Bush Backtracking on aid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sherry Darling said:

Thank you. I hope that means you'll call or write? :D

Sherry "Bono's Co-pest" Darlin ;)

Yeah I think I will in fact. I want to express my opinion and get soem feedback as well.

Thanks

diamond said:

The pt is Lilly-
With ALL this going on..Bush STILL did more, then your favorite son UNDER BETTER circumstances.
Back off plez.

Thanks-
DB9
:cool:

NO DIAMOND - YOU BACK OFF PLEASE! :madspit:

Bush has done NOTHING, you Bono-hugger, you! ;)

Seriously, all he's done is take credit for what others have done. In fact, I fully feel he's done this his entire life. I'm not anti-Republican. In fact, there were some Republican candidates that were brilliant and would have obtained my vote. But inexplicably, Bush somehow bought the election and now we have to put up with his useless dribble for another few years.

I started to have some respect for the man after Sept. 11th. But now I know just how "dedicated" he really is to fighting the root of terrorism - and that's pretty much the equivalent to zero.

So don't tell Lilly to back down - you do. Until Bush proves otherwise, your unwavering support of him is illogical.

z edge said:
Folks Bush has proven to be an honest man thus far

The Bush honest ?

Well well, I think the times are diferent, all I can say is that we should check the "friends" of the Bush family, for instance some saudi that I don't want to mention here, that after tons and tons of bombs, is still a fugitive, about what I know, the Bush family has had many bussines with mexican politicians over the years, specially in what refers to Oil, just for the record, for his bussines with the Bush family, Jorge Diaz Serrano (PEMEX DIRECTOR) spent 6 years in jail for corruption, I think the best that can happen to the world is that Mr. Bush shut up, ask the japanese ;) maybe he should try pretzels again. :D

Seriously, you Bush lovers defend Bush with less arguments than the ones that bash him here, why people should trust Bush? and your answer is, just because. or even better you answer "back off" nice way of showing knowledge.

Olive, I just want to make clear that I never, never doubt of Bono honesty, that is the one thing that is more certain. About "photo oportunities", well, check the succes of U2 and Bono in the USA, is easy for a politician to know that he will won more than it would lose hanging with that guy. and if is just one vote, they will go for it. and after the latest developments, it seems they only smiled to Bono while he was there, as soon as he leaved, they changed their minds.

Rememember THIS DAY!

Remember THIS DAY-July 4th 2002.
PLEASE MARK MY WORDS..
Store this thread..in YOUR HEAD.

To-

Dr Who
Lilly
Raf-
1-Bush will be Re Elected in 2004.
2-Bush WILL reduce the 3rd World Debt/Help Africa:) considerably w Bono's help.:)
3-Bono will never PUBLICLY speak ill of GW.:cool:
4- Dr Who will buy Diamond a Diet Coke in 2004 as a token of debt payment.
:yes:
DB9

remember-MARK MY WORDS!
dont you love Bono's jacket too?
Rock On!
diamond
:lol:

Last edited:
Re: Rememember THIS DAY!

diamond said:
PLEASE MARK MY WORDS..

To-

Dr Who
Lilly
Raf-
2-Bush WILL reduce the 3rd World Debt/Help Africa:) considerably w Bono's help.:)
DB9

remember-MARK MY WORDS!
Rock On!
diamond

Mmm...so that's a no on giving me some good hard facts I can support Bush with? Come on, maybe you can educate my mind. :p

SD, being a brat as usual

Re: Rememember THIS DAY!

diamond said:
PLEASE MARK MY WORDS..

To-

Dr Who
Lilly
Raf-
DB9

remember-MARK MY WORDS!
Rock On!
diamond

Is there a way we could prevent Dimon (on porpouse typo) from post while he is drunk?
;)

I'm glad to see this topic being debated by you all. I'd like to have faith in GW that he'll actually make a difference with debt relief and all BUT isn't he taking that trip to Africa in 2003? Hey, I know the man is busy but why put off such an important trip until then? The stats showing how many people dying in Africa are staggering. Why wait????:sad:

rafmed said:

The Bush honest ?

Well well, I think the times are diferent, all I can say is that we should check the "friends" of the Bush family, for instance some saudi that I don't want to mention here, that after tons and tons of bombs, is still a fugitive,

Whom? Don't mention then coward out. If you meant bin laden then how do you know he isn't dead?

about what I know, the Bush family has had many bussines with mexican politicians over the years, specially in what refers to Oil, just for the record, for his bussines with the Bush family, Jorge Diaz Serrano (PEMEX DIRECTOR) spent 6 years in jail for corruption,

SO we should avoid business dealings with Mexican politicians or Mexicans in general??? HuH??

I think the best that can happen to the world is that Mr. Bush shut up, ask the japanese ;) maybe he should try pretzels again. :D

maybe you should try pretzels, or maybe try making a point based on something besides meaningless slurred ramblings

Seriously, you Bush lovers defend Bush with less arguments than the ones that bash him here, why people should trust Bush? and your answer is, just because. or even better you answer "back off" nice way of showing knowledge.

