Bush vs. Kerry - here's an interactive international poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I read about a poll recently that said 85% of Canadians wouldn't vote for Bush if given the choice. Now look, if we don't want the Canadians to attack us, we better vote for Kerry.

or something. ;)

Another sketchy aspect: Pitcairn islands has 25 votes. The entire population of all the islands was 46 in July of this year, according to the CIA.

That means that over half (54.3%, actually) voted on this, on an island where they don't even have dedicated electricity, let alone internet access.

People can say they're from wherever they want. It's a totally skewed poll.

Not that I mind the results.

But it must be true, it is on the internet.

You are far more likely to trace the "votes" to a few IP address than have a true world-wide from this web page.

Oh I agree, the whole thing is completely skewed. In the US, Kerry is leading by 47%. Honestly though. There goes your credibility.

DaveC said:
Honestly though. There goes your credibility.
I really hope you're not referring to me, here, DaveC! This is just one of those silly things that get tossed around on email that I thought would be fun to share. Of course it's skewed...which is why I said, "if accurate". Clearly it's not. However, I would venture to say that if the world had a say, there is no way Bush would win the election.

I like the way Dave C thinks:up:
Long time Micheal G -you animal.
As smart as you are we were hoping a bit more from you.:wink:

db9

the figures for the netherlands seem to match with another poll which was held here by the same agency who does polling for our own elections

it's a shame it doesn't mention the number of people who wouldn't vote at all or still don't know who to vote for

Michael Griffiths said:

I really hope you're not referring to me, here, DaveC! This is just one of those silly things that get tossed around on email that I thought would be fun to share. Of course it's skewed...which is why I said, "if accurate". Clearly it's not. However, I would venture to say that if the world had a say, there is no way Bush would win the election.

No no of course not. I was talking about the poll's credibility.

DrTeeth said:
What the hell is wrong with Niger? :angry:

This explains a lot:

"What happened to the votes from Niger?
It appears somebody set up a distributed human or robot voting group to cast votes purporting to be from Niger.

More than 5000 votes had been cast by the time we noticed this.

Those votes have been disqualified and the IP addresses of the voters banned for the moment.

A close look at the data and the server logs showed that this concerted effort, be it human or robot in nature, did not originate in Niger."

Back
Top Bottom