Bush Disapproval Rating Now Over 50%

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just keep telling myself that at least we'll have cool stories to tell our kids like our grandparents do...

"Say, remember the oil crisis in '05? Har har, I sure had some good-lookin' calves after all the bike-riding I did."

"I remember when they ran that Dubya outta town on a rail, cryin' for his mama."

:wink:

U2democrat said:
I saw that poll this morning...:drool:

It's never too late...bring on the 2006 midterms!!!! :hyper::hyper:

i wonder if the opposite of 2002 will happen -- instead of an asset, the endoresement of the president will be seen as a liability.

seriously, people -- is there anyone who can actually defend the Bush record?

i read somewhere that Bush is like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day -- every morning he wakes up and thinks it's September 12, 2001.

We neeeeed to keep Bill Nelson's senate seat...the thought of Katherine Harris running against him turns my stomach :yuck:. George Allen could easily be defeated here in Virginia, but the only reputable Democrat we would have to run against him is Mark Warner, who will most likely skip '06 and go straight to '08. We really need more Democrats here in VA :|

U2democrat said:
We really need more Democrats here in VA :|

it might take another 10 years, but Virginia will eventually go blue. NoVA is as blue as, say, New Jersey, and even Fairfax County went blue for the first time in ... i dont' know when. i'm not a native Virginian, but i did vote there in 2004, so i'm trying to do my part.

there's also a huge amount of building resentment in NoVA -- it provides a huge part of the state's tax revenue, and then they use it for very right wing purposes and to essentially fund the rest of the state that is well out of step with the affluent and educated and tech-oriented north.

But he is going to do something about gas prices- he's asking us to conserve energy and gas. Yes I know he is releasing oil reserves.

People are self centered so they can see Iraq and other issues as some far off distant abstraction-as long as it doesn't affect them personally. Of course I don't mean ALL people are that way, I would never say that. And many people are starting to get upset about Iraq.

When it starts to hit them in the pocketbook, that's when they get truly angry at Bush and disapprove of him. Dare I say even people who voted for him.

MrsSpringsteen said:
But he is going to do something about gas prices- he's asking us to conserve energy and gas.

:ohmy:

did he really say this?

did this come from the man who told us to go shopping after 9-11?

the man who gave us tax cuts while starting a war that's going to cost into the trillions?

can you post it?

this would shock me, but in a good way.

I read it on the Drudge Report, but the link he has there for Yahoo-the story doesn't say that, it says he flew over the devastation today.

Drudge Report says he will address the nation and ask for energy conservation

From Boston.com:

CONSERVATION NEEDED: US consumers should start reducing their use of energy because of the impact of Hurricane Katrina on oil and natural gas operations in the US Gulf Coast region, the American Petroleum Institute said today. Several pipelines have been shut down, barge traffic has stopped or slowed, and nine refineries are down -- leaving 1.8 million barrels a day, or 11% of total domestic oil production, off-line.
President Bush will address the nation at 5 this evening from the Oval Office.
Check back frequently for continuing updates. --Developing

MrsSpringsteen said:
Drudge Report says he will address the nation and ask for energy conservation

I say he should ask the millionaires and billionaires to sacrifice for the good of the nation, and, being the good patriots they are, accept a 30% tax hike. And our good patriot oil companies should expect the same, while being prohibited from passing it on to the consumer.

Melon

melon said:

I say he should ask the millionaires and billionaires to sacrifice for the good of the nation, and, being the good patriots they are, accept a 30% tax hike. And our good patriot oil companies should expect the same, while being prohibited from passing it on to the consumer.

I agree, I was being sarcastic saying he was doing something, I didn't think anyone would actually be impressed :wink:

especially Irvine :D

randhail said:
From Boston.com:

CONSERVATION NEEDED: US consumers should start reducing their use of energy because of the impact of Hurricane Katrina on oil and natural gas operations in the US Gulf Coast region, the American Petroleum Institute said today. Several pipelines have been shut down, barge traffic has stopped or slowed, and nine refineries are down -- leaving 1.8 million barrels a day, or 11% of total domestic oil production, off-line.
President Bush will address the nation at 5 this evening from the Oval Office.
Check back frequently for continuing updates. --Developing

Believe me, I'll be tuning into Mr. Bush.

