose not to go into detail - it's irrelevant).

9) Who said I do? Now you're really ASSUMING.

The truth is, you can try to use just about any excuse you want, but you do NOt know my personal convictions. I, for the most part, stay very unbiased on this forum - - to the point that at times I strongly disagree with admins/mods in order to keep their actions as unbiassed as possible.

Joel
Old 09-15-2002, 01:31 AM   #44
I serve MacPhisto

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis

My responses:

1) You've been asked to cease posting certain pictures - you've done it again.... you're now trolling.

2) And this has WHAT to do with your pictures exactly??? Lose the ego.

3) Your opinion? I told you the lose the pictures.

4) We're not talking about other people right now, are we?

5) I think he pointed out the 'bite me' example quite well, I'll let you deal with him on that issue.

6) uhm. I don't threaten you for bringing anything to my attention, I simply have given you a warning, which you neglect to respect.

7) I didnt allude to you as a liar, I questioned your information. Last time I checked, you weren't the official authority on anything (that Im aware of).

8) Yep, I pay you. Remember those things called taxes? Not to mention, I've assisted the FBI with a few investigations in the past (I'll choose not to go into detail - it's irrelevant).

9) Who said I do? Now you're really ASSUMING.

The truth is, you can try to use just about any excuse you want, but you do NOt know my personal convictions. I, for the most part, stay very unbiased on this forum - - to the point that at times I strongly disagree with admins/mods in order to keep their actions as unbiassed as possible.

Joel
My responses:

1) I have been asked to cease posting pictures, yet without explanation. I still don't understand why I have achieved your special attention with posting pictures here? Has anyone else? Don't you live next to a military base? Do you tell them to stop what they are doing so you won't find it offensive?

2) Lose the ego Very nice comment, I am glad you appreciate the sacrifices I have made for you and yours. Your welcome!

After sifting through the arrogance, I see your question: It has to do with (me posting pictures) the same old subjects raised again and again. I posted pictures because I grew tired out of the usual suspects going out of their way to hammer me.

I am sure that will give you a good laugh, as caring as you are.

3) My opinion? Yes, again you avoid the issues I brought to you and even point to another one of your orders.

4) Again, you avoid the issues I brought to you and point it all towrds me, publicly, I might add. (I started this by email/PM, remember- very troll-like?)

5) Let him deal with me-GREAT! The way it SHOULD be! Yet i seem to be confused here????
You want Salome (Shake it, shake it, shake it) and I to deal with our issues personally with it, but in the past when I have tried to deal with him "PERSONALLY" you have interviened? ALso, when I have been attacked numerous times (as I have pointed out to you numerous times now) I am not allowed to deal with these folks accordingly, yet if I bring it to your attention (as I was instructed to by all of the mods and you) i am told

We're not talking about other people right now, are we?

Again, I am confused ( ) by all of these standards???

6) I annoy you, I am a troll, Don't start a campaign against you. Not warnings, or compliments either.

Point being, I am NOT trying to start a campaign against you or anyone. Nor am I trying to annoy anyone.

I thought this was Free Your Mind: Discuss politics, spirituality, religion, world events

7) If I remember correctly, I told you there were fighter planes (oops, maybe I should have said ******* ****** so not to offend anyone ) in the air everyday around my city to which you told me no there weren't. I am not the official authority on everything, and you are NOT aware of everything either.

You also have no idea the scrutiny you can be under should we continue to have people post classified information on this forum.

Try me, I will show you all about my official authority.

8) You pay me? Very weak arguement, also very arrogant to those of us who have put our lives on the line so you can sit behind your computer. How brave of you!

Your arguement doesn't work because HEY! I pay taxes too!!! SO I PAY ME! HA!

For the painfully obvious, what have you done as a sacrifice for your country? Thanks for the FBI thing, again very brave.

If you are sooooo close to the FBI then ask them if they know me?

Better yet, ask yourself why you would choose to air out this shite in a public forum rather than in private. Of course, you can use your executive priviledge against me so you can have the last word as creator of interference. If so then fine, nice example for the new people to see.

