Bush or Kerry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm too young to vote, but if I would have been the right age it would have been Kerry. Bush is too conservative for me.

verte76 said:
I voted for Kerry. However, I don't *hate* Bush. I just disagree with his agenda.

It is nice to hear that people actually voted for Kerry because of his policy! I didn't vote for him because of his policy LOL. But still its just nice to see people looking at in terms of policies and voting on that premise. Same to you AquariumDrinker.

Take care,

Carrie

bush.jpg

Last edited:
Well considering I turned 18 THREE DAYS AFTER the election I couldn't vote, but I think we all know who I supported. :wink:

I must say Kerry must be happy he has not inherited the mess we're in. It would have been virtually impossible for him to have gotten anything done with such a Republican congress.

It just amazes me how horrible this two party system we have is. Nothing will ever get done if we can't unify the congress. I wish there was an easy solution to it all.

Lancemc said:
It just amazes me how horrible this two party system we have is.

I agree.

Nothing will ever get done if we can't unify the congress.

But if you do unify congress, that means ONE SIDE will ALWAYS get its way and that's not right either. Gridlock= democracy at work.

U2Kitten said:
But if you do unify congress, that means ONE SIDE will ALWAYS get its way and that's not right either. Gridlock= democracy at work.

I agree. The two party system may seem terrible but considering the alternatives it seems pretty darn good to me :up:

Lancemc said:
It just amazes me how horrible this two party system we have is. Nothing will ever get done if we can't unify the congress. I wish there was an easy solution to it all.

I agree. I wish we had more choices. But I don't believe this because I want to "unify Congress". If only one school of political thought dominates, all of the others are completely shut out. I'd like to live in a country with a parliamentary system for awhile, just to see if I like the politics better.

U2Kitten said:

That doesn't have to be the case. It can also mean that BOTH SIDES will get their way since their preferred outcome is the same. It can also mean that, by making compromises, ONE SIDE will SOMETIMES gets its way and OTHER TIMES the OTHER SIDE will get its way. It'll then be a question for each party where their priorities are, what they value most. And especially when there is a THIRD PARTY (or even MORE), you have the situation that TWO OR MORE parties have to WORK TOGETHER to get their program done. This will of course not UNIFY the ENTIRE CONGRESS, but it WILL KILL the DO OR DIE mentality, the IF NOT ME THEN NOT YOU EITHER mindset, THE MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY WAY OF THINKING!!!

Hey, now there is an idea, WORKING TOGETHER!

C ya!

Marty

Welcome, Mullen4Prez! :) Hope you're finding FYM fun and informative.

If you click back a few pages on this forum, you'll undoubtedly unearth all the election threads...lots of good info and discussion.

Maybe I need to clarify something I said. When I said we need to "unify congress" I didn't mean in a party-sense. I mean, we just need to get them to stop bickering all the time and focus on getting some real issues worked out. If both parties could focus one major goal, then eveyone comes out a winner and our country finally gets something done.

As a social conservative, I felt the need to support President Bush.

Lancemc said:
:yes: :up: Personally I wish we had at least four major political parties. I can only imagine it though. I bet the country would be much more centered if we had more than two.

Back
Top Bottom