Canada Votes 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I gotta go change my vote now.:wink: It's a gain of 4 seats for the Con in Atlantic Canada so far.

ScreenHunter_5.jpg

For reference

Slight change now:

20 Liberals leading or elected
9 Conservatives leading or elected
3 NDP leading or elected

as of 9:24 PM AST

Change:

19 Liberals leading or elected
10 Conservatives leading or elected
3 NDP leading or elected

as of 9:51 PM AST

The riding of Iles-de-la-Madeleine (in the Gulf of St. Lawrence) is due to report in any minute now.

Aaaaaand as soon as I posted it flipped back.

20 Liberals leading or elected
9 Conservatives leading or elected
3 NDP leading or elected

as of 9:56 PM AST

The riding that keeps flipping back and forth is the riding of Tobique-Restigouche in Northern NB. The vote difference with every poll is in only single- and double-digits.

I think it's only for Atlantic.

They can't show a single result for anywhere west of Quebec for another half hour.

I'm going to watch the first half hour of 24 and I'll be back for the rush of results in 30 min!

:wave:

I wish I could have voted. :sad: Being foreign and living in Canada can sometimes be such a pain, especially when you feel strongly about an election and would be elligible to vote were it not for one minor detail on your passport.

Thank heavens this side of Canada still seems to have its collective head screwed on properly. So far, at least.

GibsonGirl said:
I wish I could have voted. :sad: Being foreign and living in Canada can sometimes be such a pain, especially when you feel strongly about an election and would be elligible to vote were it not for one minor detail on your passport.

Thank heavens this side of Canada still seems to have its collective head screwed on properly. So far, at least.

Unfortunately for Eastern Canada, if the numbers hold up there and the rest put the Conservatives in power, Atlantic Canadians are screwed, no favours for that region.

19 Liberals leading or elected
10 Conservatives leading or elected
3 NDP leading or elected
1 BQ leading or elected

as of 10:12 PM AST

trevster2k said:

Unfortunately for Eastern Canada, if the numbers hold up there and the rest put the Conservatives in power, Atlantic Canadians are screwed, no favours for that region.

i'm still hoping against hope that it won't happen.

:uhoh:

Even if it is a minority government, I don't think the public has the stomach for another election in 12-18 months. Too much money wasted each time especially if the political weights are similar.

But the thing is, Stephen Harper can't govern with a minority government. He has absolutely no party with which to form a coalition. The Liberals, NDP and Bloc are going to slow the Parliament down like molasses in January.

anitram said:
But the thing is, Stephen Harper can't govern with a minority government. He has absolutely no party with which to form a coalition. The Liberals, NDP and Bloc are going to slow the Parliament down like molasses in January.

That's exactly why I'm not all *that* worried. I honestly can't see them winning a majority, and any damage they'll be able to do as a minority government should be quite minimal.

Politically the following scenario would never occur but if there's any constitutional experts out there, could you tell me if the NDP and Liberals could form a coalition following the election and, assuming their numbers exceed those of the Tories, take power?
Can a coalition decide to form in the immediate aftermath of an election?

Of course this would be political suicide for NDP but I'm curious nevertheless...

anitram said:

Politics makes strange bedfellows.:wink:

Dave, update please, 24 was great tonight but gimme some sugar.

Everything's the same as before.

One really tight race in Madawaska-Restigouche but everything else seems to be pretty much holding steady.

3 minutes till the real fun begins. I think you guys get the results then, too, so I suppose this will be my last update. :)

Back
Top Bottom