Bush is a flip-flopper too

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sharky

New Yorker
Can we please stop wtih this whole belief that Kerry flip-flops? It's on both sides, why can't this be the end of it?

*First Bush opposed nation-building. Then he said “We will be changing the regime of Iraq, for the good of the Iraqi people.”

*First George Bush opposes an outside investigation into the WMD intelligence failure, and then he signed an executive order supporting it.

*First Governor Bush opposed the patient right to sue bill, Then he praised it, and then as president he opposed it.... again

*Referring to gay marriage Bush says “The state can do what they want to do. Bush then asked congress to take away state rights and pass an amendment prohibiting gay marriage.

*First Bush opposed the creation of a Department of Homeland Security, and then he supported it.

*First Bush was for free trade. George Bush then supported limits on free trade. Now he is for it....again.

*Bush opposed a time extension to the 9-11 commission. Bush then supported the time extension.

*Bush supported mandatory caps on C02. Bush then opposed mandatory C02 caps.

*Bush opposed the 9/11 panel. Bush then backed the 9/11 Commission.

*Bush opposed McCain-Feingold, and then Bush praised and supported it when signing it into law.

*"One of the interesting things people ask me, now that we’re asking questions, is, can you ever win the war on terror? Of course, you can.” Bush then said “I don’t think that you can win it, but I think you can create conditions so that those who use terror as a tool are less acceptable in parts of the world” Bush then again changed his position saying “Make no mistake about it, we are winning and we will win [the war on terror].”

*Bush is against the U.S. taking a role in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and summits. Bush later supported involvement in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and summits.

*First Bush said hed force OPEC to lower prices. He then refused to lobby OPEC leaders.

*Bush supported the current tobacco farmers quota system. A month later he was for a federal buyout of tobacco quotas.

*Bush says Condi Rice is not allowed to testify before the 9-11 commission. Bush orders Condi Rice testify before the 9-11 commission

*Bush vowed for a UN vote no matter what. Bush later on withdrew his request for vote.

*Bush placed strict limits on his and Cheneys testimony before the 9-11 commission to one hour. Bush later changed his mind and set no time limit.

*Bush said in April of 2001 Bush states that medical records are private. In April of 2004 that records are not confidential. He claimed the D.O.J. can have access to the records of patients, because patients “no longer possess a reasonable expectation that their histories will remain completely confidential.”

*Bush wanted Prime Minister Jean Chrtien to divert water from the great lakes into parched states in the west and southwest. Bush waffled saying: We’re never going to allow diversion of Great Lakes water.”

*Bush is for timelines for dictators. He later said “I don’t think you give timelines to dictators.”

*Bush said that Osama Bin-Laden is our top concern who he wants captured dead or alive. Bush then said “I don’t know where he is. You know, I just don’t spend that much time on him… I truly am not that concerned about him.”

*During in interview Bush told said we actually found WMDs: “We found the weapons of mass destruction. We found biological laboratories he also alleged: For those who say we haven’t found the banned manufacturing devices or banned weapons, they’re wrong, we found them.” Bush then says we haven’t found Weapons of Mass Destruction.

*Bush was for fingerprinting and photographing Mexicans who enter the US, but after meeting with President Fox he is now against it.

*Bush said the “mission accomplished” banner was put up by the sailors. Bush later said it was his advance team.

sharky said:

*Bush said the “mission accomplished” banner was put up by the sailors. Bush later said it was his advance team.

Umm...maybe his advance team sails on weekends? :D

When Kerry flip-flops its about something like I don't know terrorists or the war in Iraq. Maybe a bit more important than CO2. I like how everyone likes to go to this tactic of changing the argument to the other side rather than trying to dispute the fact that Kerry has held just about every possible position on every subject in this election. Hey--your guy does this! Well--yeah but so does your guy! View the documentary at www.kerryoniraq.com to hear the words straight from the horse's mouth.

wow....it's really strange that people don't understand that someone can change their mind when Situation A (trusting a president for what he says after we have been attacked and become one as a nation) becomes Situation B (finding out that many of the things he told us were untrue or "misinterpreted"). it's just pure logic...common sense... if you actually listen to political dialogue, the intelligent Bush supporters do not mention kerry "waffling" because they know it was just a repeated buzzword by the campaign to sway the public. they actually argue ideological differences. those who just want to shoot a political cannon use the "waffling" theme to get standing ovations at rallies but don't really have the intelligence to actually have a discussion on political, economic, and social ideology.

