Buy Nothing Day - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2002, 03:07 PM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by paxetaurora
I dunno...for years now I've spent Black Friday with my stepmother and a few of my cousins, rising at the crack of dawn armed with coffee and department store circulars, and spending the day shopping, talking, and eating together. I've always found it to be a very fun day and a great bonding experience for the women of my family.
That sounds really sweet.

I did not shop on "Black Friday" as it is called, but not for some cause or statement. I just did not feel like going. I have a list of about 10 people that I am going to shop for and I am getting all things that they want. I think now a days people just want to make up days for shit. Don't buy gas on the 3rd Sunday with a full moon to tell the Oil Co. that we can control the price of oil. Or don't buy anything with and s in it to stop the clubbing of baby seals for a day. I do or do not shop when and where I want to. I am not some mindless automaton that is hypnotized by the secret messages in the TV commercials that tell me to shop in there stores. I think overall I am a fan of tradition. I think it is cool that paxetaurora made it a family bonding type event.

I always wanted to be like Janeane Garofalo and steal toilet paper out of a McDonalds bath room.