Bush's approval rating hits an all time low

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Irvine511 said:

do you think that's really an adequate explanation for Bush's numbers?

Congressional numbers, absolutely. witness the Schwarzenagger/Bloomberg cover of Newsweek.

but Bush?

not for Bush entirely but I think a general frusturation with Washington plays a part in his low numbers.

Yeah, and then their spin machine will work better leading up to Nov 2008 and we'll get blamed for the stagnant congress and the war....we really need to pick up our efforts to counter this, both in strengthening what congress does and says and in our spin. It's so obvious to me this is going to happen, the GOP is great at it and the Dems are bad at both defense against the spin and counter attacks.

It's sad that I have very little faith in the Dems to succeed at this game, but I'm hoping the public will finally wisen up and stop eating up the crap the Republicans are serving.

MaxFisher said:

not for Bush entirely but I think a general frusturation with Washington plays a part in his low numbers.

i don't think so at all.

i think it's nearly all to do with Iraq. and his overall contempt for the Constitution -- whether it's Cheney trying to aboloish the office that was designed to oversee him, or trying to get a sickbed signature from John Ashcroft for wiretapping -- combined with total incompetence in nearly every facet of government.

this administration is in total meltdown, and will be widely regarded as the worst in history.

and the fact that Congress has been unable to stop this is where much of the dissatisfaction with Congress is coming from.

it is Bush himself that is the problem.

MaxFisher said:

And what represents Washington?

an Administration that has been there 6 1/2 years

or a very marginally Democratic led congress of 5 months?

deep said:

And what represents Washington?

an Administration that has been there 6 1/2 years

or a very marginally Democratic led congress of 5 months?

the question is: how best to spin the lowest approval ratings since Nixon was in the throes of impeachment and the Harry Truman comparisons become ever more laughable?

June 24, 2007
Large Number Still Believe in Saddam-9/11 Link

Newsweek poll: "Even today, more than four years into the war in Iraq, as many as four in ten Americans (41 percent) still believe Saddam Hussein’s regime was directly involved in financing, planning or carrying out the terrorist attacks on 9/11, even though no evidence has surfaced to support a connection. A majority of Americans were similarly unable to pick Saudi Arabia in a multiple-choice question about the country where most of the 9/11 hijackers were born. Just 43 percent got it right -- and a full 20 percent thought most came from Iraq."

When you see numbers like these
it is hard to believe Ws numbers will go any lower.

June 24, 2007
Large Number Still Believe in Saddam-9/11 Link

Newsweek poll: "Even today, more than four years into the war in Iraq, as many as four in ten Americans (41 percent) still believe Saddam Hussein’s regime was directly involved in financing, planning or carrying out the terrorist attacks on 9/11, even though no evidence has surfaced to support a connection. A majority of Americans were similarly unable to pick Saudi Arabia in a multiple-choice question about the country where most of the 9/11 hijackers were born. Just 43 percent got it right -- and a full 20 percent thought most came from Iraq."

Jesus. These people vote and reproduce. :crack:

I don't understand how this is possible. 41%??? I'm sorry but your media is not THAT bad. I regularly watch American news and read American newspapers and while there are some things that can be improved as with any media system, there is no way that 40% of the population could be that wrong. I have to seriously consider if there's something wrong with their deductive skills and general logical reasoning. Or mental capacity, if you will.

Just sticking this tidbit here even though it's not a popularity poll. Good for them

WASHINGTON — President Bush was presented with a letter Monday signed by 50 high school seniors in the Presidential Scholars program urging a halt to "violations of the human rights" of terror suspects held by the United States.

The White House said Bush had not expected the letter but took a moment to read it and talk with a young woman who handed it to him.

"The president enjoyed a visit with the students, accepted the letter and upon reading it let the student know that the United States does not torture and that we value human rights," deputy press secretary Dana Perino said.

The students had been invited to the East Room to hear the president speak about his effort to win congressional reauthorization of his education law known as No Child Left Behind.

The handwritten letter said the students "believe we have a responsibility to voice our convictions."

"We do not want America to represent torture. We urge you to do all in your power to stop violations of the human rights of detainees, to cease illegal renditions, and to apply the Geneva Convention to all detainees, including those designated enemy combatants," the letter said.

The designation as a Presidential Scholar is one of the nation's highest honors for graduating high school students. Each year the program selects one male and one female student from each state, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Americans living abroad, 15 at-large students, and up to 20 students in the arts on the basis of outstanding scholarship, service, leadership and creativity.

"I know all of you worked hard to reach this day," Bush told the students in his education speech. "Your families are proud of your effort, and we welcome your family members here. Your teachers are proud of your effort, and we welcome your teachers. And our entire nation is proud to call you Presidential Scholar."

The scholars travel to Washington each June for seminars, lectures and workshops with government officials, elected representatives and others.

martha said:

These are the same people that watch reality tv shows, don't forget.

Hey now. . .

I happen to be a big fan of Survivor, Amazing Race , and yes even Big Brother and I'm quite strongly opposed to the war in Iraq and NEVER believed Saddam Hussein was responsible for 9-11.

Stereotypes :shame:

Back
Top Bottom