You know, I used to think politicians who constantly flip-flopped were a bit shady, but then my mom said "think of how often YOU change your mind." and I agreed that it's not always fair to consider someone's politics weaker b/c they changed their mind.

Besides being a big flip-flopper, Bush is also one of the most incoherent, short-sighted and embarassing Presidents we've ever had.

I literally cringe every time I see him on TV. :ohmy:

Thanks for starting this thread, sharky, and for your impressive list of Bush flip-flops. :applaud:

drivemytrabant said:
When Kerry flip-flops its about something like I don't know terrorists ...

"I want justice. And there's an old poster out West, I recall, that says, 'Wanted: Dead or Alive.'" - President Bush on Osama Bin Laden, September 17, 2001

"I don't know where he is.You know, I just don't spend that much time on him... I truly am not that concerned about him." - President Bush on Osama Bin Laden, March 12, 2002

And of course ...

"One of the interesting things people ask me, now that we're asking questions, is, can you ever win the war on terror? Of course, you can." - President Bush, April 14, 2004

"I don't think you can win [the war on terror]." - President Bush, August 30, 2004

"Make no mistake about it, we are winning and we will win [the war on terror]." - President Bush, August 31, 2004

Perhaps you'd like to enlighten us as to Kerry's changing position on Iraq, or the many other issues you claim he's held many different positions on.

Oh boy if we want to list Kerry positions we are gonna need a server update again. You come up with a list of CO2 and OPEC and its groundbreaking stuff. I just don't understand how someone can vote for a person that can't make up his mind on where he stands on the most important issue in this election--the Iraq war. Just off the top of my head when a reporter asked Kerry if he would have still voted for the war knowing what he knew today--he said yes. The other night on Letterman he said if he was president Saddam would still be in power. :ohmy:

Last edited:
He hasn't changed his view on the Iraq war. I admit he hasn't articulated it well but this is it -
He authorized the President to go to war and has stated he still would vote for the authorization in order to force Iraq to comply with inspections. But he would not have gone himself into a preemtive war without giving the inspectors time to work or without building a coalition. So put this to f***** bed.

and while he voted for authorization, he did not vote for the $82 billion bill, which may be confusing people.

I guess my whole point of this is yeah, people change their minds so stop the Kerry waffling stuff like he's the only one.

And Trabant -- Kerry has made up his mind on Iraq, but it's a complicated issue that even I will admit has not been articulated well. But go back to That Guy's post. Bush can't make up his mind on whether we should care about a guy who killed 3000 people on American soil and Bush can't make his mind when it comes to whether we can even beat the guy. That's scary.

It has taken how long for Kerry to articulate his position on Iraq, and it is still not clear??

The funny thing about this thread's title is that it is based on Kerry as a flip-flopper.

At least we can all agree on something :wink:

kerry has a very clear view on the war in iraq. the initial vote had nothing to do with the war in iraq. it was to give the president the authority to make war for a certain period of time (previously, the president could only have limited use of troops for a period of about 3 months -- if i'm not mistaken -- before congress had to approve). that vote was a statute that gave the president more authority in times when he needed. kerry voted for it...and i think everyone agrees that sometimes the president needs to make decisions that cannot wait for congressional approval. after this was passed, there WAS NO VOTE to go to war in iraq because the president already had the authority to do so. secondly, about the $80 bil extension...when votes take place in washington, 99% of the time everyone knows how everyone is going to vote. even if cspan (and the deuce -- cspan2) is the only station that portrays that. kerry/edwards vote against it was a protest to bush...they knew that the troops would get their equipment...but this was a way to bring attention to the fact that many questions were unanswered. does this make sense? none of this stuff has anything to do with politics...what politics did was change the first vote into "should we go to iraq?" and the second one into "kerry hates troops." i like to look at political events as factually and logically as possible...and this stuff has clearly been dented by the media.

ThatGuy said:

"I want justice. And there's an old poster out West, I recall, that says, 'Wanted: Dead or Alive.'" - President Bush on Osama Bin Laden, September 17, 2001

"I don't know where he is.You know, I just don't spend that much time on him... I truly am not that concerned about him." - President Bush on Osama Bin Laden, March 12, 2002

And of course ...