I wonder why the donations are so low???? 10,000+ members, how much $$$ ???

And please keep this forum "LOGIN REQUIRED TO READ." Really hate to see "guests" (like FBI) able to be exposed to the dark underbelly of interference.

LATE
Old 09-15-2002, 05:38 AM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:10 AM
Quote:

You also have no idea the scrutiny you can be under should we continue to have people post classified information on this forum.

Who is posting classified information?

Question to whoever it is:

Who killed JFK?

Old 09-15-2002, 01:01 PM   #46
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
I am confused
yep, so am i. i thought you were leaving. mind you, i'm not saying i want you to leave, i just find it to be immature for people to say they're leaving when they don't.
Old 09-15-2002, 06:57 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:10 PM
Are all plane pics banned?

Old 09-16-2002, 02:23 AM   #48
An Angel In Devil's Shoes

I rarely post here in FYM because I have never liked the constant arguing that goes on here. Z edge’s posts and pictures didn’t offend me, but the constant bickering that goes on here in this forum does. I understand that political debates become heated but what I see in this forum seems to regularly goes beyond that. Time and again I see arguments that split friendships and/or cause bannings, which occurs only in this forum. This forum is called FREE Your Mind…people should be allowed to voice their opinions, right or wrong, without getting attacked. I also think that NO ONE, mod or otherwise, should stoop as low as name-calling. FYM was even put in “time-out” a couple months ago. Honestly, sometimes I wonder if I’m on a public message board with adults, or in grade-school.

Old 09-17-2002, 01:32 AM   #49
The Fly

Local Time: 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ABEL
I rarely post here in FYM because I have never liked the constant arguing that goes on here. Z edge’s posts and pictures didn’t offend me, but the constant bickering that goes on here in this forum does. I understand that political debates become heated but what I see in this forum seems to regularly goes beyond that. Time and again I see arguments that split friendships and/or cause bannings, which occurs only in this forum. This forum is called FREE Your Mind…people should be allowed to voice their opinions, right or wrong, without getting attacked. I also think that NO ONE, mod or otherwise, should stoop as low as name-calling. FYM was even put in “time-out” a couple months ago. Honestly, sometimes I wonder if I’m on a public message board with adults, or in grade-school.

way to go, abel...i feel the same way...free your mind people...and this forum!
Old 09-17-2002, 10:21 PM   #50
New Yorker

EXACTLY what ABEL said.

Shame on everyone. This is a place of U2 Love. Not ganging up and attacking others. And I THOUGHT free speech. Apparently I was mistaken.
Old 09-17-2002, 10:41 PM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie

As the Honorable Senator Zell Miller (Democrat - Georgia) said in May of 2001:

"What is sorely needed around here is much more getting along and much less getting even. The poisonous partisanship that has pervaded this place on both sides of the aisle must end."

FREE YOUR MIND goes ALL ways. I am seeing too much name-calling, finger-pointing, tattle-telling and "your opinion is offensive"-ing in this place.

I truly miss the days of bonovista, 80sU2IsBest, Crzy4Bono, Spectre, and those who have left/been banned since then. Now it seems like more of a Cold War environment, complete with double agents (multiple handles who refuse to reveal themselves) and baiting tactics. What gives?

~U2Alabama
Old 10-14-2002, 08:37 PM   #52
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Bama
I truly miss the days of bonovista, 80sU2IsBest, Crzy4Bono, Spectre, and those who have left/been banned since then. Now it seems like more of a Cold War environment, complete with double agents (multiple handles who refuse to reveal themselves) and baiting tactics. What gives?

~U2Alabama
Thanks Bama! I miss our debates too - you fascist. (I'm just kidding to everyone else who is reading here)
I'm not gone, just not nearly as vocal, for reasons like this thread exactly. So I'm actually lurking...
Civil debate is an awesome thing, name calling and petty bitching isn't.

Can't we all just get along?
Old 10-15-2002, 01:23 AM   #53
Kid A

Keyote, apparently, will cost the global community anywhere from 75,000 to 250,00 jobs and billions of dollars, but those evil western governments will certainly be to blame