HaHaHaHa:laugh:-----> more of your masterful dialogue

P.S.
:rolleyes:

and

Enjoy my signature

Last edited:
America isn't the only wealthy country. I wonder what England and Canada are offering in way of assistance? Australia even. Europe?
It's a shame that the world looks on America to get people out of trouble. Africa is in dire need of help. $200 mil/$500 mil. Every bit helps. If or when Bush opens the purse strings and gives the much needed aid, I doubt Bono will care much about getting thje credit for it. I believe his intentions are great too. Sure he'd be irked. It would piss anyone off.
If the Bush supporters are right, combined with Bono's persistance and the many others involved, time will show that he'll come good with the money. I'd just like to see the rest of the world helping.
That'd be nice, wouldn't it?

Hi Angela Harlem,

First, I have to say, you get my vote for THE coolest U2 screen name ever. :D

Second, from the concerns in your post, I bet you'll be happy to hear that the other countries you mention DO give more than the US. I remember Prof. Sachs (from the Center of Intl. Development at Harvard) saying that. Link to the the interview is on u2.com. :)

So long, Angela Harlem. (Sorry.... ;))

SD

z edge said:

Whom? Don't mention then coward out. If you meant bin laden then how do you know he isn't dead?

Prove he is dead. :)

[
SO we should avoid business dealings with Mexican politicians or Mexicans in general??? HuH??

What you imply is that the Bush family is so good at heart that they didn't know who they were dealing with? now they are even dumb? And I didn't expect more from you than the racist comment.Tha shows your class. If you want to know about corruption, check latest big USA coorporations fiascos ;)

maybe you should try pretzels, or maybe try making a point based on something besides meaningless slurred ramblings

I think I'm smart enough, to eat pretzels, and not choke. ;)
The point is that you want to show why people should trust Mr. Bush. Especially since he is the one that apparently lied to Bono, and the people that trusted in the matter we were discussing here.

HaHaHaHa:laugh:-----> more of your masterful dialogue

And still not arguments. I guess I'm asking too much ;)

Have a nice day :)

Sherry Darling said:
Hi Angela Harlem,

First, I have to say, you get my vote for THE coolest U2 screen name ever. :D

Second, from the concerns in your post, I bet you'll be happy to hear that the other countries you mention DO give more than the US. I remember Prof. Sachs (from the Center of Intl. Development at Harvard) saying that. Link to the the interview is on u2.com. :)

SD

Sherry-
Youre right Prof. Sachs did say this.
He is an esteemed, wise man.:)

HOWEVER-
These OTHER countries you mention that give more , can, and should right now. This FACT you are glossing over is..
..these other countries DO NOT have the SAME amount of items/problems.. on their plates as THE USA. (deficits/War on Terror..ect.)

Raf-
Plez stop fighting w Z.
Z plez stop egging him on.

You two fellas are like a Protestant and a Catholic arguing about Grace.
My advice-
Agree to disagree.
Peace.

Raf -Remember Diet Coke for me once GW is re-elected..and plez have Brother Vincente' Fox run it up to me..POOLSIDE ;):cool:

thank u
Diamond
;)

Last edited:
Who cares whether Clinton or Bush did more? No more politician bashing.

I have said it before and I will say it again ... this is NOT a partisan issue? It's not an issue defined by borders, religion, or race.

It's a HUMAN issue. If you're human and have some level of compassion in your heart, you will recognize the need to reach out and help your fellow man.

Even if you don't have compassion, you should recognize the economic need to save Africa from the bruden of AIDS and debt.

A few months ago, I heard Andrew Young (mayor of Atlanta and fromer press secretary for Martin Luther King Jr.). He said that the root of violence is poverty. We see it inner cities of America today, we saw it in Afganistan and now we're seeing it in Africa ... violent men take over the government and institute tyranistic governments.

The US has got to help ... some way, some how. There are countries much smaller than the US committing more money to the problem (money in terms of a percent of their GDP). We should be setting the standard ... not falling behind it.

diamond said:

Raf-
Plez stop fighting w Z.
Z plez stop egging him on.

You two fellas are like a Protestant and a Catholic arguing about Grace.
My advice-
Agree to disagree.
Peace.

Raf -Remember Diet Coke for me once GW is re-elected..and plez have Brother Vincente' Fox run it up to me..POOLSIDE ;):cool:

thank u
Diamond
;)

For once I will take your advise, PEACE :)

Last edited:
diamond said:

Sherry-
Youre right Prof. Sachs did say this.
He is an esteemed, wise man.:)

HOWEVER-
These OTHER countries you mention that give more , can, and should right now. This FACT you are glossing over is..
..these other countries DO NOT have the SAME amount of items/problems.. on their plates as THE USA. (deficits/War on Terror..ect.)

