Bush is visiting the home of my ancestors today...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
DISCLAIMER: My reaction to this is tongue in cheek ;)

33861121.jpg

dailypress.com/news/dp-now-bushintown,0,7282492.story?coll=hr_tab01_layout

dailypress.com
Bush gives thanks at site claiming first Thanksgiving
BY PATRICK LYNCH

757-247-4534

1:20 PM EST, November 19, 2007

CHARLES CITY

President Bush said Virginians at Berkeley Plantation celebrated Thanksgiving before Massachusetts pilgrims "even left port."

But while giving Virginians credit, Bush didn't go so far as to end the debate between the two states about who held the first Thanksgiving.

The White House made clear it is not taking sides in that debate. But the Virginia property, a national historical landmark, gives Bush an appropriate -- and close-by -- setting for his day. Berkeley Plantation, located along the James River in Charles City County, is known for both its landscaped beauty and its ties to history.

It says it is the site of America's first official Thanksgiving in 1619, when a group of British settlers knelt in prayer of thanks for a healthy arrival across the Atlantic. Their proclamation of thanks is carved into the "Thanksgiving Shrine" that Bush will visit.

Plymouth, Mass., is best known as the home of Thanksgiving, as the place where Pilgrims and Indians celebrated the autumn harvest with a feast in 1621.

The president also said Americans should be thankful for those who have selflessly helped others. He specifically cited the late Virginia Tech professor Liviu Librescu, a Holocaust survivor gunned down trying to save his students from the shooting rampage on April 16.

Staff writer Seth Freedland contributed to this report.

Copyright © 2007, Newport News, Va., Daily Press

I hope the ghosts of the past haunt him away from there :angry:

That being said, it's nice to see Berkeley getting some national attention :D I love that place.

:shrug:
I just did a quick Google image search for "drunks in a bar" before I had to rush out of the house this morning

Back
Top Bottom