Can you recognize Evil?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the soul waits said:
Pondering :
I think the evil we experience outside of us, around us, is at times recognized or not, can take you by surprise or you see coming from a mile away...and that leaves us confused sometimes?

Why?
Because I think whether or not you recognize evil at any given time, is a reflection of where you are in your own state of mind. The evil vs. good we see around us, can easily be internalized. The more we are tuning into the "evil" side of our minds and act accordingly, the less we recognize it as such outside of us and, like another poster here wrote, are running by its side.

(sorry for any spelling errors, english is not my native language and I'm not particulary focussed today)

For not being focused, soul waits, you expressed yourself beautifully. God help us all when you are focused.

As far as I am concerned, that is a perfect and thought provoking answer.

(And for the suicide bombing, I don't know if that was what
Wanderer was getting at. I was just speculating. Will wait to see what he was getting at. Could be an interesting discussion.)

I was not thinking of suicide bombings because they are (usually) not a selfless act rather a total act of hatred.

Then we need clarification on your earlier post, Wanderer. What did you have in mind specifically, if anything or was it an abstract question?

the soul waits said:
Pondering :
I think the evil we experience outside of us, around us, is at times recognized or not, can take you by surprise or you see coming from a mile away...and that leaves us confused sometimes?

Why?
Because I think whether or not you recognize evil at any given time, is a reflection of where you are in your own state of mind. The evil vs. good we see around us, can easily be internalized. The more we are tuning into the "evil" side of our minds and act accordingly, the less we recognize it as such outside of us and, like another poster here wrote, are running by its side.

(sorry for any spelling errors, english is not my native language and I'm not particulary focussed today)

Here's another thought........I've considered good and evil to be forces of the universe {or world}......which are constantly present.....It's just a matter of which wave {or force} you want to ride, when and where, and for how long.

Thank you all again........the responses are all great......it's good to get different interpretatons of the subject.

:|

I suppose an act of evil can be perceived as a selfless act by the misguided. So, following that logic, then if the intent is a selfless act, then an act of evil can also be an act of selflessness. A rarity though.

Back
Top Bottom