Sachs= :up:

I'm not sure I agree with the rest of your arguement, though. For one, aid to Africa is an important weapon in our fight against terror; but its a long term one, so it takes vision and patience, and it's not very sexy. :)

Also, there are other countries involved in the war. Not as heavily, since they aren't the primary target (yet), but they are involved, esp. Canada and Britan. (God bless you all, BTW :)) And we're hardly the only country with a deficit, to my knowledge.

Finally, "But we're doing enough, they should do it" just plain ole sounds like a lame excuse to me. :D Everyone always thinks someone else should do it, so no one does. One of the reasons I started this letter writing campaign was because I started listening to my own excuses (someone else will, I've done enough, no one will listen anyway, I'm too busy, I'm too tired right now) and they were really dumb. :)

Jess, very well said! :up:

SD

rafmed said:

Prove he is dead. :)

Prove he is alive :heart:

What you imply is that the Bush family is so good at heart that they didn't know who they were dealing with? now they are even dumb? And I didn't expect more from you than the racist comment.Tha shows your class. If you want to know about corruption, check latest big USA coorporations fiascos ;)

Prove that "latest big USA coorporations fiascos ;) have anything to do with George W. Bush. Prove it bro.

No I didn't make a racist comment, you took it wrong. I am not a racist, I hope you are not serious?!?

I think I'm smart enough, to eat pretzels, and not choke. ;)

anyone can choke on anything, my incredibly intelligent amigo. It has nothing to do with intelligence.

The point is that you want to show why people should trust Mr. Bush. Especially since he is the one that apparently lied to Bono, and the people that trusted in the matter we were discussing here.

I hate to say this but Mr. Bush's responsibilites are much more involved than our :bono: can understand, or intervene with. Yet Mr. Bush has duly given our :bono: the time of day, and sent Paul O'Neill with him and will go himself to Africa next year. Yet we have fault in Mr. Bush. Because he lied? Prove he lied, what was it that he said anyways?

Not really trying to be arguementative with you Rafmed, but I disagree with you.

:heart:

Last edited:
Why, thankyou Sherry Darling! I must return the compliment and say I love your nick too, its so glam and reminds me of Ab Fab - Diamonds and champagne...don't ask me why, but I've always thought that :D
Also, its great what you are doing with the site too. And thanks for the info on what other countries are doing. I figured America couldnt surely be the only country helping, but I just dont hear about it.

And Diamond, that could be another argument for another day, whether America has more on its plate than other places. We dont have terrorism, but we do have some lost refugess wandering around the desert right now, whom I suspect are hiding in Brettig's spare bedroom. He wont admit helping them escape, but I wouldn't put it past him you know.

Angela Harlem said:
Why, thankyou Sherry Darling! I must return the compliment and say I love your nick too, its so glam and reminds me of Ab Fab - Diamonds and champagne...don't ask me why, but I've always thought that :D
Also, its great what you are doing with the site too. And thanks for the info on what other countries are doing. I figured America couldnt surely be the only country helping, but I just dont hear about it.

Thanks Angela! :) My nick is from a Springsteen song (hey hey hey, whaddya say, Sherry Darlin....) Thanks for your support, too. We need all hands on deck with this....

SD

1026022124.1677885490.jpg

A Zambian AIDS victim eats his midday meal.
Bush Backtracking on AIDS a Slap in the Face for Bono

Sherry Darling said:

Sachs= :up:

I'm not sure I agree with the rest of your arguement, though. For one, aid to Africa is an important weapon in our fight against terror

SD

Ehh, in what way ? Do you mean as, you do what i want ore you do not get aid ? Ore as , i give you aid to lower the poverty and i hope you will respect me ?

Rono said:

Ehh, in what way ? Do you mean as, you do what i want ore you do not get aid ? Ore as , i give you aid to lower the poverty and i hope you will respect me ?

Right now, the first situation you describe is what exists. The HPICs do X, they get Y. Not entirely sure who the "I" and "you" are in your second sentence, but I think Bono put it esp. well.

You don't have to be Henry Kissenger to figure out that a more prosperous world is a more secure world; a more educated world is a more tolerant world; and a more healthy world is a more stable world, and I think that would be a fitting memorial to those who lost their lives on Sept. 11th. ~Bono on Leno, Thanksgiving 2001

SD

rafmed said:

Olive, I just want to make clear that I never, never doubt of Bono honesty, that is the one thing that is more certain. About "photo oportunities", well, check the succes of U2 and Bono in the USA, is easy for a politician to know that he will won more than it would lose hanging with that guy. and if is just one vote, they will go for it. and after the latest developments, it seems they only smiled to Bono while he was there, as soon as he leaved, they changed their minds.

okay i understand.

JessicaAnn said:
Who cares whether Clinton or Bush did more? No more politician bashing.

I have said it before and I will say it again ... this is NOT a partisan issue? It's not an issue defined by borders, religion, or race.

It's a HUMAN issue. If you're human and have some level of compassion in your heart, you will recognize the need to reach out and help your fellow man.

:up: You got it JessicaAnn. The US has the capability to do something revolutionary here for fellow humans. lets hope we can live up to the responsiblities.

Back
Top Bottom