"One of the interesting things people ask me, now that we're asking questions, is, can you ever win the war on terror? Of course, you can." - President Bush, April 14, 2004

"I don't think you can win [the war on terror]." - President Bush, August 30, 2004

"Make no mistake about it, we are winning and we will win [the war on terror]." - President Bush, August 31, 2004

Perhaps you'd like to enlighten us as to Kerry's changing position on Iraq, or the many other issues you claim he's held many different positions on.

He's a great leader. He inspires me everday.

Sharky and everyone else--please watch the documentary at www.kerryoniraq.com I'm not just talking about recent stuff here. But flip flop or not I'm not voting for Kerry because I don't think he can lead this country as well as the President. I'm sure you Kerry people feel the same in contrast.

I'll do that Trabant if you read Bush's comments on Iraq today at his press conference. He has no idea what he's doing in Iraq.

"The first part of the question was how come we haven't found Zarqawi? We're looking for him. He hides."
Ah...well that explains why we can't find him. Thanks George!

"Talk to the leader. I agree, I'm not the expert on how the Iraqi people think, because I live in America where it's nice and safe and secure."
Which is why we're at the Orange Alert Level and afraid of terrorists hitting us before the election.

Bush is living in a make believe world.

ThatGuy said:
Yes, but inspires you to do what? :wink:

He inspires me to sell my posessions on Ebay, so I might help the US economy (which doesn't need helping by the way), he inspires me to go to church so I might learn the right rules on which to judge people by, he inspires me to burn all my Cat Stevens albums, because any man who could become a Musilm, is a "possible" evildoer, and he inspires me to wish my dad was a very rich man, so I never have to work for, or earn an damn thing.

Last edited:
sharky said:
I'll do that Trabant if you read Bush's comments on Iraq today at his press conference. He has no idea what he's doing in Iraq.

"The first part of the question was how come we haven't found Zarqawi? We're looking for him. He hides."
Ah...well that explains why we can't find him. Thanks George!

"Talk to the leader. I agree, I'm not the expert on how the Iraqi people think, because I live in America where it's nice and safe and secure."
Which is why we're at the Orange Alert Level and afraid of terrorists hitting us before the election.

Bush is living in a make believe world.

I actually did watch that press conference live. So I'd like to hear your comments on the doc. You can PM me if you want. I mean honestly--do you think the leader of the free world has " no idea what he is doing in Iraq?" It may not be what liberals want but he has a clear plan for what HE wants to accomplish there. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And are you saying that we Americans face the same peril that Iraqis do? Not even close. How many terrorist attacks on American soil have there been since 9/11? Do think that is because terrorists don't want to kill us anymore? No--its because we have tightened our security here at home and taken the fight to the terrorists--where they live, work, and plot to take American lives. We are on orange alert in places around the county because yes the election will be a high profile time in which terrorist would love to kill more of us. The orange alert will help assure that this doesn't happen. Statements like "Bush is living in a make believe world" are the usual general things that bush-bashers say--with no proof to back it up. And--by the way--its only a matter of time before we find out what spider hole that Zarqawi is hiding in.

all politicians are flip-floppers and rightfully so

it is ludicrous to state either Bush or Kerry has a higher tendency to flip-flop than the other

chances are that this election will be won by the campaign team that will be able to make up the ludricous statements though

Last edited:
If you want to make the current American presidential race more exciting, visit www.michaelmoore.com and review why he isn't submitting “Fahrenheit 9/11” for consideration of an Oscar. Michael Moore has the right idea and only needs the necessary support to make his plan happen. I emailed him to give my support, I suggest all those who are unhappy with the current administration do the same.

I am a Canadian and my country did not go to war in Iraq, but this does not dismiss the impact President Bush’s policies have had on the world. The threat of terrorism has only gained strength since the start of the war; misguided reasons for entering the war have only solidified the belief of terrorists that western nations are consuming eastern cultures for profit. Halliburton was awarded a major contact in Iraq, generating billions of dollars in revenue from what has now been exposed as improper use of the funds given to the company by the American government to rebuild Iraq. Similarly, the contract of individual rights upheld in the constitutions of all true democracies has also been misused. The Iraqi people have not been given freedom; rather, they have only been given increased terror. The principle of liberty has been promised to the Iraqi people, but only in an illusionary sense. Change is needed.

Back
Top Bottom