Bush Versus Kerry Interland Instant Poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Non-American, KERRY.

However, with a caveat. If I were in a battleground state, I would vote for Kerry. If not, I would vote my conscience (ie. Nader). I have never voted strategically in my life, but I may just be convinced to do so in this instance.

American, Bush

Everyone here knows that Kerry is for the war and thinks along the same lines as Bush on WMD, right? Although the Chin is quick to point out Bush was given misinformation. If you listen to Hannity, he loves playing a Kerry clip saying that we have to go into Iraq and rid them of WMD. The man flip flops more than anyone. Do you want a democrat or a radical liberal. He makes Ted Kennedy look conservative. Oh well...everone is a pro on the issues

odowdpa said:
The man flip flops more than anyone. Do you want a democrat or a radical liberal. He makes Ted Kennedy look conservative. Oh well...everone is a pro on the issues

Well the flip-flopping has been dealt with in here quite a bit and honestly I think a lot of people, including some Republicans have changed their view on Iraq given the information we have now. So none of that bothers me. Personally I think Bush flip flops more than most politicians.

I find it odd that you think Kerry is radical liberal and that he makes Ted Kennedy look conservative, because the consensus I hear is that they think Kerry is too close to the middle.

Anyways since I'm here...
American and Kerry.
Why? My conscience wouldn't allow me otherwise.

odowdpa said:
Do you want a democrat or a radical liberal. [Kerry] makes Ted Kennedy look conservative.

Kerry a "radical liberal?" Hardly the case. Though I do wish your statement were true. If Kerry were a "radical liberal" he would talk bluntly and honestly about the right wing extremist administration presently leading the U.S. He wouldn't be pledging to take the "war on terror" to the terrorists. He wouldn't be pledging to build up the department of Homeland Security.

How can Kerry be a radical liberal when he is "for the war and thinks along the same lines as Bush on WMD?"

There is more to an election than the war. I just pointed out that one area cuz it seems to be the most talked about topic. There is a whole array of things that I can get into, but its late and this is a forum (I wish it could be done in person then we could do it and it wouldnt take me a 1/2 hour to write) But the big thing that scares me about this election is that people are just going along with what seems to be popular opinion without realizing what really is going on.
For example, someone here wrote:

"Why am I voting for Kerry? Because I want to see this "war" end"

That scares me becuz the war will not be ending after this election. Kerry, Bush, Nader, Big Bird - they will all continue this war no matter who wins. Both the front runners have made it clear we will be staying in Iraq and we'll be going elsewhere to find terrorists.

I am voting for Bush, but I am not a Kerry hater as I feel he would probably help international relations simply because he is not Bush. But overall, Bush is the best man for the job as he carries a big stick when we most need a big stick. I am scared to know how Kerry would react if something similar happened under his reign.

odowdpa said:
If you listen to Hannity ...

Do you want a democrat or a radical liberal. He makes Ted Kennedy look conservative. Oh well...everone is a pro on the issues

Yeah, if you listen to Hannity parrot GOP talking points I can see how you might think that Kerry is some sort of uber-liberal, completely out of touch with mainstream America. However:
Kerry opposed a proposed federal constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage and would allow the issue to be decided at the state level. As Media Matters for America has previously noted, a majority of Americans would also prefer the issue to be decided at the state level rather than through a constitutional amendment. A recent ABC News/Washington Post survey found that 58 percent of Americans believe that "each state should make its own laws on gay marriage," while only 38 percent favor amending the Constitution.

Kerry voted to restrict late-term abortions "where there was a clear exception for [the] life or health of women." According to a recent ABC News/Washington Post poll, a majority of Americans (54 percent) agree that abortion should be legal in all or most cases.

Kerry wants to provide health coverage to 95 percent of Americans. According to an ABC News/Washington Post poll, this position is supported by the 79 percent of Americans who would rather raise taxes to provide coverage for all Americans than keep taxes down and prevent some Americans from receiving coverage.

Kerry was endorsed by the Sierra Club because of his commitment to protecting the environment. Fifty-five percent of Americans think the federal government is not doing enough to protect the environment, according to a recent Gallup poll.

Kerry supports closing the gun show loophole and extending the assault weapons ban; according to a recent CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll, 60 percent of Americans think the government should do more about restricting the kinds of guns people can buy.

From Media Matters for America

Please don't base your opinions of Kerry on comments made by someone who often knowingly lies and makes shit up.

AcrobatMan says its a whitewash, but the latest Washington Post/ABC poll says Bush is winning among registered voters 48-46%. I guess the world is bigger than interference.com....

National poll shows John Kerry slipping
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday 28th July, 2004

A national poll shows John Kerry's ratings slipping against President Bush on Iraq and the economy, the Washington Post said Tuesday.

Over the past month, the Massachusetts Democrat has lost ground to President Bush on several key issues and character traits, the Washington Post-ABC poll indicated.

The poll, conducted July 22-25, showed Bush leading Kerry 52 percent-40 percent as more trustworthy on handling Iraq, a striking increase in the narrow 49 percent to 47 percent margin Bush enjoyed in late June.

Even on the economy, previously Kerry's strong suit, Bush edged ahead 47 percent -46 percent, up from trailing Kerry 45 percent-50 percent a month ago, the paper said.

For the Nov. 2 election Kerry and Bush remain virtually deadlocked with 48 percent of registered voters supporting Bush and 46 percent Kerry, the paper said.

The poll of 1,202 randomly selected adults has a margin of error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.

Ahh, gotcha. Its obvious that this site, or atleast the people voting, are left-wingers. Thats why I posted, just to try and give an angle from the "other side."

While walking through the streets of NYC during lunch times over the past year 6 months I have seen countless people protesting Bush over the war. They say they want Kerry in so they can pull the troops out....I just can't help but shake my head over these people because they think they are doing patriotic deeds when in reality they are displaying their idiotness. They are quick to act on something they know nothing about. CNN appraoched this issue (Kerry to keep everyone in Iraq) last night and they said the Dems are willing to look past this fact (a major reason why many like him to begin with) simply because they want Bush out....

I guess what I'm saying is that there are people out there speaking their minds on something they know nothing about. I just wish people learned more about who they were voting for, whether it be for Bush or Kerry.

The site is NOT composed entirely of left-wingers.

If you'd like to offer another opinion, you are more than welcome to do so.

I am not saying that it is. I said, "atleast of the people voting". You can call a 19-3 vote 'almost entirely' if you please.

I am sure if everyone voted it'd be different, but everyone is not, so I am only going with what I eyes are telling me.

American - After great consideration and study - Kerry/Edwards.
One thing I have found to be surprising, is the number people I know who were die-hard Bush supporters, that have come around to supporting Kerry. As opposed to anyone I know changing from being a Kerry supporter - now supporting Bush. There are still some I know waiting for the debates, also.
Just an observation.
(Number of people represents (3) two couples who one is voting Kerry/Bush - the other, single and switched support from Bush to Kerry)

odowdpa said:
I just can't help but shake my head over these people because they think they are doing patriotic deeds when in reality they are displaying their idiotness. They are quick to act on something they know nothing about.

Idiotness? I don't think we're allowed to invent words.

In any case, who are you to decide that the protestors you encountered know "nothing" about the war? Besides, it's hardly as though every Bush supporter here has a fantastic grasp of the issues -- we've even had such classics as "how can you oppose Bush - can't you see he's trying to save the world?"

Back
Top Bottom