Bush Starts "Second Surge" to Double Number of Troops in Iraq - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2007, 08:38 AM   #141
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by mobvok

Unless you think for yourself and draw your own conclusions, your complete lack of curiosity makes you the same drone as the neo-hippy liberal anti-Bush college hordes you say you detest. Even your political heroes can be wrong every once in a while.
I do think for myself. It sounds like you're saying that I can't listen to talk radio without being a pawn who doesnt think for myself. If that is true, then are you not allowed to watch the news or read the paper or listen to radio without being a drone? I'm pretty sure Rush knows more about what is going on than I, and I was simply relaying what I heard.

And yes, my political "heroes" as you call them can be and are wrong sometimes. Take President Bush- I havent agreed with some of the things he has done as of late.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:47 AM   #142
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2

I do think for myself. It sounds like you're saying that I can't listen to talk radio without being a pawn who doesnt think for myself.
That's not what anyone is saying. It's just you have a hard time backing yourself up with any real evidence, articles, logic, etc. You've been asked several times by several posters to back yourself up and you've ignored them all. All we've got was, "Rush told me so". That really doesn't fly in the real world, if Rush told you, then find out where Rush got his sources from that would be a good start.

I noticed you are fairly young and in college, I have no clue what your major is, but if you ever take any kind of English class where you have to do persuasive writing, any kind of debate class, science class you'll learn the importance of being able to back up your statement. Good luck!

Old 06-05-2007, 09:14 AM   #143
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:19 PM
Quote:
I'm pretty sure Rush knows more about what is going on than I,
Don't sell yourself that short.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:18 PM   #144
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by martha

Don't sell yourself that short.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:40 PM   #145
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
I do think for myself. It sounds like you're saying that I can't listen to talk radio without being a pawn who doesnt think for myself. If that is true, then are you not allowed to watch the news or read the paper or listen to radio without being a drone? I'm pretty sure Rush knows more about what is going on than I, and I was simply relaying what I heard.
Of course you can listen to talk radio, but there's a key difference between Rush and your average Iraq correspondent- Rush has an explicit stated interest in getting Republicans elected to Congress. In other words, he has an interest in relaying stories that would help support Republicans, even if they're sketchy or just rumors. Taking anything said by partisan sources at face value means you won't be told facts that disagree.

But what's worse with citing Rush is that you can't point to a transcript where others can read what Rush said and the sources he used, instead, you want us to take (your interpretation of) Rush's word on faith. If I said "I read in the Washington Post that Bush will be indicted for lying!", would you blindly accept that? I doubt you would- you'd want to know more. Maybe the reports are from a Congressman, or maybe they're from a far-left operative trying to undermine the Bush Administration. One is obviously more reliable then the other.

In short, until you seriously back up your claims, no one will believe you.....BonoVox said this a lot more concisely then I did.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:39 PM   #146
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:19 PM

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/06/14/snow-bush-war/

Snow: President Bush Is ‘On The Frontlines’ Of The Iraq War ‘Every Day’

In today’s White House press briefing, reporter Helen Thomas asked Tony Snow if there are “any members of the Bush family or this administration in this war.” Stunningly, Snow claimed that President Bush is actually on the “frontlines” of the war in Iraq:

Q: Are there any members of the Bush family or this administration in this war?

SNOW: Yeah, the President. The President is in the war every day.

Q: Come on, that isn’t my question –

SNOW: Well, no, if you ask any president who is a commander in chief –

Q: On the frontlines, wherever…

SNOW: The President.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:12 PM   #147
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Helen Thomas is a sad old lady.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:13 PM   #148
Blue Crack Addict

Somehow Helen Thomas played no role in my response to that exchange

Shoot the messenger I guess
Old 06-14-2007, 05:15 PM   #149
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Helen Thomas is a sad old lady.
Yeah, Snow should have asked her if any reporters were on the front lines?

If any reporters have died?

He would have got her good then.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:18 PM   #150
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by deep

Yeah, Snow should have asked her if any reporters were on the front lines?

If any reporters have died?

He would have got her good then.

Old 06-14-2007, 05:31 PM   #151
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

There was no real point in Thomas asking that question. Rather than asking important questions about the war or anything else, she has to take a ridiculous cheap shot at the Bush family. Once again, it is not the responsibility of any President's children to carry out their father's policy.

MrsSpringsteen, I hope you dont spend too much time on that thinkprogress site. I looked around, and it's full of far-left propoganda and a number of bloggers posting very rude and shameful comments making fun of Snow's cancer.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:38 PM   #152
Blue Crack Addict

Well thanks for your concern but I just found the link on Huff Po, another one of those far left propaganda sites. I would never condone making fun of Tony Snow's or anyone's cancer, trust me on that one. You can take that to the bank.

Whether or not Helen Thomas should have asked such a question doesn't make his response any less ridiculous and bizarre.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:38 PM   #153
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:19 PM
Quote:
Once again, it is not the responsibility of any President's children to carry out their father's policy.
Or yours.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:41 PM   #154
Blue Crack Addict

She could have asked a more balanced question

something like, "How many Shite Shines were not bombed yesterday?

These are the stories we never hear.

As for Mrs S,

I would not worry about her
she seems to check many different sources for information
I think that is a good way to make contributions to this forum.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:43 PM   #155
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
There was no real point in Thomas asking that question. Rather than asking important questions about the war or anything else, she has to take a ridiculous cheap shot at the Bush family. Once again, it is not the responsibility of any President's children to carry out their father's policy.
So then who does? You don't, his kids don't, who bears the responsibilty of his worthless policies?

Quote:

MrsSpringsteen, I hope you dont spend too much time on that thinkprogress site. I looked around, and it's full of far-left propoganda and a number of bloggers posting very rude and shameful comments making fun of Snow's cancer.
You're giving advice on propaganda? You?
Old 06-14-2007, 06:07 PM   #156
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

So then who does? You don't, his kids don't, who bears the responsibilty of his worthless policies?
We've had this discussion before. The hundreds of thousands of people in this country who want to join the military are the ones who carry out the Commander-in-Chief's policies. You cannot attack the Bush twins for not wanting to join when they are not the ones who devise the foreign policy, or even have to agree with it.

Question: are you just as outraged at Chelsea for not enlisting during her father's presidency?
Old 06-14-2007, 06:10 PM   #157
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:19 PM
Ooh, this won't go over very well with the electorate. We voted to get the troops out of Iraq, but Bush doesn't seem to be getting the message.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:12 PM   #158
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by unico
If he wants more troops there, why not take his daughters to the nearest recruiter?
yeah........then he'll find out just how great the whole experience is.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:25 PM   #159
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

We've had this discussion before. The hundreds of thousands of people in this country who want to join the military are the ones who carry out the Commander-in-Chief's policies. You cannot attack the Bush twins for not wanting to join when they are not the ones who devise the foreign policy, or even have to agree with it.

Who's attacking the twins? We're questioning how much George, you, and the likes of actually support these policies. If you truly believed in them you'd enlist.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:32 PM   #160
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

If you truly believed in them you'd enlist.
Not necessarily. As I said a long time ago, you can support a cause in a number of different ways. I'm going to assume that you care about the situation in Darfur. If you dont go enlist to help there, I guess you dont truly believe in helping (by your logic).

Again, are you just as outraged at Chelsea for not enlisting during her father's presidency?