Bush administration pays black pundit to promote their agenda

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
David Brock at Media Matters for America has written to the media outlets...let's see how they respond:

http://mediamatters.org/items/200501070009

Kevin Klose
President and Chief Executive
National Public Radio
635 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20001

David D. Smith
Chief Executive Officer
Sinclair Broadcasting Group, Inc.
10706 Beaver Dam Road
Hunt Valley, MD 21030

Roger E. Ailes
Chairman and CEO
FOX News Channel
1211 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036

Jonathan Rodgers
CEO
TV One
101 Wayne Avenue, 10th floor
Silver Spring, MD 20910

David D. Williams
President and CEO
Tribune Media Services
435 North Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611

Dear Sirs:

I'm writing today to bring to your attention a report in the January 7 edition of USA Today that conservative commentator Armstrong Williams was paid $240,000 by the U.S. government to promote a Bush administration education initiative -- a financial relationship he failed to disclose to readers, listeners, and viewers.

If the facts as reported by USA Today are correct, Mr. Williams was being secretly paid by the Bush administration to promote government policies at the same time that he was participating in public debate on those policies. I presume that you are as troubled by this gross conflict of interest as I am. I respectfully ask that you immediately review your professional relationship with Mr. Williams and take whatever actions you may deem appropriate, including severing that relationship, on the grounds that Mr. Williams's integrity has been irrevocably damaged by taking money to influence the public debate without disclosing those payments.

In my view, the payments, if made -- as well as Mr. Williams's failure to disclose the payments -- would disqualify Mr. Williams from appearing in the media as an independent commentator.

Yours,

David Brock
President and CEO
Media Matters for America

Screw any pretense at independence, he's bought and sold. I don't like this at all. I already knew I disliked most pundits; this does nothing to change my perception of them.

Last edited:
well, a 'free and independant media' has always been an illusion. thats not to say that the government 'controls' the media but they certainly are a primary content provider.

the direct nature of this relationship would seem to be quite another level though.

Last edited:
beli said:
This is another "huh? I dont get it. Im foreign" thread, isnt it? :huh:

these days, lucky you.

Australia is looking so lovely lately, how expensive is the real estate around Melbourne? have never been to Oz, but have been told that would be my favorite city, though Sydney did look so good during the Olympics. got any room for disaffected Yanks?

LOL. Im in Perth. Melbourne is beautiful. Its one of our colder, wetter cities. Melbourne has lots of cultural "stuff". Sydneys real estate is horrendously expensive.

On the Real Estate Institute of Western Australias home page is some links to the other states down on the right hand side.

http://www.reiwa.com.au/content-home.cfm

Helpful Hint - Melbourne is in Victoria

Last edited:
beli said:
LOL. Im in Perth. Melbourne is beautiful. Its one of our colder, wetter cities. Melbourne has lots of cultural "stuff". Sydneys real estate is horrendously expensive.

On the Real Estate Institute of Western Australias home page is some links to the other states down on the right hand side.

http://www.reiwa.com.au/content-home.cfm

Helpful Hint - Melbourne is in Victoria

I'm trying to ingratiate myself with a certain Bondi dweller... I'd be happy with a box on his porch... :wink: And I'd even babysit. :ohmy: Although I imagine the place would be trashed when they got home (the kids are hellers).

Bush administration pays black pundit to promote their agenda

they should have paid this guy

wm.jpg

Wow! What a hottie! :ohmy:

So that's how you're supposed to recycle those bags....

Back
Top Bottom