Bush Doesn't Realize Gas Could Reach $4 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reggie Thee Dog

Blue Crack Addict
i think Bush is living in a dream world, unfortunately,and apparently gas is still 98 cents a gallon there.

I would hate to be one of his advisors. It must be like trying to get a two year old to get dressed to go outside when doing an interview prep.

"Why don't we let stimulus package 1, which seemed like a good idea at the time, have a chance to kick in?"

This seems like his answer to almost everything.

Of course you have to picture him saying it in that turkey head bob thing he does and his lips doing that fucked up think they do.

Apparently he Is the only person getting any dividend statments, because it seems to me everyone else i know in this economy is just royally scr**d.

I watched Bush speak today and he is so out of touch with the economy. He says there isn't a recession even though the fed said some banks will fail. The last time I shopped for food I noticed that most of the customers were shell shocked by rising prices for food. Also there is a rumor in the South American papers that Bush is buying land in Paraguay. Lots of Nazis escaped there after World War II.

Bush's fortune is in a blind trust. Which probably has plenty of exposure to oil. As should everyone's portfolio.

And........the American president is head cheerleader for the economy. He will be the last to admit a recession.

Bluer White said:
Bush's fortune is in a blind trust. Which probably has plenty of exposure to oil. As should everyone's portfolio.

I think "everyone" is too busy paying bills to have a portfolio.

Bluer White said:

And........the American president is head cheerleader for the economy. He will be the last to admit a recession.

Must feel great to have a portfolio filled with crude. Maybe after coughing up 10 grand for our health insurance, we'll have a few dollars left to start a portfolio :lol: Then we can go ka-ching too, while raping mother earth :up:

And............ finally something this dunce is qualified to do, cheerleading. Anyone got a couple spare pom-poms?

I'm pretty sure the gas price confusion for the prez stems from those pesky decimal points.

2.gif

did someone call for pom-poms?

dunce.gif
propeller.gif

Last edited:
if gas is going to be $4 a gallon

I might have to break out my platinum card to fill the 100 gallon tanks on my mini- yacht (52 footer)

we need to make the tax cuts permanent, now!!!

Reggie Thee Dog said:
On one issue particularly worrisome to American consumers, there are indications that paying $4 for a gallon of gasoline is not out of the question once the summer driving season arrives. Asked about that, Bush said "That's interesting. I hadn't heard that. ... I know it's high now."

:confused:

How could he NOT know...seriously...

FTW...:scratch:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080228/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush;_ylt=AutHDw18GJLOVuC4hDstay2s0NUE

Think he'd care, anyway? I used to think that the President of the United States should be required to have just a teensy bit of intelligence, but apparently that is not the case. What I can't understand is how that dunce got elected *once*, much less twice! :tsk:

Reggie Thee Dog said:
On one issue particularly worrisome to American consumers, there are indications that paying $4 for a gallon of gasoline is not out of the question once the summer driving season arrives. Asked about that, Bush said "That's interesting. I hadn't heard that. ... I know it's high now."

:confused:

How could he NOT know...seriously...

FTW...:scratch:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080228/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush;_ylt=AutHDw18GJLOVuC4hDstay2s0NUE

Thus the reason thank god his time is up.:huh:

Speaking from outside the US, there's not a business article to be read that does not openly declare the US as in recession. No-one clearly wants to say it there, but in dealing with the US economy/business world, recession is the word.

what's most concerning to me, however, are the replies to this thread.

americans will always have cheaper petrol than most of the world, anyway.

and anyone who's ever been to florida knows how many SUV's there are. my family and i reckoned there 1/3 were giant, oversized gas-guzzlers.

i suppose that's for all the snowstorms they have to get through throughout the course of the year?

north america, and not just the united states, will only change their driving habits when petrol prices force them to.

yes, bush is an idiot and out-of-touch. but that's not a surprise is it?

anitram said:
I think "everyone" is too busy paying bills to have a portfolio.

True, but more and more Americans now have 401K plans, rather than traditional retirement plans, especially the younger generations who would handle the volatility inherent in natural resources-focused mutual funds. So a lot of people do have a portfolio, while still being burdened with bills.

Of course, this presumes that there's even such an option in your 401K plan. Mine doesn't. My father's does.

Zoomerang96 said:
north america, and not just the united states, will only change their driving habits when petrol prices force them to.

No, they'll change their driving habits when we depopulate the non-urban areas of the country--i.e., most of the U.S. Beyond that, driving is a requirement.

Seeing that clip on the news is even worse, it's his arrogant flippant attitude about it. I wonder if he knows that oil is 103 today. It's Friday, so maybe he left the office early. And it's leap day, so maybe he gets the day off.

melon said:

No, they'll change their driving habits when we depopulate the non-urban areas of the country--i.e., most of the U.S. Beyond that, driving is a requirement.

but while neither scenario is truly plausible at the time being, things will have to change one way or another.

i can't speak for the united states, but for those living in rural canada... public transportation is simply not an option.

of course those people have to drive their cars, and regularly too. but surely programmes could be put in place that'd at least help put a dent in it?

problem is, i don't have any specific realistic ideas for this, so it's easy for me to point fingers. still... i just know there's got to be a better way.

MrsSpringsteen said:
Seeing that clip on the news is even worse, it's his arrogant flippant attitude about it. I wonder if he knows that oil is 103 today. It's Friday, so maybe he left the office early. And it's leap day, so maybe he gets the day off.

I think he, Condi and Cheney are going to Chuck E. Cheese to celebrate leap day. :cute:

Back
Top Bottom