Irvine511 said:
i read somewhere that Bush is like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day -- every morning he wakes up and thinks it's September 12, 2001.
Yes its true; he is out of touch with reality, everybody knows that the world is once again switched back to September 10 mode.

Craig Crawford: George Bush: What I Did On My Summer Vacation

Craig CrawfordThu Sep 1,11:56 AM ET

Just imagine how President Bush would write the traditional back-to-school assignment, What I Did On My Summer Vacation: My five weeks on the ranch started with an angry war mom exciting the farm animals (the press corps), and ended with New Orleans turning into a swamp. So I guess I’d have to quote the old joke about what they said to Mrs. Lincoln: “Other than that, how was the theater?”

First, my ace staff tells me this Cindy Sheehan is just a crackpot anti-war person, and the national media will be afraid to give her any play because we’ve bullied them into thinking they’ll look like they don’t support the troops if they cover the critics.

But just in case we send a couple of folks out there the day after Sheehan sets up her little squatters place. They get photographed “listening” to her. Sure enough, all was quiet for a few days.

Big mistake though, when Condi and Rummy show up at the ranch several days later. With the secretaries of Defense and State on property, guess we should have figured that having our own war confab could spotlight an anti-war mob down the road.

Even bigger mistake when I motorcaded past the little woman’s camp on the way to a fundraiser. Lousy picture, there. Maybe I should have stopped and delivered some ice -- always works with those hurricane people. Still, we bagged $2 million for the party. But would have been better to take the helicopter.

Thought about sending the First Lady out there for a smackdown with Cindy, but worried Laura might end up on her side. She’s been kinda feisty lately, getting all the laughs at the White House Correspondent’s Dinner and going public on how I should pick a woman for the Supreme Court.

When Cindy had to go back to California to see her sick mother, we thought this whole mess would go away without her around to feed the buzzards. But then Joan Baez shows up. Geez, nothing like an old hippie from Vietnam days to stir up even older hippies at the New York Times.

At least Lance Armstrong didn’t make trouble on our bike ride. Heard he might be against the war. And I look more manly in that silly biking helmet when I’m riding with a champion, so it made a nice picture. (Maybe Karl Rove was right -- should have learned to ride a horse, be a real cowboy, but only bought the ranch in time for the 2000 election, so never got the chance.)

Finally got Karen Hughes out here for some quality time, and she suggested I go on the road for another “We’re Winning” tour. Also got those right wingers fired up to take on Cindy, make her look like a nut so we could say sympathetic stuff about her great loss. That seemed to do the trick for a little while.

Good move inviting the press to the ranch for an off-the-record barbecue. Those suckers always fall for that one. They like hearing me call them by my pet nicknames for them, and never seem to mind that we won’t let them write about any of it. A little private joshing around with reporters, and just in time they started getting bored with protester mom.

Nice thing about Cindy Sheehan is how she says we should bring all of the troops home right now. Pollsters say most people disagree with her on that. So we set it up as “stay the course” vs. “cut and run.” We always win that argument.

Just when I thought things were easing up, and I could get back to clearing brush, those propeller-head pollsters tell me more people than ever think I’m a screw-up. Why do they even tell me these things? Hard to keep up with who the heck I am, when you listen to the number-crunchers. It is such a roller coaster.

We were doing fine back in 2000 when I was a compassionate conservative and a uniter-not-a-divider. Won that election, even though brother Jeb almost blew it for us in Florida and forever gave my enemies ammo to say I wasn’t legit. Won reelection against that weenie Kerry, and then I was a force to be reckoned with, a two-termer with a mandate to remake the country. (Note to self: Gotta ask Karl what happened to Social Security? They haven’t been putting it in my speeches lately. Must be something wrong).

Then I go on vacation, and instead of getting to play the kick-butt second-termer on break I am spending all my time worrying about a dang war mom taking pot shots at me from a stupid tent. Maybe that’s what they mean by lame duck. (Note to self: Next summer it’s back to Kennebunkport. My real mom is a pain, but nothing like this.) :lol:

crawfordlist.com

A_Wanderer said:
Yes its true; he is out of touch with reality, everybody knows that the world is once again switched back to September 10 mode.

you really need to be living here to understand.

everything, EVERYTHING, is tied back to 9-11.

Last night I saw a clip of Bush describing Katrina as a "temporary disruption." :|

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom